Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Kochi - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:59 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Dear Flyertalkers!

Slated to open in Q1 2017, Grand Hyatt Kochi will feature 250 guestrooms and amenities including a three-meal multi-cuisine restaurant, two specialty restaurants, a bar and lobby lounge, a 10-treatment room spa, fitness center, swimming pool, and Grand Club lounge. The hotel will also offer more than 60,000 sq ft of meeting and event space, including a 26,000 sq ft ballroom.

Safe Travels!
Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Good news. This is a nice destination that has a shortage of international-standard hotels (though the Taj Malabar is solid, albeit not in the best location).

This has to be a record for the most time planned between the day of the announcement and the planned opening time-frame. Regardless, I'll take the over.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: Marriott platinum | Hyatt Exlporist | Hilton Gold | Radisson Gold | Wyndham Gold | Club Vistara Gold
Grand hyatt kochi - full detailed review

Hotel:Grand Hyatt KOCHI

No. Of Nights: 1

No. of Guest: 3 Adults

Room Type: Grand terrace Suite

Booking: 7000 WOH Points (Off peak date)

Hello all I had a chance to stay at Grand Hyatt kochi over the weekend and here is sharing a detailed review.

This is last updated long back, so thought of updating it. There is not much information about this property here that’s why I am adding mine.

Booking:

I live in India & we don’t have any Hyatt co brand credit cards or transfer partners so I had to buy points. Hyatt was offering a 30% bonus on buying points I bought 7000 world of Hyatt Points for 120$. Initial plan was to stay in club room. But when the off peak in peak prices kicked in I got the grand Terrace Suite room for 7000 points on a weekend. Super worth the price as it’s a CAT 1 property.

(From March 2022 this hotel is now CAT 2)

Grand Terrace Room for our date for 3 Adults: ₹34,000 INR (inclusive Taxes)

Base/Standard room With Breakfast for our date for 3 adults: ₹15,000 (Inclusive taxes)

What we paid: 7000 WOH Points.

Bought 7000 WOH for 120$ = ₹9,000 (INR)

Located at Bolghatty Kochi (Kerala)

Perched on 26 acres of plush green land on the serene Bolgatty Island, Grand Hyatt Kochi Bolgatty is a waterfront urban resort overlooking the backwaters of Vembanad Lake.

Airport Transfers were early available Complimentary for Club room and above but now had limited to Executive & President suite alone.

In case of one needs it on Chargeable, they charge: (prices in INR)

Sedan: ₹2900 + Taxes

Innova Crysta: ₹2900 + Taxes

Jaguar: ₹5000+ Taxes

Staffs & Service:

I have status with other brands but I have no status with Hyatt and it’s my first ever time at a HYATT property.

Be it from check in, the front desk staff lobby area the other staff everyone you’re so polite so humble was so attentive. The staff walked us from front desk explaining the hotel amenities, Hotel Tour and showed us a room tour as well.

Rooms:

We had reserved the Grand terrace Suite (Highest category bookable by Points)

Above our room category was Grand Executive suite, Presidential suite, 2 BHK Villa & 3 BHK villa.

Our Room was at the highest floor 7th floor & with a perfect view. It was a Grand terrace Suite Room . It’s so large & spacious and has a perfect Terrace.

Amenities:

Talking about amenities and other stuffs it has a gym to swimming pools (indoor and outdoor) I guess this is the only Indoor swimming in South India, For Guests using Gym/Spa they have access to steam room, sauna room, plunge pool. All the swimming pools are 4 feet and they have kids pool as well with a water slide. They have a Toni & Guy Salon inside. Lots if Banquet halls, Helipad & Kerala’s largest Convention centre as well. (Heard Golf course is getting ready)

All the Swimming pool timings: 9am to 10pm

Gym 24 hours

Activities:

Talking about activities that are lots of stuff to do be it you come with your friends/ Family or with your kids they have a special recreation room that has PS4, lot of board games like caroms, Business, Monopoly, Cards, Dart, arrows, table tennis, Basket ball Net, lawn tennis Clay Court, cycling and much more

Food-Restaurant-Club Lounge:

All the restaurants have Outdoor dining with a Very good view.

