Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Manila and Residences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:57 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Greetings FlyerTalkers!

We are very pleased to announce that Hyatt is expanding its interests in the Philippines with the announcement of the Grand Hyatt Manila and Residences.

The hotel is expected to open in 2015 and will be a part of a two-tower mixed use project in the upscale residental, entertainment, and business district of Fort Bonifacio Global City in Metro Manila. The Grand Hyatt will be located on the top 14 floors of the 66 story office and hotel tower. The hotel will offer 438 guestrooms, and offer a dramatic and energetic lobby, multiple food and beverage offerings, a spa, fitness center and pool, a comprehensive business center and meeting facilities with state of the art techonology.

The residences will be located in the second tower, and will offer 220 luxury units with private access to the hotel's amenities, including the spa, fitness center, pool, and restaurants.

Please let us know if you have any questions and as always, happy and safe travels.

Thanks!

Dana M.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
2015 in the Philippines?!?! Any guesses on the actual open date?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
When its further away from the airport, does it mean that it will now take over half a day to get from there to the hotel and vice versa?

The current one still takes me over an hour to get to and from !
Old Nov 12, 2012, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by skunker
2015 in the Philippines?!?! Any guesses on the actual open date?
Never? But assuming it does happen, this is nice news.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 6:24 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, Hyatt Discoverist (ex CC), Marriott Titanium, Miles& More Senator
This place is in a great location! Bonifacio is the nicest area in manila, also very close (15-20mins) to terminal three which is seeing an increase in international airlines using it next year!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

It's opening in June or July 2016. Mr. David Pacey will be the opening GM from GH Seoul.

Last edited by Aventine; Aug 5, 2015 at 11:03 pm Reason: wrong date
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:51 pm

Any update on when this property will open? Would love to book this for my upcoming visit to the Philippines.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Any update on when this property will open? Would love to book this for my upcoming visit to the Philippines.
Bad news. Best guesstimate I've heard from reliable sources will be June/July 2016.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:05 am

As an alternative consider the relatively new Raffles/Fairmont property.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 4:57 am

Thanks. I don't have status with Fairmont hence the desire for Hyatt. Although I still have time to make it before Jan.

Haven't heard good things about the city of dreams which is why I was looking forward to this property.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I don't have status with Fairmont hence the desire for Hyatt. Although I still have time to make it before Jan.

Haven't heard good things about the city of dreams which is why I was looking forward to this property.
It's going to be done well from what I heard. Well worth waiting for.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
It looks like the Hyatt website is finally displaying the property when searching for a hotel in Manila, but reservations are not yet available. Projected to open Q4 so hoping this new timeline is accurate.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by atlion25
It looks like the Hyatt website is finally displaying the property when searching for a hotel in Manila, but reservations are not yet available. Projected to open Q4 so hoping this new timeline is accurate.
I drove by it last month. Looks very nice. The client I was visiting in the area was equally excited that they'll have a superior property nearby for their guests.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Just to update, from my stay at the Hyatt COD - the club lounge staff said they thought possible April/May opening for the GH.

I'm hoping, since I'm going back in June/July and would rather stay somewhere else than COD!
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: Hard to keep one
Still can't book it for June'17 though. I like the location better than the City of Dreams for my meetings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.