Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Martinez (Unbound Collection) Cannes, France REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Martinez (Unbound Collection) Cannes, France REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:35 pm
Community Director Emerita

Thank you. That is wonderfully helpful.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Oh my. Bravo, Hyatt. Thank you, scouts. To bucket list.

Found this...

http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...otel-martinez/

...A pretty thorough report with photos by Lucky/Ben. Again, oh my.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Eurobonus Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks for the great information. Quick question. Do they have tea/coffee making facilities in the room? We will have a toddler in tow and need to warm up milk!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 5:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
No tea and coffee making facilities in the room. However, they are very helpful so if you explain what you need I am sure they will help.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: SPG PLAT/Delta PM/Marriot Gold
Was just looking for reviews of this hotel. Thanks for posting.. I have no status with Hyatt right now and I do not believe its worth the value to use points for a suite a only get a JR Suite with possibly NO view..
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
No tea and coffee making facilities in the room. However, they are very helpful so if you explain what you need I am sure they will help.
I'm sure they will 'help' but it all depends at what price! I do not wish to pay 10 euros for some warm milk!

Last edited by waribai; Apr 10, 2014 at 3:23 pm
Old Apr 10, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: FB Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by waribai
I'm sure they will 'help' but it all depends at what price! I do not wish to pay 10 euros for some warm milk!
What exactly do you need ? Just hot (boiling) water?
The best way is to ask the hotel directly.

We recently stayed in a Jr. Suite at this hotel, and there was no tea/coffee making facility…
but when we asked, they brought a Lavazza espresso machine & capsules, tea/coffee cups, sugar and some tea bags.
(We bought individual coffee milk packs at the nearby mini-market.)

They were replenished every day and it was free of charge.
I don't know if it's because we stayed in a Jr. Suite as Diamonds
or if it was free to any guests.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 5:25 pm

Thanks for this info. Useful to know. The espresso machine would be good! We are also Diamond. Was the junior suite the most that was offered to you. Do you think there would be any mielage in asking for a seaview suite?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:36 am

Thanks for this info. Useful to know. The espresso machine would be good! We are also Diamond. Was the junior suite the most that was offered to you. Do you think there would be any mielage in asking for a seaview suite?
We used a Diamond Suite upgrade certificate and knew that Jr. Suite (yes, basically a "bigger room") was the standard category used for such upgrades at this property.
I read somewhere that some Diamonds got these Jr. Suites as complimentary Diamond upgrade (without certificate/points),
but we did not want to take a risk of being put in a regular room.

We did not ask if further upgrade was possible because we wanted a terrace. (Sea view Suite has only a French balcony)
One of us is a smoker, and although we got a Smoking suite, it was nice to step out on the terrace to have a cigarette or two, not to bother the other.
We stayed for 6 nights, so it was probably difficult to get a last-minute spectacular upgrade, anyway.
It was still off-season and the hotel was mostly calm, but one day there was a big (& LOUD!) group of tourists.
Though not oceanfront and not extremely large, our terrace had a partial sea view and lots of plants to get some private feel.
I'll try to post some photos later.

...But who knows !?
You can check with the hotel if you could get a Suite with a separate bedroom because you are traveling with a toddler,
and see what they say.
Sometimes French can be quite nice and generous with people traveling with children
Good luck !!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 3:21 am

Thanks. This is really useful information. Just got a reply from the hotel actually saying, we'll do our best to give you a nice room. I guess a generic reply which covers them. I'll ask for the seaview suite and see where we get! If you did have photos of the junior suite that would be really good. There don't seem to be many around!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:15 am

OK, here are some pictures of one of the Jr. Suites.
Walls, curtains and most of the interior furniture seemed rather new,
but the closets and the bathroom showed some wear and are in need of renovation.

Bed: minibar (it did not cool well) is hidden in the built-in closet.

Sitting area: We chose 1000 points as Diamond amenity. There were a bottle of red wine and 3 Granny Smith apples in the room.
Upon request, a Lavazza espresso machine & 8~10 capsules (replenished daily) were provided (complimentary)

Sitting area: TV

Sitting area

Desk: WiFi worked rather well (though not extremely fast)

Bathroom: double-sink (not on the photo), very weak water pressure in bathtub & shower (it takes ages to get the tub filled)

Shower: Rainforest & jets & handshower (in the morning it takes several minutes to get hot water)

Terrace: 2 chaises-longues (nice but they don't recline full-flat) & side table/2 chairs & coffee table/1 round table (needs to be repainted!!) & 4 dining chairs. (I could not put them all in one photo)
Honestly I don't think we need that much furniture

"Partial" sea view from the terrace

7F floor plan

7F floor plan (west wing)
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:59 pm

Thanks,

I guess your photos didn't upload I can't see anything....
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:48 pm

Thanks,

I guess your photos didn't upload I can't see anything....
Ooops…. you should be able to view the photos now.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:33 pm

Thanks for the photos. Those are really good. Just a case of where to put the cot now. Shame they don't provide a divider in the room betwen the bedroom and sitting area.
Actually contacted the hotel via email and asked about getting a seaview suite instead and they very politely told me where to go...
No worries, I'm sure we'll have a great time!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:58 am

Thanks for the photos. Those are really good. Just a case of where to put the cot now. Shame they don't provide a divider in the room betwen the bedroom and sitting area.
Actually contacted the hotel via email and asked about getting a seaview suite instead and they very politely told me where to go...
No worries, I'm sure we'll have a great time!
Of course, it would be nicer to have a "real" suite with a separate bedroom,
but when the space is limited (50 sqm), the column divider (as in our room) was still a good compromise.

On their website, there is a photo of a Jr. Suite with a different layout,
and it seems easier to move around the furniture to make room for the cot.

Bon voyage!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.