Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Anyone had an MLife stay post yet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone had an MLife stay post yet?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2015, 10:45 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I wonder if mLife properties require you to be physically present at check-in? As you know, to earn Hyatt stay credit you must show up in person to check in (i.e. it can't be done over the phone). But if mLife allows stay credit if you check in over the phone, then this might be a nifty way to earn Hyatt points from the comfort of home.

Does anyone know if mLife allows points and stay credit if you are not physically present at checkin?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
ABSOLUTELY!
Excalibur's Tower 2 isn't bad. I don't know if they've gotten Tower I remodeled yet.

While Excalibur's Okay, I'd personally spend a few extra bucks for a room at Mandalay Bay. Sunday night's dirt cheap at Mandalay Bay; if the Monday price bothers you, you could always move to Excalibur on Monday.

As for using points, it's usually not a good use of points for Vegas properties. However, with Mirage's high rates on Sun/Mon night, you could use points to stay there.
I was disappointed with Vdara.
Yeah , no points rooms at the mirage for marathon day ...
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I wonder if mLife properties require you to be physically present at check-in? As you know, to earn Hyatt stay credit you must show up in person to check in (i.e. it can't be done over the phone). But if mLife allows stay credit if you check in over the phone, then this might be a nifty way to earn Hyatt points from the comfort of home.

Does anyone know if mLife allows points and stay credit if you are not physically present at checkin?
They require you to be physically present at checkin. The nice thing about the MLife properties is that you can hotel hop very easily since they're close together.

If one were going there to get the 1 night stay credits, I'd recommend hopping between Excalibur and Luxor; those are usually (not always) the two cheapest MLife properties. However, there are plenty of occasions during the week where other MLife properties such as New York New York, Monte Carlo and MGM are cheaper than the aforementioned two properties.

Sunday through Wednesday night tend to be the cheapest nights, with Thursday nights being somewhere between weeknights and weekend nights in pricing. If weekend nights are expensive, Hyatt Place can be an option along with a couple of Starwood properties - I maintain status with both programs and will use the weekends to get Starwood credits.

Originally Posted by 4aks
Yeah , no points rooms at the mirage for marathon day ...
Then I'd book Mandalay Bay for Sunday night and cab/bus it there after the marathon. It's a much nicer property than the Excalibur.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
After giving a stay at Mandalay Bay 30 days to post to Hyatt and contacting MLIFE because it didn't,I am still without points. MLIFE took 3 weeks to reply and they now say to give it anther 30 days to see points in Hyatt. It's been almost 2 months-this partnership needs serious fine tuning.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by freeflyin
After giving a stay at Mandalay Bay 30 days to post to Hyatt and contacting MLIFE because it didn't,I am still without points. MLIFE took 3 weeks to reply and they now say to give it anther 30 days to see points in Hyatt. It's been almost 2 months-this partnership needs serious fine tuning.
That's an unusually long time for them to respond. I've always had a response within 24 hours. The 'another 30 days for points to post' is standard boilerplate language; the stay should post quickly.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
A stay at the MGM Grand didn't post until I sent a couple of emails. The second one did the trick. I wasn't checking, so I don't know how long it took after I sent it.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
That's an unusually long time for them to respond. I've always had a response within 24 hours. The 'another 30 days for points to post' is standard boilerplate language; the stay should post quickly.
Do you recall the timing of "quickly"? It's been another week and nothing has posted to Hyatt
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by freeflyin
Do you recall the timing of "quickly"? It's been another week and nothing has posted to Hyatt
Within a couple of days.
But I had my MLife and HGP cards linked well in advance of my stays and I make sure that both my MLife and HGP numbers are attached to the stay at both checkin and checkout.

Maybe MLife's gotten backed up processing missing stay claims?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I had a stay at Aria last month that showed up within a few days but I did confirm with the Mlife desk that my Hyatt profile was hooked up correctly.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
UPDATE! I emailed my details and a copy of the Delano bill to the email address listed on the GP website for past Mlife stays that have not posted. Here is the reply I got asking me to send it to another email address. Maybe HY GP should update their information to avoid us having to send it twice.

