Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Stewie Mac
FAQ

Do points+cash bookings count toward earning elite status?
Yes. This includes "Diamond Trials" (in which customers with status at another hotel chain attempt to earn a match with Hyatt).

Does the cash portion of points+cash bookings earn points?
Yes, in the same manner as for paid stays.

Do points+cash bookings count toward current Hyatt promotions?
Yes, P+C stays will be treated as paid stays for purposes of bonus promotions.

Can confirmed suite upgrade certificates be used on points+cash bookings?
Yes. Now confirmed by Gold Passport Concierge here

Will points+cash bookings be exempt from resort fees & taxes?
No. P+C bookings will require the member to pay any applicable fees/taxes, just as with paid stays.
Print Wikipost

New Hyatt Gold Passport Features Launching in January 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:03 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
I was pretty excited by My Elite Rate until I combed through the fine print and discovered Limited number of rooms allocated to this promotion..

I was about to bite the bullet and switch my stays to Hyatt... Now I gotta hang around this forum to see how My Elite Rate works and if it is worthwhile before I jump in with both feets...

If only that line did not exist~~
Sounds like "Hot Escapes" at SPG...hope it's much better. But it probably won't beat most corporate rates. Now, if they applied the 20 % on the corporate rates if you work for a certain company AND are a Diamond...THAT would be nice .
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
I was pretty excited by My Elite Rate until I combed through the fine print and discovered Limited number of rooms allocated to this promotion..

If only that line did not exist~~
Exactly and it is 20% of(f) the Hyatt Daily Rate.

As pointed out before, the Hyatt Daily rate is normally subject to the following discounts:

Flash Sales (10-15 times a year) - minus 10-30% (often less in international markets)

AAA (available at many properties most of the time) - minus 10-25% (plus other perks like free breakfast and/or parking)

Costco (almost always available) - 10%

Many, many other discounts are certainly also in the range of 15-20%

Under the bottom line, it will be comparable to the AAA discount.

You will save some $$$, but it is not like Platinum & Diamond members will get anything special.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:01 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Greetings FlyerTalkers,

We are looking forward for our members having different ways to redeem awards. Diamond suite upgrades will be available for the MyElite rate; however, it would not be available for the Points + Cash rate as it is considered an award stay. The MyElite rate & Points + Cash will be valid for stay/night credit at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts excluding all inclusive properties, Hyatt Residence Club, and Mlife properties. The MyElite rate and the Points + Cash option will count towards the Diamond trial offers. Cancellation policies will still apply, and as long as you cancel outside of the policy, all points will be returned. If you cancel inside the policy, the points will be returned but you would be charged per the cancellation policy of the hotel.

Sincerely,

Gold Passport Concierge Team
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Greetings FlyerTalkers,

We are looking forward for our members having different ways to redeem awards. Diamond suite upgrades will be available for the MyElite rate; however, it would not be available for the Points + Cash rate as it is considered an award stay. The MyElite rate & Points + Cash will be valid for stay/night credit at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts excluding all inclusive properties, Hyatt Residence Club, and Mlife properties. The MyElite rate and the Points + Cash option will count towards the Diamond trial offers. Cancellation policies will still apply, and as long as you cancel outside of the policy, all points will be returned. If you cancel inside the policy, the points will be returned but you would be charged per the cancellation policy of the hotel.

Sincerely,

Thank you. That answers the exact question I was about to ask.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
There is some good news here.

The my elite rate I like a lot but as already mention it will depend on availability. It will make a BRG harder to find potentially though.

So now I will wait until jan and change all my current bookings next year to my elite rate if the hotel has the availability.

Shame they won't be available until jan.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Happy to see this and yes, we'll be likely to pay up to stay up. HAH.

I cannot wait to see how the travel hackers start playing this one up.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:39 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Greetings FlyerTalkers,

Sincerely,

Can the my elite rate be used for the 6000 point GP suite upgrades?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:51 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

This is positive news - how good will depend on actual implementation with availability etc.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:55 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Bacopa
Fantastic news and a great way to compete with SPG. I'm curious to know if the cash and points booking count towards the Diamond Challenge. If so, I'm ready to make the switch.
Regretfully and respectfully SPG one of the greatest and inspirational programs ever written in the loyalty universe has lost much of its original supremacy factor
by a lack of creativity and fresh innovation.I'm sure that some folks might debate that easily
There is way too much to cover here but for starters SPG has become more complicated with to many elite tiers, out of control redemption cost increases
for the better premium hotels .
The confirmable suite upgrades are not as good as Hyatt's However the one feather in their cap over Hyatt is SPG suite upgrades can be waitlisted to clear
even if unavailable at time of booking and work like an airline upgrade process.
The SPG program is now better for mileage redemption to select airlines than it is to use frequently and reliably for free night redemption
IMHO that defeats the purpose of a loyalty program when you have overpriced room redemptions and its cheaper to use revenue over points and
redeem points for miles over your own hotel brands & rooms.
SPG also seems out of balance with fuzzy math calculations at many of its hotels when figuring costs of room categories and redemption amounts
While many hotels still treat elites well (all over the map) quite a number have become lax with elite overload
My biggest issue with SPG is the penny pinching with cheap crappy amenities and subpar offerings in their club lounges when they have one at all.
I still have some favorite SPG properties of mine that I stay in but no longer does it make sense to stay loyal as I did in the past decade
when promotions were frequent and exciting and I believed my points had true value for room redemption.
I find more value in SPG not staying in the hotels but using my SPG credit card to earn points and redeem for miles
The Hyatt Visa is in need of fixing as on that note it’s clearly the other way around.
I am loathe to use the Hyatt Visa ever domestically but do internationally where it can make sense

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 18, 2013 at 7:23 pm
Old Nov 18, 2013, 9:01 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Much as I disliked the award devaluation, this can only be considered a positive change overall.
+1 This softens the blow a bit; I guess this is the second half of the inevitable points inflation that we knew would accompany the introduction of the Hyatt credit card. At least there is a second half.

Great news that cash+points counts toward points earning and elite status, too.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I "like" how Hyatt is going to zero out accounts due to inactivity. This change will leave Marriott as the only major chain that does not take away points due to inactivity. The other changes could potentially benefit customers, but it will depend on the details for a specific reservation.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
[B]...

I find more value in SPG not staying in the hotels but using my SPG credit card to earn points and redeem for miles
The Hyatt Visa is in need of fixing as on that note it’s clearly the other way around.
I am loathe to use the Hyatt Visa ever domestically but do internationally
I couldn't agree more with your post 777 global mile hound! As a Canadian who can only get the various other hotel credit cards and NOT the Hyatt one, this had frustrated me especially when Hyatt yet again raised the redemption rates.

However this new points and cash awards will really help, and in fact will actually make the recent increase in redemption rates negligible as I foresee in the future that I will ALWAYS redeem points and add cash for my awards.

It has been a brutal fall, and I thank Hyatt for some great news!:-:
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:48 am

Resort Fees

If in fact points & cash are considered an award stay, will resort fees apply to this redemption.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
Does anyone have any detailed thoughts/opinions on the pros and cons of always using cash & points for a stay as compared to just using solely points?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by musikdude
Does anyone have any detailed thoughts/opinions on the pros and cons of always using cash & points for a stay as compared to just using solely points?
Stay/night credit toward elite status. So far, they haven't announced that using points only will get you stay/night credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.