As a Suite Room Guest, We had access to Club Lounge.

Grand Club Lounge at 5th Floor is so Grand & huge with a view of Kochi Marine Drive. Lots of seating, Ample of space.

Food at Club lounge:

Open from 11am to 8pm.

From 11am to 6pm Guests can get Tea, coffee and cookies.

From 6pm-8pm Guests get Liquor, Soft drinks, Starters & Dessert.

It was good spread. Had options from Veg & Non-Veg. Food was tasty.

Other Restaurants:

Thai soul: Only Thai food available with Chefs from Thailand. Must visit

Malabar Cafe: Morning Buffet Breakfast is served over there. A very good spread with a mix of Kerala, South Indian & Western dishes. The Taste was too good. (Do not miss chocolate milkshake and Appam with stew)

Colony Club house: A fine dine restaurant With most of International cuisine. Their desserts are worth the visit.

Lobby Cafe/Lounge: the cafe located next to the Lobby area. The desserts are worth here. (Do try White Pluto milkshake)

Final Thoughts:

It is a very Good property and very friendly and professional staff. A must visit with family/friends/ or with kids. You have lots of things to do.

Only suggestion is to book 2 nights to enjoy the maximum and the Best way to book (for Indian Guests) would be to buy Hyatt Points on promotion (30% discount/bonus) and Always Book Club category and Above rooms to enjoy the maximum.

I guess I have covered the most of it.

Here is the full video of the Property from my YouTube Channel:

Incase If you all have any questions / Doubts about this property do let me know. Will try to answer it. Thank you. Stay safe.

Some Snaps:

Grand Lobby

Parking Area - Valvet parking

Living room - Grand Terrace Suite

Bed at our Suite. Extra Bed was provided for 3rd Adult

Grand Terrace

Grand terrace

Sunset from the Grand terrace

Grand Club Lounge

Liquor options at Grand Club Lounge

Recreational Room:

Recreational Room: Has All sorts of indoor games

Lawn tennis Clay Court- They do provide racquet & Balls

Indoor Swimming Pool (4ft)

Outdoor swimming pool (4ft) - Kids have two slides

Malabar cafe - Outdoor seating

Kerala’s Largest Convention centre

Gym - 24 Hours open

View from our Room. Backside of Hotel

Views of the vembanad Lake

Plunge Pool (Only for Gym/spa guest) - 4ft
River in Sight likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 3:28 pm

Hi, anyone booked their Houseboat Nattika? The boat itself looks great, but the Vembanad Lake does not seem like an interesting area for a tour...maybe a local has some insight?

Will surely visit Munnar and Fort Kochi, but open to suggestions...staying 6 nights in January
Old Oct 5, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by AakashCJB

Hello all I had a chance to stay at Grand Hyatt kochi over the weekend and here is sharing a detailed review.
Thanks for the great review - I must admit I had never heard of this property, but it looks like a great spot and I appreciate the time taken to post this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: Marriott platinum | Hyatt Exlporist | Hilton Gold | Radisson Gold | Wyndham Gold | Club Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by roland_wa
Hi, anyone booked their Houseboat Nattika? The boat itself looks great, but the Vembanad Lake does not seem like an interesting area for a tour...maybe a local has some insight?

Will surely visit Munnar and Fort Kochi, but open to suggestions...staying 6 nights in January

Hey mate! I live in Kerala and would love to help you and give you suggestions!

Grand Hyatt Kochi does has a house boat and i am not sure weather they provide overnight stay at that house boat.
They do use it for events and eveing sunset cruise.
The best way to reach the hotel and get information!

Personal suggestion: Well if you are planning for house boat stay, There are other better options & locations than this!
Alleppy, Kollam, Kumarakom and many more!
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by River in Sight
Thanks for the great review - I must admit I had never heard of this property, but it looks like a great spot and I appreciate the time taken to post this.

Thanks mate! Yes! A pretty new property and CAT 1 till March 2022. We were lucky to get the best deal and best room here!
A hidden gem on WOH portfolio for sure!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.