Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Does Hyatt give points when P+C rate is paid in gift cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

I read somewhere that Hyatt won't give points when the stays are paid in Hyatt gift cards, but I've also read that gift cards are treated same as cash. I've got a $500 "cash" portion of a P+C stay coming up and would like to use a gift card. Can I be confident that I'll get points if I use a gift card?

Also, where's the best place to get Hyatt gift cards? I missed the deal at the end of last year and I'm not a milepoint premium customer, but there are some 4-8% deals online.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:44 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I read somewhere that Hyatt won't give points when the stays are paid in Hyatt gift cards, but I've also read that gift cards are treated same as cash. I've got a $500 "cash" portion of a P+C stay coming up and would like to use a gift card. Can I be confident that I'll get points if I use a gift card?

Also, where's the best place to get Hyatt gift cards? I missed the deal at the end of last year and I'm not a milepoint premium customer, but there are some 4-8% deals online.
Yes, points are given on gift card payments.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

And any good deals on Hyatt gift cards?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

I bought $800 in Hyatt gift cards from an online website to pay for the "cash" part of P+C redemption for my stay at Andaz Maui this weekend and for eating at the hotel restaurant(s). I thought that these gift cards were as good as cash at Hyatt, but reading the T+C, it looks like they can be applied toward "eligible purchases ar participating" hotels in the US, Canada, and Caribbean. Maui is part of the US, but the "participating" part makes me worried. Will I run into a problem with my upcoming stay?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 2:41 pm
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
I bought $800 in Hyatt gift cards from an online website to pay for the "cash" part of P+C redemption for my stay at Andaz Maui this weekend and for eating at the hotel restaurant(s). I thought that these gift cards were as good as cash at Hyatt, but reading the T+C, it looks like they can be applied toward "eligible purchases ar participating" hotels in the US, Canada, and Caribbean. Maui is part of the US, but the "participating" part makes me worried. Will I run into a problem with my upcoming stay?
You shouldn't. I used a fair amount of Hyatt Gift Cards at the Grand Hyatt Kauai last September and they worked just fine. Additionally, I received points just like I would had I used cash.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 4:55 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I have used Hyatt Gift cards at the Andaz Maui as recently as last week to pay my bill. I've been there three times and never had a problem.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres

I've used gift cards at various properties and always gotten points. The front desk procedure for processing the gift cards usually takes a while though.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: La Quinta Elite IHGSPIRE HH Diamond BW Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Walgreen's sells Hyatt Gift Cards. The only reason I would buy any is if I needed to meet a credit card minimum spend offer.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:20 pm

If you use Discover, you can buy the Hyatt gift cards with your cashback bonus at a discount. A $50 card can be purchased with $45 of cashback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.