Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Vote Gold: Adventures of Jeff & Freddie

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:08 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

No one loves a Freddie more than Hyatt Gold Passport Vice President Jeff Zidell. In fact, leading up to this year’s Freddie Awards – awards recognizing the most preferred travel loyalty programs worldwide – Jeff spent some quality time with his Freddies in his hometown of Chicago. Take a look at how these “besties” spent their day enjoying the benefits of Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond membership.

http://bit.ly/ZaoW6j

To ensure the adventures of Jeff and Freddie continue, Vote Gold today in the 2013 Freddie Awards: http://vote.freddieawards.com.

Safe travels!
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Hyatt is going to struggle to win the Freddies in the ways it has in the past.

Hyatt GP is still a decent program but I'm not sure it's exceeding expectations for customers in the way the program used to do and which earned it Freddies.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
No one loves a Freddie more than Hyatt Gold Passport Vice President Jeff Zidell. In fact, leading up to this year’s Freddie Awards – awards recognizing the most preferred travel loyalty programs worldwide – Jeff spent some quality time with his Freddies in his hometown of Chicago. Take a look at how these “besties” spent their day enjoying the benefits of Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond membership.

http://bit.ly/ZaoW6j

To ensure the adventures of Jeff and Freddie continue, Vote Gold today in the 2013 Freddie Awards: http://vote.freddieawards.com.

Safe travels!
Where to begin.....

Lack of a decent promotion for well over a year
Elimination of g bonuses
STILL can't use diamond upgrades for a reward stay
Reward stays STILL don't count towards qualification

Good luck, you'll need it
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Hyatt is going to struggle to win the Freddies in the ways it has in the past.

Hyatt GP is still a decent program but I'm not sure it's exceeding expectations for customers in the way the program used to do and which earned it Freddies.
Hyatt is not a decent program and has made the world much easier for its competitors.

If there was a way of voting against the program I would be first in line.
Mr Zidell has treated Hyatt customers with complete disdain since he took over.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by boar
Hyatt is not a decent program and has made the world much easier for its competitors.

That's a very unfair comment to Mr. Zidell.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
Not quite what you are looking for but:

If you vote for one program only (Single shot vote)

Voting for only one program increases the likelihood of your preferred program winning, by not giving your second or additional votes to other programs.

In an election
  1. Each voter gets two votes for State Representative, but is not required to use both votes.
  2. If some voters use only one of their votes, then the candidate receiving those single votes receives a larger proportion of all the votes cast.
  3. This candidate would then have a better chance at winning.

TW
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
If there was a way to vote against a program, MR will win hands down at this moment. I may not be 100% happy with HGP but I would be alot more unhappy with MR (-100%). I wouldn't call the current HGP promo useless as I think there can be lots to gain if you PLAY the game right. Is not for everyone but for us whose travel is paid for by their employer and where there are multiple Hyatts at your location of work, it can be a good deal (i.e., possible 99K bonus points).

It may be an eye opener for anyone who detest HGP to read the MR forum. Just a suggestion.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Not any longer

I voted for GP in the past. We are seeing the program losing the things that made it #1 . No vote from me.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Were they ever #1? I don't think so. I thought it has gone to other programs in the past. HGP base is much smaller than the other big players hence it makes it diffcult to win top honors in anything.

Jeff will be happy with 2 or 3.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
So that article implies that he checked into a suite with a PIANO (& a pool table!) using his diamond suite upgrade. Now since no Hyatt I know of will upgrade you to a suite like that after using the suite upgrade certificate, I consider that to be false advertising.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
not sure why Jeff or hyatt believes they deserve this award?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
I really wonder how much weight loyalty programs should put into the Freddies. I vote every year, and although I am unhappy with the recent changes in the Hyatt Gold Passport program, I at least like it more then the Marriott program.

What does top level at Marriott get you? Not much in my opinion and yet Marriott has picked up many awards over the years.

Yes I will vote, I just wish Hyatt gave me a little more reason to vote for them.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum

I don't agree with that assessment. Some of the new benefits under Mr. Zidell:

- full breakfast
- confirmed suite upgrades
- 4PM checkout
- turndown service
- 48 hour room guarantee

etc.

All of these are valuable to me and surely resulted in better treatment of Diamonds.

In addition, while promotions haven't been as generous as in the past, the award chart is still very favorable, especially at the top end and even with the 22,000 redemption level.

Have you compared Hyatt to Hilton or SPG?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 4:58 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
What made me angry with Hyatt was more the end of Plat award, without any new perks, than the lack of good promo. It is a permanent diminution of something which was a given benefit (contrary to the promo which are not part of the program perks, just a bonus).
So HGP continues his way down, when SPG is more going up.
Also, don't know if it really a part of HGP, but Hyatt BRG is very poor (compared to the excellent SPG one, which allowed me to have 2000 bonus points with most of my stays).
Long story short... you can still dream, I won't give my vote to Hyatt.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Handing out 50K UA to your "most loyal" guests was a slap in the face. And then to promise more down the road ? Why would I vote for you ? You just don't get it....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.