Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Siem Reap REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Siem Reap REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by IggySD
The Diamond perks really just consist of breakfast, which is on par with a good lounge breakfast at other Asian properties but pales in comparison to full restaurant options (say PH Saigon or any of the Conrads).
Unless they've recently changed things at PH REP Diamonds were allowed to order anything from the menu without limit in the past... is this no longer the case?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Unless they've recently changed things at PH REP Diamonds were allowed to order anything from the menu without limit in the past... is this no longer the case?
We were there a few months ago and could order whatever we want.
They took great care of us due to special food needs....so, they made things that were not directly off the menu.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:37 am

Programs: Lots
Yes, sorry that is true. There is a menu with such things as waffles, egg dishes and some noodles. I tried the Khmer noodles and thought they were pretty bad. Based on everyone else's love for the breakfast I'm obviously the outlier but it just did not impress me with variety. I don't eat breakfast in the states because I don't like eggs or bread. Normally in Asia I do find breakfast appealing due to the additional options but they were limited here.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:25 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by IggySD
Yes, sorry that is true. There is a menu with such things as waffles, egg dishes and some noodles. I tried the Khmer noodles and thought they were pretty bad. Based on everyone else's love for the breakfast I'm obviously the outlier but it just did not impress me with variety. I don't eat breakfast in the states because I don't like eggs or bread. Normally in Asia I do find breakfast appealing due to the additional options but they were limited here.
I wouldn't say that everybody loves the breakfast. I found it to be the hotel's weakness, and others have commented similarly. Limited selection and generally unimpressive food.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: AA, UA, US Airways, Delta, Hyatt, Club Carlson, Marriott
Just completed a stay. I thought the Diamond Breakfast was pretty good (except for the pancakes which were pretty bad - I think they were fried) - you can order eggs any style or traditional cambodian noodle/congee dishes; they have fresh juices like watermelon, cucumber, and you can juice carrots, cucumbers, apples, celery etc. Not the extensive offerings of some other high end properties in Asia for sure but a nice experience eating with a view of a beautiful little courtyard or on their "swinging bed" tables.

If you stay there, check underneath the cushions on their sofas (we stayed in a suite) - after ending up with bug bites, we did this and there were 4-5 little bugs clinging to the cushions underneath. Killed them and no more bites. They didn't look like bed bugs though, and the bites were like mosquito bites.

Service is very good at the hotel and it's in a great location. Check out my tiny little blog if you want to see some pics of my trip
https://luxepoints.wordpress.com/

Another note - I brought a couple of Hyatt gift cards with me to use and they would not accept them. I did a C+P rate plus 7500 points per night with a DSU.

Last edited by rocksurf; Jul 18, 2016 at 7:53 am
Old Jul 18, 2016, 9:14 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by rocksurf

Another note - I brought a couple of Hyatt gift cards with me to use and they would not accept them. I did a C+P rate plus 7500 points per night with a DSU.
I am assuming that you bought the plastic gift cards, those are not accepted at Hyatt properties outside of North America. The only type that are accepted worldwide are the paper check certificates. However, you could be subject to a less desirable exchange rate at the hotel.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peteropny
I am assuming that you bought the plastic gift cards, those are not accepted at Hyatt properties outside of North America. The only type that are accepted worldwide are the paper check certificates. However, you could be subject to a less desirable exchange rate at the hotel.
PH REP (and most every other establishment in Cambodia) charges in USD.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:14 pm

Good to know they charge in USD! I wasn't aware of that.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:39 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

It doesn't matter what currency they charge in - international properties do not have the capability to verify the amount that the gift card is good for - therefore they are not accepted. Then ignore my comment about exchange rates.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have an upcoming stay in their executive suite with a plunge pool. Are these rooms more likely to have mosquitoes in them because the room entrance is exterior? Is there a risk of mosquitoes in the regular suites? I saw a tripadvisor review that the rooms have a can of bug spray in them.

Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Econ1
I have an upcoming stay in their executive suite with a plunge pool. Are these rooms more likely to have mosquitoes in them because the room entrance is exterior? Is there a risk of mosquitoes in the regular suites? I saw a tripadvisor review that the rooms have a can of bug spray in them.

Thanks!
If you are concerned about mosquitoes to that extent Siem Reap might not be for you.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Agreed!!!

(Why the heck pick Siem Reap of all places to go if concerned about bugs?)
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by Econ1

Thanks!
There are mosquitoes around but we don't find them too big a nuisance. Keep your doors/windows closed and it tends to be ok (also in the executive suites - our favourite). If you spot a few, spray the whole suite liberally before going to dinner and keep do not disturb on.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tasnam
Agreed!!!

(Why the heck pick Siem Reap of all places to go if concerned about bugs?)
Perhaps because I have this odd idea of visiting one of mankind's finest ancient sites while also minimizing my chances of contracting malaria or dengue fever
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by price123
There are mosquitoes around but we don't find them too big a nuisance. Keep your doors/windows closed and it tends to be ok (also in the executive suites - our favourite). If you spot a few, spray the whole suite liberally before going to dinner and keep do not disturb on.
thanks for the tip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.