Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

24 Stays, Diamond Requalification??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Hyatt Diamond member a few years now and am at 24 stays year to date. I messed up and thought my holiday award stay would be my 25th but forgot Hyatt doesn't count those like others.

Any feedback on if Hyatt does any courtesy requalification if close? I'm thinking of a mattress run for the night of the 31st but would rather not.

Thanks and happy new year.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Well, I'd normally say - if you want Diamond, then achieve the requirements and go with the mattress run, despite the hassle and cost. Especially that close, it's likely worth it.

All that said...

The first year I achieved Diamond, I had around 18 stays and 43 nights. Yet somehow, they decided to bump me to Diamond. I think it's because my revenue was quite high given the international properties I tend to stay at, so from a revenue perspective (despite unpublished criteria and policy), perhaps they felt I should qualify to incentivize continued revenue at those levels.

Whatever the case, it worked well for Hyatt and I.

But back to your situation, if you have a private line rep, I'd call them and see what they say. Otherwise, you may call the Diamond desk and see if a CSR there can hook you up with a supervisor who may be able to do something, but logic says, play it safe and book that mattress run!
Old Dec 30, 2013, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Should not be a problem, several colleagues achieved to requalify with very low numbers in the 20's in recent years.

There might be a difference between residing in the US and Europe, though.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
I would not risk the hope of them making an exception if I were in your shoes.

Your profile shows DC...there are several Cheap HPs in the area...do a quick run out to IAD this evening for the one night needed.

For that matter the GH Washington DC is $119 for tonight...other rates as low as $69.

Well worth it IMHO
Old Dec 30, 2013, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by IflyfromPHX
I would not risk the hope of them making an exception if I were in your shoes.

Your profile shows DC...there are several Cheap HPs in the area...do a quick run out to IAD this evening for the one night needed.

For that matter the GH Washington DC is $119 for tonight...other rates as low as $69.

Well worth it IMHO
I would agree with you. If the OP is counting on the diamond bennies in the coming year (like suite upgrades), it's not worth taking the chance that HGP will just 'give' him diamond being one night short!
Old Dec 30, 2013, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Don't take a chance.. Do the one nighter mattress run.

There has been a few examples this year where other members were that close but refused. Perhaps times have changed and Hyatt is out to protect the integrity of the Diamond program.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:09 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Unless you have been a very high revenue, I wouldn't chance it and do the mattress run tonight. Other alternative is if you have 25 stays in Jan / Feb, there wouldn't be a break in your Diamond status.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 6:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I am currently at the Hyatt Dulles for my 25th stay. I will call to have them manually credit it to 2013 status. I strongly urge the OP to make the last stay tonight. A few years ago, I forgot to call to make the manual adjustment and received a platinum card in January. Hyatt will not give you the diamond bump with less than 25 stays unless you are spending a lot of money.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Did OP dissappear? I'm interested in knowing what OP did? Conduct the mattress run, or is acting as the latest member to test Hyatt whether they will grant an exception for Diamond or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.