Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gift Card Discount for Hyatt Gold Passport members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
4th Quarter 2014 10% Discount Info

Purchase Link:
www.hyattgiftcards.com
merchant.sgiftcard.com/chrome_mode/virtual/hyatt_us (beta)

Discount code:
GPGIFT14

What's the difference between the types that can be purchased?
Gift Cards and e-cards:
  • Can only be used at Hyatt hotels in the U.S., Canada and Caribbean.
  • Retain unused value across multiple transactions
  • Free e-delivery or free USPS shipping (or paid Fedex)
Gift Checks:
  • Can be used at Hyatt hotels globally. International use is applied using hotel's currency conversion rate.
  • Can only be used for a single transaction
  • Fedex shipping only

Expiration Info
  • The discount for purchasing the cards expires at 11:59 pm CST on December 31, 2014 an undetermined time shortly after 12:00pm (noon) CST on Thursday, Jan. 1st, 2015.
  • Hyatt Gift Cards and Check Certificates purchased from Hyatt at www.hyattgiftcards.com do not expire. Details in this post.

Shipping Cost
  • eGift Card, digital delivery is free
  • Plastic cards, USPS delivery is free. Fedex delivery available for a fee.
  • Gift checks, only Fedex delivery (for a fee).

Purchase Limits
  • $2000 per gift card
  • $10000 per purchaser, per day
  • No overall cap for purchases spread across multiple days

Available amounts:
Purchase amount must be between $10 and $2000 in increments of $5.

Purchase bonuses
  • 5% rebate for Amex OPEN? YES
  • 3x points using Chase Hyatt card? YES
  • 2x points using Chase Southwest card? YES
  • 2x points using Chase Sapphire Preferred? YES
  • 2x points using Chase Ink Bold for hotel spend? YES
  • Barclays Arrival bonus for travel spend? NO
    Costco Amex travel rebate NO
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Gift Card Discount for Hyatt Gold Passport members

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never mind. Misread.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by whitesol
What I meant to say was "Will this count for American Express' OPEN discount"
Originally Posted by cliff9973
It counted for me last year
So even without the 10% discount, this seems like a backdoor to get the Amex discount for stays at non-participating properties, like Hyatt Place & Hyatt House.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:16 am
Company Rep - Hyatt Gift Cards & Hyatt Nights

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport
To clarify on the OPEN savings from American Express. Yes, presently purchases of Hyatt Physical (not digital) gift cards and Hyatt Check Certificates do receive OPEN savings. We are rolling out a new purchase platform for our digital and physical gift cards in 1-2 weeks. When this goes live digital cards will then be eligible. We will post here when it is Live. Final disclaimer: The OPEN savings may be discontinued for these types of purchases in 2015.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by samuelk
How does the gift card work in foreign countries? Fees? Exchange rates?
samuelk,

It is important to know that Hyatt Gift Cards are presently accepted in the U.S., Canada and Caribbean at this time. If you are using our products outside these regions you need to purchase Hyatt Check Certificates. When redeemed, they are treated like any other form of foreign currency and subject to the hotels daily exchange rate. The hotel will convert the value of the USD check to the local currency and apply to your guest room.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Last year there was a cap of $2,000 with the discount. Is it the same this year? Does the 10% discount expire on December 31?

Thank you!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by ToddHyattGoldPassport
samuelk,

It is important to know that Hyatt Gift Cards are presently accepted in the U.S., Canada and Caribbean at this time. If you are using our products outside these regions you need to purchase Hyatt Check Certificates. When redeemed, they are treated like any other form of foreign currency and subject to the hotels daily exchange rate. The hotel will convert the value of the USD check to the local currency and apply to your guest room.
Hi Todd, will the gift cards work with properties in Hawaii? Such as the Hyatt regency, Grand Hyatt or Andaz?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:33 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Yes you can use them in Hawaii
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
How does this work in international properties that seem to be charging rates in USD? For example, Andaz Papagayo doesn't show a local rate. Ziva/Zitara in Puerto Vallarta and Cancun default to USD.

Just wondering if these USD nightly rate will get converted to local currency when I check out, which means any Check Certificate will lose some of its value (due to local to USD conversion rates set by the hotel)?

Bostonbali
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by JD623
Last year there was a cap of $2,000 with the discount. Is it the same this year? Does the 10% discount expire on December 31?

Thank you!
The $2000 limit was per card. I bought $10,000 worth last year. It is $10,000 limit this year per transaction. I did a dummy transaction of more than $10,000 this year and it came back $10,000 limit.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:37 am

Is there anywhere in the US the gift cards are not accepted? Such as Residence clubs?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:10 pm

The Paypal system used to process payment is currently down - overwhelmed according to the gift card phone personnel.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by flytoeat
The Paypal system used to process payment is currently down - overwhelmed according to the gift card phone personnel.
Our Payment gateway, PayPal is down unrelated to this promotion. I will let you all know once it's up and running.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bostonbali
How does this work in international properties that seem to be charging rates in USD? For example, Andaz Papagayo doesn't show a local rate. Ziva/Zitara in Puerto Vallarta and Cancun default to USD.

Just wondering if these USD nightly rate will get converted to local currency when I check out, which means any Check Certificate will lose some of its value (due to local to USD conversion rates set by the hotel)?

Bostonbali
I can only speak to Andaz Papagayo where I used several K of check certs for a stay earlier this year. The folio showed the amounts of everything in both USD and CRC, but the USD column was the one actually used for final calculations. To deal with the slight discrepancy in the CRC calculation, there was a line item called "Exchange Rate Differential" which got the CRC calculations to zero out as well. So full credit was given with no loss due to exchange rate conversion (since there was no exchange rate conversion).
Old Nov 4, 2014, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bostonbali
In my experience at Andaz Tokyo, the difference between hotel and bank exchange rate basically canceled out the 10% discount.

Would advise against gift checks for overseas stays unless getting a discount of 15% or better.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:00 am

The gift card payment system is now functional.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.