Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by synzero
I stayed at this PH Busan a couple years ago and we enjoyed the room a great deal, it's an elegant hotel. However I have to say the room service food quality was poor, at least for Korean food. We did get a couple of non-Korean "snack" options which were quite good, but the Korean food was sub-par. We weren't Globalists at the time so didn't try the breakfast but I am not surprised if the breakfast food wasn't great.

As Explorists we were upgraded to a nice corner room with great views. But if you stay here it's much better to eat outside the hotel; plenty of great food in Busan itself all around the hotel.
The paid Western food options might be some of the best in Busan. I think paid Korean food has improved since a few years ago but the breakfast has definitely declined.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

They finally brought back ordering made to order eggs and savories. Koreans must have complained of the powdered eggs and French Toasts wasting away in Staubs. Double up for Western sized portions.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by seigex
Looking to stay in Busan for 2 nights 3 days in the middle of an upcoming Seoul trip. I'd love to take advantage of my globalist at least for a couple nights on this trip. The room comes out to around $540 for a 2-night stay. Is this worth it for this hotel? How's the location? Are upgrades easy to get upon check-on for someone with no remaining DSUs? There are probably cheaper options with Marriot, but Marriott upgrades almost always seem non-existent on check-in, or to a "jr suite", which isn't a suite at all.
Did you complete your stay yet? Also curious about the upgrades or if we should apply an upgrade.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Did you complete your stay yet? Also curious about the upgrades or if we should apply an upgrade.
Unfortunately no, I was supposed to be there in a week and a half, but got COVID last week, so I don't want to risk a positive PCR on arrival, so heading to Thailand now instead.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Depends when you’re going between weekday or weekend but this property will always try to put you into the Family suites at the very least. Weekends see over 90% occupancy rates and suites are harder to come by.

Use a spare TSU for the Executive Oceanview marina suite. The views are quite special and worth using a TSU.
cruisingmickey likes this.

Last edited by Aventine; Jun 21, 2022 at 8:21 am
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seigex
There are probably cheaper options with Marriot, but Marriott upgrades almost always seem non-existent on check-in, or to a "jr suite", which isn't a suite at all.
The Westin isn't always cheaper and the rooms look like the 90s happened again. Fairfield is cheaper but a totally different stay experience.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Depends when you’re going between weekday or weekend but this property will always try to put you into the Family suites at the very least. Weekends see over 90% occupancy rates and suites are harder to come by.

Use a spare TSU for the Executive Oceanview marina suite. The views are quite special and worth using a TSU.
Thank you Aventine for always being so helpful, esp with Seoul related questions. I'm going to be there a weekday so it hopefully that will work in my favor. I do have a spare TSU, but it says the executive oceanview marina is a premium suite? I'm not sure if the TSU will work for that?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thank you Aventine for always being so helpful, esp with Seoul related questions. I'm going to be there a weekday so it hopefully that will work in my favor. I do have a spare TSU, but it says the executive oceanview marina is a premium suite? I'm not sure if the TSU will work for that?
Apply one to get a suite guaranteed then kindly ask for the Marina Executive suite via email to the GM, Simon Graf. A weekday they would more likely give it to you as a Globalist. The Park executive Family suite is also a TSU option and comes with an oceanview bedroom. You just lose the Marina Living room views and oceanview bathtub.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hotel is pretty packed for the Korean vacation period. Suites probably can’t be had without using SUA or buying them outright.

Breakfast still in the lower end range of PH breakfasts.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Delta, Bonvoy, Hilton, BA, United
Hotel is pretty packed for the Korean vacation period. Suites probably can’t be had without using SUA or buying them outright.

Breakfast still in the lower end range of PH breakfasts.
I had a weekend stay here in late October. Used a SUA for an upgrade to a family executive suite with a great view of the harbor and the bridge. I would agree with Aventine regarding the breakfast. I thought the breakfast at the Andaz Seoul was better than here. I did still enjoy the breakfast though. Just as a note, I was told to take breakfast in the "Dining Room" restaurant (or whichever the upper level one is), though it looked like the "Living Room" restaurant was also doing buffet breakfast. No idea if there was a difference in the offerings, but just throwing that out there.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by falcon9xr
I had a weekend stay here in late October. Used a SUA for an upgrade to a family executive suite with a great view of the harbor and the bridge. I would agree with Aventine regarding the breakfast. I thought the breakfast at the Andaz Seoul was better than here. I did still enjoy the breakfast though. Just as a note, I was told to take breakfast in the "Dining Room" restaurant (or whichever the upper level one is), though it looked like the "Living Room" restaurant was also doing buffet breakfast. No idea if there was a difference in the offerings, but just throwing that out there.
The Dining Room is for Hyatt elites and I believe the difference is the Dining Room has the small a la carte menu. They use the Living Room for OTA bookings.
falcon9xr likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Pretty blunt to state on the app that Globalists won't be able to ask for this xx01 suite anymore.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
I'm looking to stay in the first week of May (weekdays, Mon-Thurs) with 3 total people, and noticed the Park Family Suite is only ~$40 more expensive than the base king room per night.

Crossing my fingers for the Executive Marina upgrade regardless, but reckon it's worth booking the Park Family Suite now over the base King room to guarantee more space? Not sure if Golden Weekers in Japan would come to Busan, or if occupancy by other Koreans would be high given the public holiday later that week (think Children's Day starts on Friday) and I guess others would put in PTO for the days leading up to it.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fluff Ermine
I'm looking to stay in the first week of May (weekdays, Mon-Thurs) with 3 total people, and noticed the Park Family Suite is only ~$40 more expensive than the base king room per night.

Crossing my fingers for the Executive Marina upgrade regardless, but reckon it's worth booking the Park Family Suite now over the base King room to guarantee more space? Not sure if Golden Weekers in Japan would come to Busan, or if occupancy by other Koreans would be high given the public holiday later that week (think Children's Day starts on Friday) and I guess others would put in PTO for the days leading up to it.
Booking the Park Family suite is way better than a King Room and gives more leverage for a further upgrade. I would definitely ask the GM for the Executive Marina suite since it's probably your first time and a special trip to Busan.
Fluff Ermine likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 1:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Booking the Park Family suite is way better than a King Room and gives more leverage for a further upgrade. I would definitely ask the GM for the Executive Marina suite since it's probably your first time and a special trip to Busan.
Thanks Aventine, great advice as always. Been to Seoul more times than I can count but Busan will be new to me. Looking forward to all that spicy seafood in a couple of months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.