Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Stay Certificates - multiple bookings for same hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK *Gold / BA Gold / EZY Plus!

Hi all

I've been looking a booking the Grand Hyatt New York in December and have checked the availability which is good for each night I want if I try to book one night at a time - however if I select multiple nights and change the code to reflect the number of nights I'm staying the availability suddenly disappears.

Can you book each night individually and when you check in then stay for the whole duration of all the other separate one night bookings or do you have to check out each day and re-check in again?

Cheers!

Jamo
Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Before you go, give Hyatt GoldPassport CS a call, and they'll combine the multiple one-night stays into a single multi-night reservation. The same can be done at check-in at the hotel, but it will save you a minute or two at check-in if Hyatt's telephone CS has taken care of it beforehand.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK *Gold / BA Gold / EZY Plus!
Thanks for the info.

Managed to book it in 3 blocks for the 5 nights in the same room category. Will ring them and get it sorted as one now.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by jamojdm
Thanks for the info.

Managed to book it in 3 blocks for the 5 nights in the same room category. Will ring them and get it sorted as one now.
I have found the Hyatt res centers to be very good at this, while individual hotels have been clueless at check-in, even when a comment is entered on the res. Highly recommend giving Hyatt a call to combine the reservations beforehand.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 2:52 pm

You're talking to combine the 2 free 1 night stay certs correct? I'm looking to do this in the near future and wouldn't mind pointers. So basically I book a 1 night, a 1 night, then the rest of the vacation and then call into Hyatt res center and have them combine it and it'll be good?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by nrdk
You're talking to combine the 2 free 1 night stay certs correct? I'm looking to do this in the near future and wouldn't mind pointers. So basically I book a 1 night, a 1 night, then the rest of the vacation and then call into Hyatt res center and have them combine it and it'll be good?
Yes, that works fine. Note that unless something has changed from last year, while reservations using the certs can be booked online, they cannot be changed or cancelled online, you have to call to do that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.