Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Tier Reciprocity (with MGM Rewards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Reciprocity (with MGM Rewards)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 7:27 am

How long it takes to get Mlife stay credited to HGP? Stayed at NYNY for 4 nights last week and still no update on HGP. I made sure at the time of check in that my Hyatt # is in the reservation. Thanks.
Old May 20, 2016, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by tom911
I was at the Monte Carlo last week, where I checked in at the VIP office, and was told I had an upgraded room (maybe because of the pool view out back).
I've always been given an upgraded room (without asking) at MGM Grand with mLife Gold.
Old May 20, 2016, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just finished a stay at the Luxor. No upgrades at all for M-Life Gold...and the Plat checking in next to me got the same thing.

The worst part is that upgrades were available: it wasn't a sellout situation. I just wanted to get my preferred bed type and was charged an extra $10/day for it. All of the room types were available for sale. I get that Vegas is different when it comes to suites and whatnot (I assume they hold those for people who gamble a lot), but I thought it was rather d*ckish that I got upcharged just to get a king bed.

The Luxor, of course, is a rundown dump. (Sad, because it *could* be super-cool.) But I was there for a conference and didn't have much choice...

For my next trip to Vegas, I'm just going to stay in a Marriott property and get a lyft to wherever my conference is.
Old May 20, 2016, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by anubond005
How long it takes to get Mlife stay credited to HGP? Stayed at NYNY for 4 nights last week and still no update on HGP. I made sure at the time of check in that my Hyatt # is in the reservation. Thanks.
In my only experience this past March, it took 4 weeks of waiting before MLife would inquire for me. My Hyatt points posted about 10 days following this.
Old May 20, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Another reason to get matched: MGM properties just started charging for parking, but if you swipe your Mlife card, you get either self-parking or valet parking for free depending on your status. http://www.mgmresorts.com/parking/
Old May 20, 2016, 5:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by anubond005
How long it takes to get Mlife stay credited to HGP? Stayed at NYNY for 4 nights last week and still no update on HGP.
My three recent stays, all in the same week two weeks back, took 4-6 days to post. They all posted on the same day.

Tom in Melbourne, Australia today
Old May 20, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
I had two stays late April and early May. One stay posted, one did not. Hyatt said to contact Mlife, but Mlife has not responded nor posted the stay. I guess I will continue to badger both.
Old May 20, 2016, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by travelerp
I had two stays late April and early May. One stay posted, one did not. Hyatt said to contact Mlife, but Mlife has not responded nor posted the stay. I guess I will continue to badger both.
My approach is to wait the 30 days after the stay (required by MLife) and the email Mlife per the below with a copy of my folio:

Yes, you can receive credit for past M life-Eligible Stays that began on or after June 20, 2013, provided that you were both an M life member and Hyatt Gold Passport member prior to checkout of that M life-Eligible Stay. Please contact M life Member Services at [email protected] or 866.761.7111 and provide your full name, home address, property visited, dates of stay, M life number and Hyatt Gold Passport membership number.
Old May 21, 2016, 12:49 am

Does anyone know if how many Hyatt night credits I would get if I booked multiple rooms at mlife property? Would I only get credit for one of the rooms or all?
Old May 22, 2016, 9:39 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by myko85
Does anyone know if how many Hyatt night credits I would get if I booked multiple rooms at mlife property? Would I only get credit for one of the rooms or all?
You only get credit for 1 room. Standard GP T&C apply
Old Jun 1, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt, AS
Bumping up from Platinum to Diamond

Hey guys, quick question and apologize if this has possibly been answered in previous posts. I am HGP platinum and was matched to mLife gold. Due to business and leisure taking both my wife and I to Vegas a handful of times this year we are approaching mLife platinum status. Since I matched HGP platinum to mLife gold would I be able to match my soon to be mLife platinum to HGP diamond? Has anyone had this happen to them or know of this occurring? Thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by davidaldrich58
Hey guys, quick question and apologize if this has possibly been answered in previous posts. I am HGP platinum and was matched to mLife gold. Due to business and leisure taking both my wife and I to Vegas a handful of times this year we are approaching mLife platinum status. Since I matched HGP platinum to mLife gold would I be able to match my soon to be mLife platinum to HGP diamond? Has anyone had this happen to them or know of this occurring? Thanks!
Unfortunately, the highest tier MLife to Hyatt status match will get you is Hyatt Platinum.

From a FAQ:
M life Sapphire and Pearl Members will be welcomed to Hyatt Gold Passport membership. M life Gold, Platinum and NOIR members will be eligible to opt-in to Platinum status in the Hyatt Gold Passport program.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by davidaldrich58
No; "matching" goes downward, not upward.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Unfortunately, the highest tier MLife to Hyatt status match will get you is Hyatt Platinum.

From a FAQ:
M life Sapphire and Pearl Members will be welcomed to Hyatt Gold Passport membership. M life Gold, Platinum and NOIR members will be eligible to opt-in to Platinum status in the Hyatt Gold Passport program.
For what it's worth. Some of us NOIR members have been invited to match to Hyatt Diamond. It's a rarity, but it does occur.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I called and the woman said it takes 7-10 days... manual process.. links not working... blah.
Same time quote for me. I've emailed, called, still Sapphire. Ugh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.