Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Award Certificate Transfer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2012, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Hyatt Award Certificate Transfer

Is there any way to use my sibling's Hyatt one night award certificate myself? Can I change the name during the reservation process so that I can check in? Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2012, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the award certificate is nontransferable, this would be fraud. Worst case would be you pay rack rate for the room and sibling has Hyatt account cancelled, losing all points.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 10:10 am
Original Poster

not neccesseraly

what if he reserves a room and adds me as a second guest who can check in if he arrives earlier?
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You seem to be asking for help to violate program rules. If "he" doesn't intend to stay, it's fraud if the cert or award isn't transferable.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by geg167
what if he reserves a room and adds me as a second guest who can check in if he arrives earlier?
I often make reservations for work and add my wife's name to the reservation so that she can check in when I am running late. Never has she been questioned, or has the FD required me to prove my presence. So, yes, the scenario you presented above would most likely work. Whether or not that "ends up" being the scenario that unfolds, is up to you.

That said, compare that speeding is a criminal offense in many states, but how often do you drive 56 in a 55 zone? Reasonable people would not assume that the speeding laws are intended to reduce the number of people going 1mph over the limit, but rather to reduce the number of people traveling 10, 15, or 20mph and more over the limit. Likewise, MY assumption (and mine only) is that the non-transferable clauses in awards such as these are designed, not to limit a situation such as yours, but to eliminate a secondary market created by people buying and selling the vouchers.

If you want a definite answer that may be what you want, AND allow you to sleep at night, call the hotel and ask them directly.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:24 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by geg167
Ymmv but less likely to work at international properties.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL DM, UA Gold, WOH Glob, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by peteropny
Ymmv but less likely to work at international properties.
some certificates do not have names on them (such as Elite 3-night, etc.). You should be able to use those with no problem.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 2:40 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Supercub17
some certificates do not have names on them (such as Elite 3-night, etc.). You should be able to use those with no problem.
True - but the OP was referring to what I believe to be the credit card sign up award nights (which aren't really certs).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.