FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   New Hyatt Card Features (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1386859-new-hyatt-card-features.html)

Gold Passport Concierge Sep 12, 12 10:30 am

New Hyatt Card Features
 
Dear FlyerTalkers,

We are excited to announce that on October 1st, we will launch two new features to the Hyatt Credit Card that will make everyday purchases and Hyatt stays even more rewarding for our cardmembers.

Cardmembers will earn 2 points for every $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets when purchased directly from the airline, and at car rental agencies. This is in addition to the current earning structure of 3 Hyatt Gold Passport points for every $1 spent at Hyatt properties worldwide and 1 Hyatt Gold Passport point for every $1 spent elsewhere.

Additionally, cardmembers will be able to earn and maintain Diamond status more easily by using the Hyatt Credit Card for all of their purchases as follows:

- Spend $20,000 annually and receive 2 stay / 5 night credits toward Diamond status
- Spend $40,000 annually and receive an additional 3 stay / 5 night credits (for a total of 5 stay and 10 night credits) toward Diamond status

These features were carefully developed based on Hyatt Gold Passport member feedback and research we conducted with our partner Chase. For more information, please visit http://www.hyatthotels.hyatt.com/newcreditcardfeatures.

We look forward to launching these features to help you earn more points and get closer to Diamond membership.

Safe travels,

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge

Stewie Mac Sep 12, 12 10:43 am

Can I be the first to say 'thanks Hyatt' from all your loyal members outside the US......

I'm starting to feel like the statues...

rfrost Sep 12, 12 10:45 am

Interesting...seems like they are largely tracking the Fairmont Chase card with these enhancements (same double points categories, though Fairmont requires a $7.5K spend for 1 stay credit, and of course Hyatt's requirements are higher than Fairmont's to begin with).
In any case, they ARE enhancements. I will probably get the card before year end.

DHalltheway Sep 12, 12 10:50 am


Originally Posted by Stewie Mac (Post 19301632)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Can I be the first to say 'thanks Hyatt' from all your loyal members outside the US......

+1

sigh....:rolleyes:

Hyatt, why do you discriminate so much.

puregravy Sep 12, 12 10:56 am

Sorry to you international folks... but Great enhancement, makes using the card easier vs my other cards w/ 2x on restaurants/air/rental.

Although, 5 stays toward diamond is not as robust as others, say like the Hilton 40k spend.

AJLondon Sep 12, 12 11:08 am


Originally Posted by Stewie Mac (Post 19301632)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Can I be the first to say 'thanks Hyatt' from all your loyal members outside the US......

+1. :(

ToneDaBass Sep 12, 12 11:14 am

Nothing BAD there, but nothing that's going to change my spending habits either. Chase Sapphire is still better on restaurants, rentals, and airline tickets (and other cards are better for specific categories).

Additionally, you can stay 10 nights at a Hyatt for far less than $40k.

JetAway Sep 12, 12 11:15 am

A helpful development but unfortunately capped at at 5 stays/10 nights.

ctownflyer Sep 12, 12 11:15 am

Who exactly makes these decisions for you guys and what are they trying to accomplish?

The reason nobody's spending on the Hyatt card (ostensibly the problem they're trying to solve) is because of the huge advantage had by anyone with Freedom+Sapphire. These new spend benefits (aside for the few stay credits) are all worse that what those cards offer and likely won't change the spending patterns of too many people.

I'll still hang onto the card for the retention bonus, but I almost never use it.

MD/DC Flyer Sep 12, 12 11:15 am


Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge (Post 19301537)
Cardmembers will earn 2 points for every $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets when purchased directly from the airline, and at car rental agencies.

This makes perfect sense. If you have the Sapphire card you already get this benefit (as the UR points are transferable to Hyatt). Reality is this will not be a driver to use the card unless it goes one step further and increase the point earning above the Sapphire. If I get the same number of points it would go to the Sapphire because of the versatility of the redemption options.

4aks Sep 12, 12 11:17 am

Can you have Chase.com add an 'annual spend to date' report to the account display to support this card feature? ... it currently only gives me the last 3 statements, and I'd need to go through my bank statements to see where I am on these spending goals


Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge (Post 19301537)
Dear FlyerTalkers,

We are excited to announce that on October 1st, we will launch two new features to the Hyatt Credit Card that will make everyday purchases and Hyatt stays even more rewarding for our cardmembers.

Cardmembers will earn 2 points for every $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets when purchased directly from the airline, and at car rental agencies. This is in addition to the current earning structure of 3 Hyatt Gold Passport points for every $1 spent at Hyatt properties worldwide and 1 Hyatt Gold Passport point for every $1 spent elsewhere.

Additionally, cardmembers will be able to earn and maintain Diamond status more easily by using the Hyatt Credit Card for all of their purchases as follows:

- Spend $20,000 annually and receive 2 stay / 5 night credits toward Diamond status
- Spend $40,000 annually and receive an additional 3 stay / 5 night credits (for a total of 5 stay and 10 night credits) toward Diamond status

These features were carefully developed based on Hyatt Gold Passport member feedback and research we conducted with our partner Chase. For more information, please visit http://www.hyatthotels.hyatt.com/newcreditcardfeatures.

We look forward to launching these features to help you earn more points and get closer to Diamond membership.

Safe travels,

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge


BigRedBears Sep 12, 12 11:22 am

Non-event. Chase Sapphire is still superior in all the benefits.

puregravy Sep 12, 12 11:29 am


Originally Posted by ToneDaBass (Post 19301812)
Nothing BAD there, but nothing that's going to change my spending habits either. Chase Sapphire is still better on restaurants, rentals, and airline tickets (and other cards are better for specific categories).

Additionally, you can stay 10 nights at a Hyatt for far less than $40k.

Hmmmm.... I guess you mean 40k spend on another cards gets you 40k points/miles etc vs 10 nights x $150-$200 Hyatt place?

777 global mile hound Sep 12, 12 11:43 am

I got excited when I received the email earlier thinking game changer for the Hyatt Visa
Was on a conference call and glanced briefly thinking it was free nights for threshold spending like the new Hilton Visa and thought way to go Gold Passport!
Reading more closely its stay credit toward elite status which as many others share is not going to move me from my other Chase card products or American Express Cards.

I also have to question the rational thought process when these are similar benefits of the award winning Starwood Preferred Guest credit card
with read my lips no annual spending thresholds
It appears highly shortsighted not inventive and mimicks other more generous benefits out in the marketplace IMHO
A slight baby step nod for the category spending but easily trumped by other card relationships with far greater versatility in ways to redeem.

maradori Sep 12, 12 11:51 am


Originally Posted by ctownflyer (Post 19301822)
Who exactly makes these decisions for you guys and what are they trying to accomplish?

These new spend benefits ... likely won't change the spending patterns of too many people.

I'll still hang onto the card for the retention bonus, but I almost never use it.

For the first question, I think these new features might be related to Hyatt/Chase doing number crunching on the results of a somewhat recent cardholder survey.

I'm the same with you for the next two points though ^


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:14 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.