Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by afmiami
Suggestions on best way to reach the resort from the airport (SKB)?
Just take a cab from airport. Rates are regulated by government.
afmiami likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
What types of rooms are people receiving who booked via Prive? (at the property, not necessarily what you were upgraded to at booking).
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia
What types of rooms are people receiving who booked via Prive? (at the property, not necessarily what you were upgraded to at booking).
Just returned from stay booked with Prive rate booked thru Kristen Nix who has posted in this thread previously (great agent, btw). Upgraded from Park room to Sea view suite. Excellent room and amazing views, although our unit (611) was behind the Stone Barn which has a very loud AC unit. Was a shame the developers didn't foresee this would be an issue. Would recommend asking for another unit (closer to ramparts or beach would have been our choice)
KristenNix likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by redtalun
Just returned from stay booked with Prive rate booked thru Kristen Nix who has posted in this thread previously (great agent, btw). Upgraded from Park room to Sea view suite. Excellent room and amazing views, although our unit (611) was behind the Stone Barn which has a very loud AC unit. Was a shame the developers didn't foresee this would be an issue. Would recommend asking for another unit (closer to ramparts or beach would have been our choice)
Do you have status with Hyatt?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by cheme24
Do you have status with Hyatt?
No status. Another guest (likely a lifetime globalist) was upgraded to a Nevis Peak Suite and thoroughly enjoying his stay.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Hyatt Prive bookings are treated very favorably for upgrades. I have had many clients upgraded generously. While you are guaranteed a one level upgrade with Prive, you sometimes might be pleasantly surprised. If you'd like me to put together a Hyatt Prive booking, please just send me a PM!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:13 pm

No status. Another guest (likely a lifetime globalist) was upgraded to a Nevis Peak Suite and thoroughly enjoying his stay.
Interesting, I hope I share your fortune during my stay in November.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
I was also given a Sea View Suite on a Park King Prive booking as a Discoverist.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
I used a TSU and was further upgraded to a Nevis suite. Very nice.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Any updates on whether the pools are heated yet?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:15 am

I can't wait to see what they upgrade me to. I am confirmed like you, using a DSU (or is it TSU now?), in to a Sea View Suite, on a 100% paid stay as well.

Originally Posted by iherebyresign
I used a TSU and was further upgraded to a Nevis suite. Very nice.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Damn, amazed to hear about some of the Prive upgrades. I got the advertised one-class upgrade from Park to Beachside as an Explorist. And it certainly wasn't an availability issue: the property was a ghost town for almost all of our stay, with perhaps 5-6 groups total visible in the public areas. The room is fine, but I honestly wonder where the Park class rooms are, as the Beachside rooms are the bottom level of the three-story buildings, with Sea View being the 2nd. The top floor of all buildings appears to be some form of suite with plunge pool, although they differ.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:42 pm

For those who have gone, did you enjoy?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
For those who have gone, did you enjoy?

Sure, but the Prive 4th night free was stupid cheap. I ended up paying ~$300 night all-in, room and board. Does this compare to PH Maldives? No way. Mayakoba or Papaguayo? Much closer.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by bknets88
Any updates on whether the pools are heated yet?
Not that I am aware of, but certainly not needed in July. Water was *delightful*, which is good, because the beach is a disaster. The seaweed issue is really tragic, as it absolutely ruins the beach for anything but walking, and can occasionally put out quite a stench if they haven't yet caught up with the cleaning. Cockleshell beach next door is either naturally more protected or just more aggressively groomed, as we found it tolerable. Neither are what I would call "nice" beaches, though. (Although I'm from San Diego, so YMMV.)

Originally Posted by noobiewildcat
Great info! For Breakfast, I assume you had two for free from Globalist. Was there a child price for the buffet? Wondering if 5 year old will need to pay full price. Thanks!
They offer a sporadic 50% discount for kids; I got it every day at the breakfast, and most days for the other meals as well. If you're paying out of pocket, you should probably insist on it.

Originally Posted by cshel
Did anyone have any issues getting same day reservations at any of the restaurants? Any thoughts on booking restaurants or activities in advance?
None for us, but occupancy levels looked to be 20%, max. We ate next to the same half dozen groups every day for a week.

One more question - I have breakfast included for 2. If I have small children, do they eat free or at discount? Anyone have experience on that?
I was told at checkin they would be "free," but was skeptical. Every day at breakfast they were charged, but in the end all of the breakfast charges (save gratuity) were removed, much to my delight.

Have a stay coming up in October and am worried about the food prices. I understand there is a VAT and then a “Service Charge”. Are you expected to then tip on top of this? And if so, should we be tipping the customary 15%? 15% is definitely a US thing and St Kitts is not in the US but I assume most guests are from the US and are tipping the 15% anyway.

What have you tipped if any at restaurants there?
This is definitely a do-as-you-will thing. I tipped an extra 10% on everything except breakfast, where I just added a modest flat amount since it was buffet (and comped). IMHO the wages are so low relative to the obscene (relatively) amounts one pays for food and services here that it seems downright miserly to skimp on tips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.