Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Diamond card arrived (requalification)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2012, 8:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Maybe this is old news to longtime Hyatt elites, but I couldn't find anything by searching.

I requalified for Diamond at the beginning of the month and my new card arrived a few days ago: valid through February 2014. I hadn't expected to see it so early and of course I'm happy that I didn't mistakenly throw out the envelope assuming that it was junk mail.....That would have been so easy to do.....

Does Hyatt always supply the new card as soon as one requalifies rather than processing them in a batch at the beginning of the year?

It's nice to have the card in hand and even nicer to be Diamond for another year. Thanks Hyatt.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 2:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT DIA
Yup!

Most airlines do too.

Cheers!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JAFU007
Yup!

Most airlines do too.

Cheers!
Not IME. My new DL card arrives around March 1 and the same for SPG and Marriott.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Not IME. My new DL card arrives around March 1 and the same for SPG and Marriott.
You got your DL card that early?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
You got your DL card that early?
Not in 2012, but the couple years before that (but post-merger), it did arrive around March 1, even the year they introduced Diamond.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Yes, card is sent right after you re-earn the status. I got my new Diamond card back in August I believe.

By the way, has anyone noticed how ugly the new Diamond card looks like? It looks like a funeral invitation. The old card is much much better.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, United Premier Gold
Originally Posted by wlau
By the way, has anyone noticed how ugly the new Diamond card looks like? It looks like a funeral invitation. The old card is much much better.
Yep, was about to post the same exact thing. Definitely a turn in the wrong direction...
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by LCPharmD
Yep, was about to post the same exact thing. Definitely a turn in the wrong direction...
I left the card on the kitchen counter when it first arrived. Parents came for a visit, and thought Hyatt branched out to the funeral business Pretty funny. Asians are fairly superstitious and I think this will drive a way a lot of Asian customers.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I generally get them at the beginning of the year as well, I've re qualified for SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, United and Priority Club this year and haven't received a new card for any of them yet.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

I've requalified so far for DL, SPG, and Marriott: no cards and I don't expect to see them until about March 1.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
I got my card expiring in 2014 in Sept, after re qualifying in Aug.

Originally Posted by LCPharmD
I left the card on the kitchen counter when it first arrived. Parents came for a visit, and thought Hyatt branched out to the funeral business Pretty funny. Asians are fairly superstitious and I think this will drive a way a lot of Asian customers.
I agree it looks bad!

HGPC please take note, I am sure you can get a poll from us if you need one.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 4:48 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Beyond disappointing. It looks so plain and cheap. Who made this decision?

I love my SPG Platinum card, customised with my favourite *wood property. I refuse to carry his card in my wallet, I'd rather use the passbook.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA IK, HGP Diamond, AA, KF, Hhonnors Gold, Carlson Gold, PC Plat, Accor Gold
qualified for another diamond Year beginning of November and i have not received my card yet. I called GP today and agent told me that they do not automatically send card anymore. i thought every program sent the card automatically. has this happenend to anyone else?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

My card was certainly sent automatically.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:32 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jowo
qualified for another diamond Year beginning of November and i have not received my card yet. I called GP today and agent told me that they do not automatically send card anymore. i thought every program sent the card automatically. has this happenend to anyone else?
There is a delay but they will send it, perhaps with the year end batch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.