Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Courtesy Card Invitations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Hyatt Courtesy Card Invitations

Folks...

I was recently invited to join the Courtesy Card program which is effective March 1st 2013 for a one year period, like all elite status tiers. Searching through some old threads on the topic, it seems that Hyatt may have stopped issuing the cards for some period of time, although obviously seems to be doing so again.

Curious if anyone with past CC status still has it / was renewed this year, and/or if any of you Diamonds were invited as well?

FWIW, I am not in a position to influence significant travel spend on behalf of a large corporation to Hyatt, nor do I book conventions / events. I do, however, have an average nightly spend of over $600 USD, in almost all cases at international properties.

I am also curious about recent (2012+) experiences with benefits, internationally and domestic. I have already confirmed that confirmed upgrades to any suite at the time of booking is not possible through the CC reservations / customer service number without an upgrade instrument (e.g. Diamond Upgrade Cert or points) - despite what was conflicting feedback on the topic in an old thread.

I will share my own experiences throughout this year for anyone who is interested to learn more.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:47 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I was just invited. I spent about 130 paid nights last year probably averaging $250- 300 a night. First time for me also.
I was also advised to use a suite upgrade if I wanted to be sure of a suite.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by mmgm
I was just invited. I spent about 130 paid nights last year probably averaging $250- 300 a night. First time for me also.
I was also advised to use a suite upgrade if I wanted to be sure of a suite.
I'm curious, were your stays mostly at one property, or scattered? There were quite a few suggestions that there was a hotel management sponsored nomination process in old threads, but conflicting opinions on the matter.

I stayed <100 nights, but about 80% at one specific property.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Congratulations to both of you: "ainternational" and "mmgm" and to the few others that will soon be posting....
Old Feb 22, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
I was recently invited as well (105 nights last year, plus 10 from the credit card). A little over half of my nights were at the PH Washington, with quite a few stays at various international PHs in addition to that.

The staff at the PH DC did congratulate me, but frankly they have given me Courtesy Card like treatment for a while now! They said that nominations were made by the "corporate executive team" and that they had no part in the nomination process.

At any rate, very appreciative of the gesture.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by sensei
I was recently invited as well (105 nights last year, plus 10 from the credit card). A little over half of my nights were at the PH Washington, with quite a few stays at various international PHs in addition to that.

The staff at the PH DC did congratulate me, but frankly they have given me Courtesy Card like treatment for a while now! They said that nominations were made by the "corporate executive team" and that they had no part in the nomination process.

At any rate, very appreciative of the gesture.
Congratulations.
Please explain how you got "plus 10 from the credit card".
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by suite2suite
Congratulations.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-features.html

I'm curious to know if anyone will ever attain 375 nights in a year...
Old Feb 22, 2013, 5:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Originally Posted by ainternational
I'm curious, were your stays mostly at one property, or scattered? There were quite a few suggestions that there was a hotel management sponsored nomination process in old threads, but conflicting opinions on the matter.

I stayed <100 nights, but about 80% at one specific property.
About 1/3 in Waikiki and the rest scattered.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by suite2suite
Congratulations.
I just figured it out. 40k+ on the cc
Old Feb 23, 2013, 7:44 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Pure speculation on my part but based on the few data points here, my guess is that the CC invitations are based on revenue, maybe $25-30k, making it kind of an officially unpublished tier.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
Pure speculation on my part but based on the few data points here, my guess is that the CC invitations are based on revenue, maybe $25-30k, making it kind of an officially unpublished tier.
Possible, but there may be more to it than that. My spend has been north of that since 2009 and I was only invited this year.. I still would surmise individual property management may play a role, but one can't be sure.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by ainternational
I have already confirmed that confirmed upgrades to any suite at the time of booking is not possible through the CC reservations / customer service number without an upgrade instrument (e.g. Diamond Upgrade Cert or points) - despite what was conflicting feedback on the topic in an old thread.
Courtesy Card status guarantees suite accommodations over 90% of the time despite T&C saying that upgrades are done at check-in. Congratulations and enjoy!
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:30 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Nice to have Hyatt roll this out again - always hoped they might throw one my way, but hey I don't spend enough time/money out there!

Enjoy guys and please update the review threads if you have a moment. We'd love to know what you get!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt CC, Delta DM, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
Suite upgrades are not confirmed at reservation without a suite upgrade certificate. But, the only time that you really run the risk of not being upgraded is during high demand events like an Olympics.

Often a hotel will block you into a suite in advance of check-in. Sometimes well in advance. You can tell when this happens because you will get an email saying that your reservation has changed (without your knowledge). If you have a special occasion, I would suggest calling the hotel's VIP manager or front desk manager and making them aware of your circumstance. They will be more than eager to make you happy

Enjoy!!!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
How does this status show up when you log into Gold Passport? Does it include some secret content explaining what Courtesy Card status entails?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.