Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Times Square REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2015, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Diamond Benefits:
  • No Regency Club; breakfast entrees on the menu at T45
    • Last reported as $34 per person, up to 4 persons.
    • Room service is available as part of the benefit.
  • Amenities (choice of one, as of 3/19/2015)
    • 1,000 points
    • 25-minute massage at the spa
    • 2 drinks at the T54 rooftop bar

In general:
  • Parking
    • Valet: $64/night
    • Self: LOL
    • Street: LOLOL
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Centric Times Square REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 11:01 am

original link has " at the end and does not work (for me) reposted link w/o " works
Old Sep 14, 2016, 11:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Intercontinental Ambassador, Delta
Wow, I seem to recall someone mentioning the Union Square property was going to be a Centric, but didn't realize the TS location was too. I've stayed here a couple times and actually really like it. It probably ties with Andaz Wall Street for my second favorite property in NYC. I hope it doesn't change too much, or get more expensive. Outside of Wall Street's great weekend rates, the rates are often pretty reasonable here.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:42 pm

Just noticed as i was trying to book it and it is now a centric. What does this mean in terms of service changes? Never stayed at a centric before.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:28 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Just noticed as i was trying to book it and it is now a centric. What does this mean in terms of service changes? Never stayed at a centric before.
See my post 178 and 180 on this topic with the news link.
Suggest changing the title of this thread, now that this has actually happened.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
JWhat does this mean in terms of service changes?
Don't think it means anything except a name change, at least for now.

Let's hope Hyatt is not planning to follow what Marriott has done by limiting elite benefits at AC properties. Wouldn't be surprised if they're watching that experiment pretty closely.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:55 am

At this hotel now. Used a DSU to a corner suite and that was a big mistake. Room is nice but right next to the elevators. Elevators are extremely loud. You can hear them running 24/7. You can hear everything that anyone says outside waiting for elevators. Called and thank god they can move us after the first night, but only after proactively looking up open rooms. Staff is pretty good but a total miss last night on the phone.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by olouie
At this hotel now. Used a DSU to a corner suite and that was a big mistake. Room is nice but right next to the elevators. Elevators are extremely loud. You can hear them running 24/7. You can hear everything that anyone says outside waiting for elevators. Called and thank god they can move us after the first night, but only after proactively looking up open rooms. Staff is pretty good but a total miss last night on the phone.
4801?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
4801?
It was a 01 room but not on 48 :-)
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Restaurant closed for renovations - breakfast beware!

Here on night two of a 2-night stay. Used DSU and was able to secure a Exec. Suite after emailing hotel. Reason was that we are family of four and needed the pull-out in order to accommodate us all. Room is fine. Took Diamond amenity of 2 cocktails at rooftop bar.

Restaurant is closed for renovations and breakfast (buffet) is served at the rooftop bar. While the view is nice, the breakfast was pretty lousy. Food was lukewarm and the french toast was burnt (to a crisp). Selection was not very extensive. While it is free for Diamonds, I cannot see paying the $35 pp they ordinarily charge for this - it is an outrageous price for this low quality of an offering.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
Originally Posted by mangoMan
Here on night two of a 2-night stay. Used DSU and was able to secure a Exec. Suite after emailing hotel. Reason was that we are family of four and needed the pull-out in order to accommodate us all. Room is fine. Took Diamond amenity of 2 cocktails at rooftop bar.

Restaurant is closed for renovations and breakfast (buffet) is served at the rooftop bar. While the view is nice, the breakfast was pretty lousy. Food was lukewarm and the french toast was burnt (to a crisp). Selection was not very extensive. While it is free for Diamonds, I cannot see paying the $35 pp they ordinarily charge for this - it is an outrageous price for this low quality of an offering.
I'm at this hotel this week also. I stay here periodically and it generally works well for me. But yes since they moved breakfast upstairs -- yuck. The buffet food was cold when I was there. Today was the first day that they created this buffet so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm there for a couple weeks so hopefully it will improve.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Have either of you heard when the restaurant is scheduled to reopen? I have a refundable stay booked there for mid-February.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by mangoMan
Here on night two of a 2-night stay. Used DSU and was able to secure a Exec. Suite after emailing hotel. Reason was that we are family of four and needed the pull-out in order to accommodate us all. Room is fine.
I can't even imagine being in one of those suites with 4 people as it was one of the smaller suites I have had at a Hyatt property. When I used the DSU I thought it wasn't a good use of the certificate.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by christianj
I can't even imagine being in one of those suites with 4 people as it was one of the smaller suites I have had at a Hyatt property. When I used the DSU I thought it wasn't a good use of the certificate.
It's not so bad. It is NY afterall, and rooms are small in general. The Exec suite has a separate bedroom that's decent sized, and then a living room with pull-out in it, which is a similar size as the bedroom. The bathroom could be bigger, but for a 2 night stay it worked for us.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I was there New Year's Eve (and the following night). The staff handled things pretty well. The ground floor restaurant was open, and service reasonably good. The biggest problem was one of three elevators serving the high-rise was out-of-service, and elevator waits were long. Another issue they need to resolve is that there is no line for elite nor mobile check-in.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Originally Posted by christianj
Certainly not palatial by any means, but fine by NYC standards IMO. I agree 4 adults would be pushing it, but for a family with young-ish children, the Executive Suite with pullout was definitely workable.

Whether it's a good use of a DSU is debatable - if you're alone or traveling as a couple, perhaps not. But if you need space for 4, from a cost perspective, I think it is as suites are usually pretty expensive in NYC. The alternative is booking an additional room which may or may not work depending on if you're traveling with children and their ages.

Last edited by gunksny; Jan 6, 2017 at 7:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.