Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Loyalty is Golden: Adventures with Freddie (Part II)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:16 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Dear FlyerTalkers,

Leading up to this year’s Freddie Awards, Hyatt Gold Passport Senior Vice President Jeff Zidell spent some quality time with previous Freddies, enjoying the benefits of Hyatt Gold Passport membership at several Hyatt hotels in Chicago. At that time, we assured you of one truth: no one loves a Freddie more than Jeff.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...f-freddie.html

Fittingly, no one could have been prouder to bring home four new Freddies – Best Hotel Elite Program for The Americas, as well as Best Hotel Elite Program, Best Hotel Customer Service and Best Hotel Redemption Ability for Middle East/Asia/Oceania – from the 25th annual Freddie Awards ceremony held on April 25. Visit our blog, Keyed Into Hyatt, to find out where Jeff and his new pals landed on their first trip together.

http://blog.hyatt.com/hyattblog/2013...embersaro.html

A heartfelt “thanks for voting” from all of us here at Hyatt Gold Passport (especially Jeff and Freddie).

Happy travels!
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Congrats.

Glad Jeff loves Freddie.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 6:40 am

If Hyatt had won every category in which I'd voted for them, it'd have been a near "sweep". Congratulations on the four Freddies!
Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Congrats.

Glad Jeff loves Freddie.
....and Freddie loves Jeff.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
....and Freddie loves Jeff.
And what for is the Freddy? Aren't there "better" programs around?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
And what for is the Freddy? Aren't there "better" programs around?
http://bit.ly/13DLPBc

"Better" is a judgement that could vary significantly by the beholder... one of the premier industry awards voted Hyatt top in said categories...
Old Apr 28, 2013, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Hyatt program is on my list to shut down the loyalty because it doesn't pay for me to stay at HYatt hotels. Fair enough?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 8:04 am

Hyatt program is on my list to shut down the loyalty because it doesn't pay for me to stay at HYatt hotels. Fair enough?
That being the case, is there a special reason you've started to post frequently on the Hyatt board?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
The more Freddies that Hyatt wins, the worse our benefits will be.

Might as well give them best credit card. That's really all they care about.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 4:02 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
There are two components of Goldpassport which are great

Many loyalty programmes decrease the perks and services for their members. I am convonced that this is indeed the false way to increase loyalty - especially if you look at the complimentary continental breakfast and/or Gold passport floor which Hyatt hotels had during the 90s and the beginning of the century. But now and until the mid of the year 2013 the bean counters are everywhere and every hotel chain/airlines reduces services.

Therefore if you compare the today´s Gold Passport with the past it is *really*worse. But if you compare it with the competitors of today it´s much better.

There are two good deals within the programme:

1.) First one is the 6,000 points upselling to a suite for up to 4 nights.
2.) Secondly the 3,000 points Regency/Grand Club upselling is a kind of ever-revolving-benefit if you look on the calculation chart.

Therefore the advantages for base members are higher than at Hilton or so. The buildings/real estates of Hyatt are more modern than at many other hotel chains.

Maybe your perception of a decreasing value may be partly based on the natural "wear off" of those benefits: Time by time they will be part of your normal travel patterns and you think this benefits are usual and normal.

So I am convinced Gold Passport is not so bad as you state.

My major criticism on Hyatt would be that some European properties have increased the rates vastly. But that´s part of a pricing and not a loyalty strategy.

If you look at Hamburg, Germany, a rate during the week of 270 Euro (off-peak in June) for the tiny 32 square meter "park room" or for 460 Euro per night for a peak weekend (Jul 5th/Jul 6th, 2013) seems to be ridicoulous.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by gum
My major criticism on Hyatt would be that some European properties have increased the rates vastly. But that´s part of a pricing and not a loyalty strategy.
Most of the properties I stay at have increased, as well, here in the states. I recall sending a "heads up" email to my boss late last this year that corporate rates on the east and west coast Hyatts were up 20-30% on the hotels I frequently staying at. This is mimicked in the HDR as well. In short, I think the overall hotel market is getting better and thus they're able to increase prices because demand is higher. Likewise, they're able to decrease promotions (free points for all!!) as its not needed to drive sales. I dont believe this is a Hyatt thing as much as an industry thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.