Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"You are invited"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
"Gambling" isn't an option on my profile, but I was hoping to see "Overwater Bungalows" listed there...
Hilarious!! Do they have a write in section?
Old Jul 4, 2013, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ainternational
Hilarious!! Do they have a write in section?
So people can disclose that their hobbies are anything expensive that's comped?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 7:52 pm

MGM Party

For those lucky 100 invited to the MGM party last Thursday and Friday, please give us a quick report on the the fun time had by all. Weather report not needed!!
Thanks, Bob
Old Jul 22, 2013, 6:19 am

It appears that a number of travel bloggers were among the invitees (including some who had previously received the 50,000 UA miles gift from Hyatt) and they have posted their impressions on their blog sites.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 6:40 am

Bloggers

Could you Shed some info on the bloggers and how to reach
Them.
Thanks, bob
Old Jul 22, 2013, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by bob95409
Could you Shed some info on the bloggers and how to reach
Them.
Thanks, bob
I'm not sure about FT rules on this since they are mostly on a competing site. Perhaps others more knowledgable can weigh in.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Mansion was enjoyable experience. Inside the Mansion at MGM Grand Las Vegas http://boardingarea.com/loyaltytrave....Jgy53mLK.dpbs

Hotel was less enjoyable.
http://boardingarea.com/loyaltytrave....NAKYS1rN.dpbs

Heat was unbearable.

Friday night was lightning storm and deluge with record rainfall for date.

THEhotel where we stayed the night before the launch event was far nicer room.

http://boardingarea.com/loyaltytrave....UWC9ovKd.dpbs
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:07 am

And there were some others in attendance, including a "Mommy" who blogs about points.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:36 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

The event in the Mansions was great - certainly a place I had never been before (and will likely never be at again). Lots of natural light, large open spaces, quiet, calm, very un-Vegas-like.

There were hot rock candy covered foie gras lollypops, seafood towers, meats, cheeses, juices, champagne, etc. They kind of let you have the run of the common areas for the Mansions. Lots of folks from Hyatt and M Life in attendance that seemed genuinely excited about the partnership and were more than happy to chat.

Using the VIP lounge and getting some M Life/Hyatt branded chocolates sent to the room was also cool.

I hadn't stayed at the MGM Grand since the renovation, so glad to see it looking more up-to-date in the rooms. The sound-proofing from the hallways is still non-existent, but we liked the room otherwise. The bed, air conditioning, and blackout curtains were very good - which is all that really matters to me in Vegas. Of course the hotel is massive, but we did enjoy some of the restaurants like Shibuya. Ka was also really good - though a bit sad in light of the recent tragedy. I had seen it before and the ending is noticeably different now, but understandable given the circumstances....

Getting Noir status was obviously a big perk of the weekend, and it was fun to swap stories with other Hyatt junkies there to see what it had gotten them around town. I think there needs to be a thread about that on FT for sure as more Hyatt elites get pretty good M Life status. I really think even M Life Platinum (matched from Hyatt Diamond) is going to be very useful - above and beyond what is listed on the official website.

All in all a great weekend. It was awesome catching up with some I'd met at other Flyertalk and Milepoint events.

If you want more info or pictures, here are a few posts I have written about the weekend:

MGM rooms:
http://boardingarea.com/mommypoints/...the-mgm-grand/

M Life/Hyatt event:
http://boardingarea.com/mommypoints/...-at-mgm-grand/

Using M Life status:
http://boardingarea.com/mommypoints/...-you-in-vegas/
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
I am sorry I couldn't go. :-( It just didn't fit my schedule.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:38 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
The events of the weekend were all great and planned very well!

Spending time in the Mansion was truly a unique experience that not many people get to enjoy. The MGM employees kept commenting that in 10 years they have never even had the chance to visit.

The other weekend activities were also great, with great tickets to see Ka. Overall, getting some of the benefits of MGM Noir was quite nice, including the airport transfers, and taxi/buffet line cutting. When the strip flooded on Friday night, cutting the 45 minute taxi line was great.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 12:08 pm
KKR
Formerly known as kkr

Programs: AA EXP, VX Gold, SPG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Unfortunately, most of the "real" NOIR benefits require a host to utilize. I don't gamble enough to have one. But the "normal" benefits are good enough to make me stay at MGM properties every time I go to Vegas.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JetAway
And there were some others in attendance, including a "Mommy" who blogs about points.
That blogger also received the 50,000 UA miles.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Now Hyatt is pandering to a bunch of bloggers? How pathetic. I, for one, have never and will never read one of your ridiculous blogs where you simply regurgitate information gleaned from here.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:27 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
Now Hyatt is pandering to a bunch of bloggers? How pathetic. I, for one, have never and will never read one of your ridiculous blogs where you simply regurgitate information gleaned from here.
Out of the 100 guests invited, (who were allowed to bring a guest) only 8 were bloggers. It was not an event to cater to bloggers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.