Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place San Jose del Cabo - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2013, 2:17 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Good Afternoon Flyertalkers,

Hyatt Place San Jose del Cabo, the first Hyatt Place hotel to open in Mexico.

The hotel boasts 157 roomy rooms with ocean or mountain views, including four suites and the modern features and amenities for which Hyatt Place hotels are known. Hyatt Place San Jose del Cabo is conveniently located on Paseo Malecón, just 20 minutes from the Los Cabos International Airport and steps away from the beach on the Sea of Cortes.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 12:22 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
That's funny, I just realized this is across the street from the condos we stay in during Christmas. We were there in Spring and saw something under construction that has completely ruined the view from a cute rooftop tapas place. Now I know its the Hyatt ;-)
Will have to check it out when we arrive next week.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by stephem
That's funny, I just realized this is across the street from the condos we stay in during Christmas. We were there in Spring and saw something under construction that has completely ruined the view from a cute rooftop tapas place. Now I know its the Hyatt ;-)
Will have to check it out when we arrive next week.
Did you get around to check it out? Is the stretch of beach here swimmable?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
It's not on the beach, so you have to walk across the street and about a block down to the beach. Been going to this general area for 10 years. Beach is swimmable on all but high surf days.

The hotel is standard Hyatt Place, wedged in a strange spot. I still dont get it... Not sure why they built this here.

Originally Posted by yvrmajl
Did you get around to check it out? Is the stretch of beach here swimmable?
Old May 2, 2014, 1:24 pm

Has anyone actually stayed here? Gets pretty good TA reviews, but I'm not sure I understand much about the facilities. Not on the beach, of course.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Unhappy

https://twitter.com/RodrigoEBR/statu...434688/photo/1

[NB: I don't do Twitter. This came up on the weather.com splash page.]
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver
Hyatt Place Los Cabos doesn't appear to be accepting reservations before March, 2015. From the webpage:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Hyatt Place Los Cabos operations have been impacted by Hurricane Odile’s recent passage through the area. The hotel is currently closed and not accepting reservations until further notice.

Hyatt Place Los Cabos will waive all cancellation charges and refund all deposits for stays during this period, and will work with each traveler to make future arrangements. Guests with upcoming reservations should call 1-800-323-7249 or 402-492-6465 as storms have affected hotel communications.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: None - previously UA
The construction doesn't seem to be very hurricane resistant. Would be surprised if this opens by March. Quite frankly it looks like a tear down.

Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It looks even worse from this side than the pictures I have seen from the other side. I wonder how the other properties like the Hyatt Ziva are looking. Probably a bit better since they have been there a while.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
It looks worse up close
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The structure looks intact, it's just the facade that has been stripped.... Still, a major job to get operating again.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
A job for the team who did the Andaz Maui?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Just got back from being evacuated from Cabo. The HP looked like one of the absolutely worst hit hotels in the area it's in. It's not on the beach at all but looks to have taken a devastating hit. It totally stands out compared to everything else around it in the level of damage it received. My whole minibus turned, looked, and exclaimed "Who built THAT place!"

Definitely some major work to be done.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Any recent stays? Transportation info needed

I will be staying here in February. Any recent stays to report? Any airport transportation ideas other than rental cars or busses?
Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond
Just booked some nights here in April. Love any info on people staying after the repairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.