Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Paris Availability

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2012, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Park Hyatt Paris Availability

Can anyone with points in their Hyatt account check and see if the Hyatt Vendome Paris has availability 12/31/12 - 1/1/13 before I actually transfer the points from my ultimate rewards account? Thank you!
Old Sep 2, 2012, 6:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Nope... bit late for that date. And there probably is going to be a minimum stay anyway.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
Nope... bit late for that date. And there probably is going to be a minimum stay anyway.
Thanks!!
Old Sep 2, 2012, 7:06 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by JonB110
Can anyone with points in their Hyatt account check and see if the Hyatt Vendome Paris has availability 12/31/12 - 1/1/13 before I actually transfer the points from my ultimate rewards account? Thank you!
As expected, award redemption not available - FYI, you can check by yourself even though you don't have the points in the account by using a proxy - see if revenue reservation is available in the "base" entry room(s) which in this case is the Park Twin and Park Queen (which in this case is a no - only availability is in upper level suites - so IMO no chance of it even opening up).

But if you want to go to the HR Madeleine, it appears to be available in both the Twin and Queen rooms (which it is as "entry" room both for revenue and award redemption).
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
My redemption experience in park hyatt vendome:

I had a long vacation to Europe this august. The first and last destination are Paris. I tried to redeem park hyatt paris from this June. There is always no availabilty. I quited and chose IC le grand and Radisson blue. By the end of my vacation, my schedule changed a little bit. I tried again for park hyatt vendome three days before my arrival. This time there is a queen-size bed room available. Upon my arrival, park hyatt vendome upgrade a king size room. This is a nice room and we have a wonderful vacation in Paris. Once you stay there, you will come back again, again and again.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: IHG-Spire, DL-Gold, MR-Platinum, HH-Gold, SPG-Gold, Hyatt-Diamond, BA-Silver
Wirelessly posted (Galaxy S2: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by kunk00
My redemption experience in park hyatt vendome:

I had a long vacation to Europe this august. The first and last destination are Paris. I tried to redeem park hyatt paris from this June. There is always no availabilty. I quited and chose IC le grand and Radisson blue. By the end of my vacation, my schedule changed a little bit. I tried again for park hyatt vendome three days before my arrival. This time there is a queen-size bed room available. Upon my arrival, park hyatt vendome upgrade a king size room. This is a nice room and we have a wonderful vacation in Paris. Once you stay there, you will come back again, again and again.
Could you please share your travel plan ( you can pm me). I'm also planning a trip for next year with a start and stop in Paris. I wanted to know what cities in Europe you liked and may be hotel recommendations too.

You can also point me to your blog post if you did a trip report for your vacation. Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2012, 7:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by charms81
Wirelessly posted (Galaxy S2: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Could you please share your travel plan ( you can pm me). I'm also planning a trip for next year with a start and stop in Paris. I wanted to know what cities in Europe you liked and may be hotel recommendations too.

You can also point me to your blog post if you did a trip report for your vacation. Thanks!
Because I came to france, italy and spain many times, this trip I focus on germany, austria, and swiss etc.

Paris-brussel-ghent-vienna-budapest-salzburg-berchtesgaden-fussen-zurich-lucerne-paris.

Almost all these places are wonderful. Since I traveled over 50 countries, the most impressive place are southern part of germany.

For hotels, it is too subjective. For hotels I stayed in this trip, the top 8 are:

1. intercontinental berchtesgaden
2. park hyatt vendome
3. park hyatt Zurich
4. budapest marriott
5. vienna marriott
6. ghent marriott
7. Intercontinental le grand
8. zurich marriott
Old Sep 3, 2012, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by kunk00
I tried again for park hyatt vendome three days before my arrival. This time there is a queen-size bed room available. Upon my arrival, park hyatt vendome upgrade a king size room. This is a nice room and we have a wonderful vacation in Paris. Once you stay there, you will come back again, again and again.
I have a similar story. Booking far in advance was no issue for my mid-July stay. But after New Years it was no longer available. We booked two rooms, one for three nights, one for two nights, with the third at Hyatt CDG (my parents had an early flight). My mom said she was sad to leave the night before departure, she'd rather take a 6AM cab. So I walked downstairs (near midnight), and the front desk had availability, so they called Hyatt CDG and had them refund my points, even though I was past the cancellation period. Even kept them in the same room.
Someone upthread said the Madeleine had space. I'd book there, then keep checking the Vendome. It's ridiculous how well they treat points guests, even those without status.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by JonB110
can somebody please check if Any 2 or 3 day time slot is available between April 4th and April 8th 2012? I am in the process of transfering miles.

Thanks very much
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by vishnuna
can somebody please check if Any 2 or 3 day time slot is available between April 4th and April 8th 2012? I am in the process of transfering miles.

Thanks very much
Never mind, availability seems to be there for all days. Usually if they have the basic room park queen or park twin available it is bookable on award.

Last edited by folex386; Jan 23, 2013 at 6:51 pm Reason: New availability; Update Accuracy - Thanks peteropny
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by folex386
Never mind, availability seems to be there for all days. Usually if they have the basic room park queen or park king or park twin available it is bookable on award.
Not park king at this property.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 3:17 pm

Another question about this property...

I have enough UR points to get 3 nights right now. My total trip is going to need 5 nights, from Wednesday May 8th through Monday May 13th. I plan to either get the Chase Hyatt card in early February for the 2 free nights or just transfer over some more UR points once I've earned them. In either case, I probably won't have the extra points/free nights until late February/early March.

So, given all this background, would I be wise to lock in the 3 nights now or just wait 6 to 8 weeks until I can do all 5 nights in one shot?

Along those lines, if I reserve 3 nights now, are weekend or weekday nights more likely to remain available? In other words, would it be wiser to try to reserve the weekday or weekend nights now?

I understand there are no guarantees, just looking for advice on the best strategy.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
Call GP and explain the situation... they will lock in the five nights for you now and you just need to make sure the points are in your GP account by the time of the stay. They're very accommodating!

Originally Posted by Comenius
Another question about this property...

I have enough UR points to get 3 nights right now. My total trip is going to need 5 nights, from Wednesday May 8th through Monday May 13th. I plan to either get the Chase Hyatt card in early February for the 2 free nights or just transfer over some more UR points once I've earned them. In either case, I probably won't have the extra points/free nights until late February/early March.

So, given all this background, would I be wise to lock in the 3 nights now or just wait 6 to 8 weeks until I can do all 5 nights in one shot?

Along those lines, if I reserve 3 nights now, are weekend or weekday nights more likely to remain available? In other words, would it be wiser to try to reserve the weekday or weekend nights now?

I understand there are no guarantees, just looking for advice on the best strategy.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:16 am

Just got off the phone with GP and they unfortunately explained that they can no longer hold award rooms without all the points being available.

Has anyone been successful in getting them to hold an award reservation recently?

Silver lining is the agent said the hotel was showing 9+ award rooms available for each night of my stay so as of now availability isn't an issue.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:50 am

Why don't you grab the 3 nights now and add the other 2 later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.