Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Google:

grand hyatt kuala lumpur fitness center

... and then click on Images.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by azepine00
It's extraordinarily nice of them to let you check-in so early and have breakfast twice on one night stay...
At what time did you arrive?
I don't see anything extraordinary with that. I do that on ~ 80% of my stays and never had a problem.
365RoadWarrior likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Google:

grand hyatt kuala lumpur fitness center

... and then click on Images.
Thanks, I've spent many weeks at the GH, so I know the fitness center there, along with its hours and layout. So I'm really just curious about the new-to-Hyatt-family property. Oyster and others have some photos of the Lanson Place fitness center, but nothing on hours and amenities and just plain-old quality/experience. I suppose I should have started a thread for.the Lanson Place, since that is the real focus of my question, but I am on my mobile and I am being lazy, I guess.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Okay. I thought you were asking about the GHKL.
365RoadWarrior likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I have a one night stay coming up in Kuala Lumpur. How easy is it to access night life and tourism sights from this property? I only have credit card status for hyatt, so I was looking at Hiltons because I am diamond with them. I was considering using Hyatt prive for this property. Those who have done so is it worth it? Are you getting good upgrades? The prive rate would be similar to the standard non-member room rate?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Red259
I have a one night stay coming up in Kuala Lumpur. How easy is it to access night life and tourism sights from this property? I only have credit card status for hyatt, so I was looking at Hiltons because I am diamond with them. I was considering using Hyatt prive for this property. Those who have done so is it worth it? Are you getting good upgrades? The prive rate would be similar to the standard non-member room rate?
The Grand Hyatt is very close to Bukit Bintang which is a rich nightlife area with lots of bars. As for tourism sights, to be honest, I've never really found much to do in KL so I'll leave that to others.

The Privé rate should be the lowest publicly available and flexible rate, I believe.

It's a fantastic property.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by danger
The Grand Hyatt is very close to Bukit Bintang which is a rich nightlife area with lots of bars. As for tourism sights, to be honest, I've never really found much to do in KL so I'll leave that to others.

The Privé rate should be the lowest publicly available and flexible rate, I believe.

It's a fantastic property.
Sounds good. Unfortunately, I just realized with prive and grand hyatts you have to book two nights min, so that shoots down that idea!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:49 am
Suspended

The main tourist site in KL is probably Petronas Towers, which is a quick walk from GHKL.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Just completed my 1st stay here since 2015...had stayed many times when they first opened, and in the 1st year of operation.

This was also my 1st time in a regular King Rm. Had one of the corner suites every other time. I guess my upgrade this time was to a "View" room of the Towers.

The hotel was very busy. The GC is still one of the best IMO...and they do give Globalist automatic breakfast at 38, instead of the lounge, if you so desire. I actually liked just staying in the lounge - 38 was very, very busy all weekend. My gf liked 38 for the asian breakfast dishes.

The lounge has more hot dishes during evening cocktails, that almost any other that I have been to. Almost a full dinner spread.

Too bad all the staff I had met back in 2013-2015 is gone. Actually heard that one of them had gone to Four Seasons. Went over to visit, and got a nice tour of the 4S from him.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by rwm818
This was also my 1st time in a regular King Rm. Had one of the corner suites every other time. I guess my upgrade this time was to a "View" room of the Towers.

The hotel was very busy. The GC is still one of the best IMO...and they do give Globalist automatic breakfast at 38, instead of the lounge, if you so desire. I actually liked just staying in the lounge - 38 was very, very busy all weekend. My gf liked 38 for the asian breakfast dishes.
Yes just arrived, very busy and no upgrade as well. Checked inventory and they are indeed very full. The view from the "garden view king" is still pretty good. Was not told about breakfast at 28, actuallly was not even thanked for being a WoH member/globalist, and no welcome amenity which is a bit strange as everything was ready for me as I arrived by hotel limo.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jinrop
Yes just arrived, very busy and no upgrade as well. Checked inventory and they are indeed very full. The view from the "garden view king" is still pretty good. Was not told about breakfast at 28, actuallly was not even thanked for being a WoH member/globalist, and no welcome amenity which is a bit strange as everything was ready for me as I arrived by hotel limo.
I think the welcome amenity disappeared with Gold Passport.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know if any of the rooms have bathrooms with natural light/windows? And do any of those windows have views of the Patronas Towers? Is it a certain suite or room category?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone know if any of the rooms have bathrooms with natural light/windows? And do any of those windows have views of the Patronas Towers? Is it a certain suite or room category?
Certainly the grand suites and grand view suites have an abundance of natural light and large windows in the bathrooms. I believe the "view" in grand view suites means Petronas view.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does that count?
SkyTeam777 and rbAA like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Anyone else stayed here recently and feels that the F&B at the Grand Club has been downgraded a bit during the evening hours?

I always felt it was very high quality in the past but was a bit disappointed during my last two stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.