Extend Hyatt Award Free Night?

Old Feb 23, 14, 7:16 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LAX
Posts: 178
Extend Hyatt Award Free Night?

I've been so busy & just realized that I have 2 free award nights at any Hyatt Hotel / Resort that both expire on 28 FEB! Does anyone know if one can make a reservation by deadline for a future night 1-3 months later or know a way to extend this deadline? I know, don't state the obvious....I goofed! And don't want to waste this valuable benefit........
Hofu is offline  
Old Feb 23, 14, 8:09 pm
  #2  
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Upcountry Maui, HI
Posts: 12,440
Originally Posted by Hofu View Post
I've been so busy & just realized that I have 2 free award nights at any Hyatt Hotel / Resort that both expire on 28 FEB! Does anyone know if one can make a reservation by deadline for a future night 1-3 months later or know a way to extend this deadline? I know, don't state the obvious....I goofed! And don't want to waste this valuable benefit........
I think you can generally get a 1 month extension these days just for asking, but nothing beyond that.

Try messaging Gold Passport Concierge.

And make sure to use them before they expire.

-David
LIH Prem is offline  
Old Feb 23, 14, 8:14 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 1,133
You can use them to book a future reservation beyond the Feb 28 booking expiration date. I'm using one for a reservation in May and another for a reservation in August.
jibi is offline  
Old Feb 24, 14, 8:24 am
  #4  
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 1,627
Hyatt Free Night Awards have to be used by the expiration date. If your awards are expiring, please PM your Gold Passport information. I would be happy to further assist.

-Paul R
Gold Passport Concierge is offline  
Old Feb 24, 14, 1:08 pm
  #5  
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: CVG
Posts: 15,255
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
You can use them to book a future reservation beyond the Feb 28 booking expiration date. I'm using one for a reservation in May and another for a reservation in August.
Are you sure you're not confusing the two free nights from the credit card with suite upgrades? The Diamond Suite Upgrades can be booked for past it's expiration date(lose if reservation cancelled / changed) though. The free nights generally must be used by the expiration date with a possible extension of a month as noted.
peteropny is offline  
Old Jul 30, 15, 11:41 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge View Post
Hyatt Free Night Awards have to be used by the expiration date. If your awards are expiring, please PM your Gold Passport information. I would be happy to further assist.

-Paul R
Hi Paul are you still able to help with extending award night expiration? I called Gold Passport but was told the nights which expire tomorrow cannot be extended. I was looking to travel and use the nights next week! Please help!
Charve is offline  
Old Jul 30, 15, 11:49 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5
I have the same problem, I had two free night awards I was going to use this summer but was transferred for work and moved across the country so our vacation was postponed and is now planned for fall 2016, but my nights expire in January. Can anybody with Hyatt GP help???

thanks!
Bronco1983 is offline  
Old Jul 30, 15, 11:54 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 23,189
Originally Posted by Bronco1983 View Post
I have the same problem, I had two free night awards I was going to use this summer but was transferred for work and moved across the country so our vacation was postponed and is now planned for fall 2016, but my nights expire in January. Can anybody with Hyatt GP help???

thanks!
You want an extension for an extra 9 months? Good luck with that, maybe just find a place for a nice weekend. Please do let us know if HGP actually extended them till Fall '16
craz is offline  
Old Jul 30, 15, 3:29 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 675
Originally Posted by Charve View Post
I called Gold Passport but was told the nights which expire tomorrow cannot be extended. I was looking to travel and use the nights next week! Please help!
Same reply in my situation. I had a free night granted after reaching 50 unique hotel stays. I asked GP desk to extend one month but was told the date could not changed.
edsh is offline  
Old Jul 31, 15, 12:57 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Posts: 5,536
In June, I had my Chase Visa Annual Free Night expiration extended by one month. From June 2015 expiry to end of July 2015. I used it during 4th of July weekend.

IIRC, the agent stated that that's the maximum extension (1 month) available for the credit card annual free night.

Bronco1983, 9 month extension? Good luck, but I doubt they'll get extended more than to end of Feb ... I'm not even comfortable stating a one month extension since you're talking about the initial 2 night bonus.
iflyjetz is offline  
Old Nov 3, 15, 8:52 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1
Hi Paul

Any chance you could help me with extending award nights? I have been so busy with work and baby i totally forgot about the nights but plan to use them by the end of Dec. Gold Passport are saying an extension is not possible. Please let me know if you can help.

Many thanks
loukanova is offline  
Old Nov 3, 15, 4:45 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Posts: 17,052
Originally Posted by loukanova View Post
Hi Paul

Any chance you could help me with extending award nights? I have been so busy with work and baby i totally forgot about the nights but plan to use them by the end of Dec. Gold Passport are saying an extension is not possible. Please let me know if you can help.

Many thanks
You're better off sending a PM. I doubt that the guy is still checking for responses to a post he made in February 2014...
hailstorm is offline  
Old Feb 18, 16, 3:35 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1
I just tried to get an extension with my Chase 2 nights free award and hitting a brick wall. Its Feb 2016, my points expire next month. The woman on the phone mentioned that they were able to extend the program at one time, but no longer. They did offer to convert the stays to points but the points wouldn't be enough to stay at the Vendome Paris. Beggars can't be choosers. Hope this helps someone.
codex001 is offline  
Old Feb 19, 16, 2:48 am
  #14  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Between AMS and BRU
Posts: 8,799
That's what you get for waiting a year to use them..... still a very decent option to convert to points though.
RTW1 is offline  
Old Apr 25, 16, 8:10 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1
booking Hyatt 2 free nights past expiration

Originally Posted by jibi View Post
You can use them to book a future reservation beyond the Feb 28 booking expiration date. I'm using one for a reservation in May and another for a reservation in August.
Jibi, did this work for you?? I have 2 award nights that expire at the end of April. I went online and booked them one at a time and was able to book dates in September...however...after booking, it said something about these award nights will not show in reservations, and I didn't get an email confirmation. I have a bad feeling that when I show up to the hotel, they will not honor the booking and charge me full price.

Last edited by Leigh3950; Apr 25, 16 at 8:59 am
Leigh3950 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: