Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extend Hyatt Award Free Night?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Call. You should always get a written confirmation, via email, for any hotel reservation showing the terms.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Leigh3950
Jibi, did this work for you?? I have 2 award nights that expire at the end of April. I went online and booked them one at a time and was able to book dates in September...however...after booking, it said something about these award nights will not show in reservations, and I didn't get an email confirmation. I have a bad feeling that when I show up to the hotel, they will not honor the booking and charge me full price.
You quoted an old post. I suggest you read the Hyatt Chase credit thread on here. You can not extend the free nights. You must use by the expiration date. If you do not, they can supposedly be converted to points. But it's a low conversion compared to best use of the nights. Read the wiki in the other thread.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Can they still be converted into points? If so, how? My wife's nights expire Aug 11 - we just called both Hyatt and Chase and got no where on an extension.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
bump?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
bump?
I've haven't heard any DP they won't give points after it has expired, so I assume they still do. I do know of a few people who have done so this year. Give 'em a call.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: AA MM
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
Can they still be converted into points? If so, how? My wife's nights expire Aug 11 - we just called both Hyatt and Chase and got no where on an extension.
I just recently did this. Had one free night left over from the old credit card bonus which I was unable to use. After it expired, I called and they credited me 20k points. My understanding is that you have to wait until after they have expired. Also, I have read that it's not guaranteed that they will do this, so there might be a bit of a risk. But it worked in my case.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:46 pm

When did you do this? What number did you call?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:24 am

Any recent data points? I have one expiring next week but so far have been told even if I call back after expiration, points are no longer offered.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by slice
Any recent data points? I have one expiring next week but so far have been told even if I call back after expiration, points are no longer offered.
just got 10,000 for a Cat 1-4. My Concierge handled it
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by martinplas

Are you Globalist? Something else?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold

Apparently, he is somehow still a Hyatt Diamond.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold

Must be. Only Globalists get a concierge.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Must be. Only Globalists get a concierge.
Yes I’m a Globalist and my concierge converted one day after it expired
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by martinplas

So from what I read Hyatt deducts 50% from the max points value to offer this discretionary points credit. Interesting.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
So from what I read Hyatt deducts 50% from the max points value to offer this discretionary points credit. Interesting.
33%, but yes.

I think it's a pretty fair deal actually. It's a reasonable amount points given as a courtesy to those who don't use the night within the stated time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.