Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thank You From Hyatt – Enjoy 50,000 MileagePlus Award Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You From Hyatt – Enjoy 50,000 MileagePlus Award Miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
I just stayed three nights at the LM Domhotel and not the Regency Cologne, the place that virtually owned my business over the last ten years...

I am not the only one jumping ship...but I am one of the last ones in Germany who is leaving...
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:29 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
The lack of any discernible reason for who got the miles makes this such a confusing promotion.
Perhaps thinking of this as a prize, rather than a promotion, will make it less confusing.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: Club Carlson, Hyatt, National, Le Club Accor,
Originally Posted by aabrock2187
I didn't get the email, and feel nothing but happiness for those that did. And I applaud Hyatt for an unusual and spontaneous gesture with real value towards a number of its Diamond members.

To those unhappy: If you were a Diamond member booking stays at Hyatts before this, are you saying that you are less likely to now because the ONLY thing different is that Hyatt now has shown a willingness to sometimes bestow valuable gifts on Diamonds at random? By all appearances you were entered, at zero cost, into a lottery that you failed to win; being disappointed you didn't win is understandable but I fail to understand whining about how you deserved to win and how others are "wrong" to win. And those threatening to book stays away from Hyatt as payback for not getting the email are just not worthy of comment.

To Hyatt Gold Passport: Keep up the unusual customer outreach!
This type of promo is dangerous. I'd expect this kind of one sided promo from United. Check out their MileagePlus credit card bonus for spend "targeted" promo. However, somehow getting a publicly traded Hyatt to buy into this plan of awarded select members of both organizations is a slap in the face to high paying Hyatt travelers. How completely and utterly idiotic not to take a few of those 50k bonuses and divy the total up with the rest of the diamonds. Something? Anything? Surely there are things to do that won't cost you too much as a MNC. What about an additional month of diamond status?

Promo (and that awful marketing picture) makes me feel like I did at prom: when my crush in school walked away with the bad boy.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: Soon to be free agent...
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
...this promotion should do nothing to change the behavior of rationally acting nonrecipients.
Exactly my thought...which is why I don't understand all of the talk about jumping ship for not receiving it.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
I didn't get the email, and feel nothing but happiness for those that did. And I applaud Hyatt for an unusual and spontaneous gesture with real value towards a number of its Diamond members.

To those unhappy: If you were a Diamond member booking stays at Hyatts before this, are you saying that you are less likely to now because the ONLY thing different is that Hyatt now has shown a willingness to sometimes bestow valuable gifts on Diamonds at random? By all appearances you were entered, at zero cost, into a lottery that you failed to win; being disappointed you didn't win is understandable but I fail to understand whining about how you deserved to win and how others are "wrong" to win. And those threatening to book stays away from Hyatt as payback for not getting the email are just not worthy of comment.

To Hyatt Gold Passport: Keep up the unusual customer outreach!
+1....well said
Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Exactly my thought...which is why I don't understand all of the talk about jumping ship for not receiving it.
On the other hand, if you were going to jump ship anyways, this promotion/prize should not motivate you to stay (if you didn't receive it).
Old Nov 3, 2012, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Hyatt used to be a good program when I joined.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9330; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.719 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Me too ^ Good to know someone is listening.
Listening is one thing, responding is another.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9330; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.719 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by DHalltheway

Me too ^ Good to know someone is listening.
Listening is one thing, responding is another.
I'll give Hyatt every benefit of the doubt and opportunity to make good. They've been a good program for me and hope they continue to be one.

If you want to see exactly the WRONG way to handle these situations, look no further than MR. They've really clustered a number of elite benefits lately - all to the disadvantage of members ALL THE WHILE claiming great things were on the horizon. Know what was on the horizon? A big, steaming bowl of jack squat. It's a shame too because I used to give them 75 - 100 nights a year. Overpromise and underdeliver is no way to run a loyalty program.

Still giving ^ to Hyatt at this point. Hope I feel this way next year.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 8:45 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I'll give Hyatt every [...] opportunity to make good.
Make good for what? You not "winning" a prize?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
No love from Hyatt either. If Hyatt is "listening" to the new United about their definition of loyalty, then we are in trouble. IMHO the new United does not believe in loyalty.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:45 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
Has anybody received this gift who is not US resident?

I fear worst and would guess the answer is "No", but maybe I'm wrong this time...
Old Nov 4, 2012, 4:39 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by nighthawkrs
Has anybody received this gift who is not US resident?

I fear worst and would guess the answer is "No", but maybe I'm wrong this time...
No, you don't seem to be wrong. No one outside the U.S. received this bonus. Better get used to is, it is another Hyatt Credit Card story. As the Gold Passport Concierge has explained: more is to come down the road. But only for the U.S. Hyatt keeps ignoring customers and loyal guests outside the U.S. As we see airlines company in the Middle East becoming Global players, there is now room for a hospitality company to become global, with headquarters based outside the U.S.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 4:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
No, you don't seem to be wrong. No one outside the U.S. received this bonus. Better get used to is, it is another Hyatt Credit Card story. As the Gold Passport Concierge has explained: more is to come down the road. But only for the U.S. Hyatt keeps ignoring customers and loyal guests outside the U.S. As we see airlines company in the Middle East becoming Global players, there is now room for a hospitality company to become global, with headquarters based outside the U.S.
I don't understand why Hyatt panders to their US Diamond customers, many of whom stay primarily at low-end properties.

Almost all of the best Hyatt properties are outside the US, with most of the new upscale Hyatts being in Asia.

If they need credit card membership to identify their better customers, why don't they team up with some cc issuers outside the US.

Here in Japan, Hyatt as 8 properties vs. 7 for Hilton, yet Hilton offers a credit card through Sumitomo-Mitsui Bank while Hyatt has nothing, or they could learn from UA, which has multiple cc issuers.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I don't understand why Hyatt panders to their US Diamond customers, many of whom stay primarily at low-end properties.

Almost all of the best Hyatt properties are outside the US, with most of the new upscale Hyatts being in Asia.

If they need credit card membership to identify their better customers, why don't they team up with some cc issuers outside the US.

Here in Japan, Hyatt as 8 properties vs. 7 for Hilton, yet Hilton offers a credit card through Sumitomo-Mitsui Bank while Hyatt has nothing, or they could learn from UA, which has multiple cc issuers.
Yes, your remark is very true. It is the same situation for Lufthansa which has also multiple cc issuers. And Hyatt has 5 properties in Germany with plenty of German based customers using their Hyatt worldwide and who would be interested in a bonus of 50K Miles&More - for visiting the new Andaz Amsterdam for instance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.