Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

No Rooms Available for Points? Cash OK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Rooms Available for Points? Cash OK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by robertw477
I found the difference for a Queen room about 30 Euros more than a base room. Since you are a Hyatt expert tell me how many standard rooms this hotel actually has.
Why is that relevant?

The Place Vendome has always played by the rules, despite the fact that they were overwhelmed by tourists on awards who maximized their stay there to the fullest...

I explained a certain opposition by some people within Hyatt against the continuation of FFN already years ago, the negative effects for certain hotels could be witnessed in Paris on Place Vendome thousands of times over the last few years.

They do not have standard rooms available during your stay, so the place is not available. Considering the busy time of the year, I fear that this will not change.

I strongly recommend looking for alternative accomodations. SPG has two 'new' properties in town, so it seems to be a good bet. 30000 SPG points for the W is a steal.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by robertw477
In all of my SPG stays no blackout dates. No problem With Westin Paris or W, or Prince de Galles, Paris. All on "short notice" As a plat I am probably better off there. Maybe I should try now for Part Hyatt Sydney for next yr before all the credit card people try to use their free night :-)
For the record, the Westin was not showing standard room awards for those dates either when I checked earlier this week...
Old Aug 3, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hi robertw477! I was able to obtain your dates of stay, and it is during the start of Paris Fashion Week. During that time, the hotel is very busy, and I show in the hotel inventory, standard rooms are sold out until early October. If you would like me to look at other hotels in the area, or alternate dates, I would still be happy to assist you with this. Thank you for your cooperation and making us aware of this.

Safe travels,

Nick B.
Hi Nick or anyone else who knows the answer,
If I may ask you a quick question regarding staying at a Hyatt property with points. Are standard rooms considered double-occupancy rooms only? We have two adults and two children in our family that wants to stay in the same room with two beds. Is this possible to book with points with the help of a csr? Two-bed rooms cannot be booked with points online for our desired NYC hotel. Thank you.

Last edited by Namaste1; Aug 3, 2013 at 5:19 pm
Old Aug 3, 2013, 7:11 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Namaste1
Hi Nick or anyone else who knows the answer,
If I may ask you a quick question regarding staying at a Hyatt property with points. Are standard rooms considered double-occupancy rooms only? We have two adults and two children in our family that wants to stay in the same room with two beds. Is this possible to book with points with the help of a csr? Two-bed rooms cannot be booked with points online for our desired NYC hotel. Thank you.
I think the problem you are running into is property specific (2 Adults & 2 Children exceed the maximum capacity of the standard entry room at that property). I've been able to book 4 into a standard entry room before (not NYC though). It's also possible that a room with two beds are fully booked for your dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.