I wonder if the problem getting credit is with stays booked on the Hyatt website.

FYI, I got an automatic reply after I sent the details saying it would take 3-5 weeks to receive credit....much different than the 72 hours mentioned in the below reply!

Dear Mr. christianj,

Thank you for contacting M life Member Services. If you do not present your M life card at the time of purchase you can still request that those points be added. Please be advised of the following:

Receipts must be no older than 30 days with a minimum total value of $50
Tier Credit adjustment requests for cash transactions MUST include the original receipt
A scanned copy will be accepted for receipts that were paid by credit card
Complimentary payments do not qualify for Tier Credits

To request a Tier Credit adjustment, receipts can be emailed to: [email protected] . On the receipt, please provide your full name, M life account number, resort name, and contact information. Please allow up to 72 hours after we receive the request for the adjustment to post to your M life account. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by christianj
UPDATE! I emailed my details and a copy of the Delano bill to the email address listed on the GP website for past Mlife stays that have not posted. Here is the reply I got asking me to send it to another email address. Maybe HY GP should update their information to avoid us having to send it twice.

I wonder if the problem getting credit is with stays booked on the Hyatt website.

FYI, I got an automatic reply after I sent the details saying it would take 3-5 weeks to receive credit....much different than the 72 hours mentioned in the below reply!

Dear Mr. christianj,

Thank you for contacting M life Member Services. If you do not present your M life card at the time of purchase you can still request that those points be added. Please be advised of the following:

Tier Credit adjustment requests for cash transactions MUST include the original receipt

To request a Tier Credit adjustment, receipts can be emailed to: [email protected] . On the receipt, please provide your full name, M life account number, resort name, and contact information. Please allow up to 72 hours after we receive the request for the adjustment to post to your M life account. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
That appears to be for MLife credit. I was writing about Hyatt points credit, as I believe most here were (given that this is the Hyatt forum).

I know my requests were sent well over 1 month after the stay, and I still got Hyatt credit.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:59 am

Dear Mr. christianj,

Best regards,

Christian, you should have sent your stay information to the email that I posted above. The problem is NOT on Hyatt's end, it's on MLife's end. And Hyatt will not issue points/stay/night credit for MLife stays that have not been received from MLife - in other words, you can't send your MLife receipt directly to HGP.

Go back and read my post where I gave the correct MLife email address and follow my instructions from that post.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by sethb
That appears to be for MLife credit. I was writing about Hyatt points credit, as I believe most here were (given that this is the Hyatt forum).

I know my requests were sent well over 1 month after the stay, and I still got Hyatt credit.
You have to get MLife to credit your stay to their system so that Hyatt credits it to you HGP account.

Christian, you should have sent your stay information to the email that I posted above. The problem is NOT on Hyatt's end, it's on MLife's end. And Hyatt will not issue points/stay/night credit for MLife stays that have not been received from MLife - in other words, you can't send your MLife receipt directly to HGP.

Go back and read my post where I gave the correct MLife email address and follow my instructions from that post.
ifyjetz......I did send my folio to the [email protected] email address you referenced above! I got the response I posted above in red from them (Member Services at MGM Resorts) to send the details to a different address. I NEVER sent my MLife receipt to HGP just to clarify!

Last edited by christianj; Sep 2, 2015 at 10:36 am
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:34 pm

ifyjetz......I did send my folio to the [email protected] email address you referenced above! I got the response I posted above in red from them (Member Services at MGM Resorts) to send the details to a different address. I NEVER sent my MLife receipt to HGP just to clarify!
OK, gotcha. From reading your post, it sounded like you contacted HGP. At this point, you're probably best off talking to someone on the phone because things are getting pretty FUBAR'd. I think I've used the MGM Grand General Inquiries number, 877.880.0880.

You can try calling Delano's number, but I suspect they'll have you call the MGM Grand number, as they seem to be the point of contact for HGP issues.

Whoever sent you that email is thinking you're looking for MLife credits, not HGP credits.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Southwest RR
I stayed at The Mirage August 20-24 and my points have already posted. I did speak to an mLife rep though to ensure I received the points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.