Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2024, 5:26 am

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Just wrapping up a 1 week stay here. I was a little worried about about service levels leading up to the trip based on both Flyertalk and some Tripadvisor ratings but honestly it hasn't played out that way for us. We are definitely low maintenance though so take that into account. I have seen a few people getting worked up over some small things. That doesn't mean big things won't happen to you but it is an island...so enjoy it while your here. As has been said the beach isn't world class but there are a few spots it's swimmable and the water is warm (although a little sea grass floating around).

Ala-carte breakfast and a couple of dinners have not been bad and a few times were quicker than expected. Yesterday they ran out of cloth napkins at breakfast so if I wanted to be nit picky that would be about the only real miss and to me that isn't even a miss. The food quality has been good not great but as good or better than most island resorts I've stayed at.

We are in the Deluxe pool suite and it is spectacular. The pool is a little too chilly for my wife to last longer than 5 minutes at a time but I think it's perfect : ) Tons of outdoor space and incredible views of Nevis.

We took billycwhatup's lead and booked Captain Coconut's sailboat for a snorkel and sail...very fun and for a private "charter" I thought it was very reasonable.

If you're hesitant about this property I would say don't be... The beach isn't perfect, the service isn't at high end levels but most everyone tries and it's sunny and warm.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 6:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by davidsc111
Just wrapping up a 1 week stay here. I was a little worried about about service levels leading up to the trip based on both Flyertalk and some Tripadvisor ratings but honestly it hasn't played out that way for us. We are definitely low maintenance though so take that into account. I have seen a few people getting worked up over some small things. That doesn't mean big things won't happen to you but it is an island...so enjoy it while your here. As has been said the beach isn't world class but there are a few spots it's swimmable and the water is warm (although a little sea grass floating around).

Ala-carte breakfast and a couple of dinners have not been bad and a few times were quicker than expected. Yesterday they ran out of cloth napkins at breakfast so if I wanted to be nit picky that would be about the only real miss and to me that isn't even a miss. The food quality has been good not great but as good or better than most island resorts I've stayed at.

We are in the Deluxe pool suite and it is spectacular. The pool is a little too chilly for my wife to last longer than 5 minutes at a time but I think it's perfect : ) Tons of outdoor space and incredible views of Nevis.

We took billycwhatup's lead and booked Captain Coconut's sailboat for a snorkel and sail...very fun and for a private "charter" I thought it was very reasonable.

If you're hesitant about this property I would say don't be... The beach isn't perfect, the service isn't at high end levels but most everyone tries and it's sunny and warm.
Thanks for your perspective, davidsc111 . I get being low maintenance, but if we're stepping back, a luxury hotel should not be running out of napkins. A luxury hotel shouldn't get away with "everyone tries" if the results aren't there. At the rates they charge, expectations are just higher.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by CLEguy
Thanks for your perspective, davidsc111 . I get being low maintenance, but if we're stepping back, a luxury hotel should not be running out of napkins. A luxury hotel shouldn't get away with "everyone tries" if the results aren't there. At the rates they charge, expectations are just higher.
Completely agree, although I'll say higher end point-redeeming hotels in the Caribbean all seem to suffer from some service difficulties. I don't think I've ever had a smooth stay at the St Regis Bahia Beach (been about a half dozen times) and yet I keep going back for the location and hard product. Ritz Grand Cayman was also great, but still had issues. I'm sure the Four Seasons Nevis is amazing, but I can stay at the Park Hyatt for free.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CLEguy
a luxury hotel should not be running out of napkins. A luxury hotel shouldn't get away with "everyone tries" if the results aren't there.
Can't argue either point...you're 100% correct. I guess what I was trying to say was that I didn't think service was as bad as some on this thread made it out to be. That being said, other people had different experiences than me so I may have felt exactly the same if I were in their shoes. We only had two small issues and one meal time where I had to wait beachfront looking at the ocean for an additional 15 minutes waiting for my check : )

I've only had 1 stay in my lifetime that was flawless and it was at a resort in the Maldives where you can't use points (good call out @slariz). I've stayed at Luxury resorts in the Caribbean, Mexico, California, Hawaii, Bali and the Maldives and have experienced higher levels of service problems at many of them (especially in HI). For a developing country, still transitioning to tourism, I found it to be about what I would expect...not perfect but acceptable.

To me, service inadequacies, are always a leadership issue...either through lack of training or by not removing those employees who don't perform. We expect to return to the PH St. Kitts
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by THE soni
Headed here for a 5 night stay at the end of March. Booked standard room on points. Already planning to pay the cash upgrade to get into a plunge pool suite (preferable the deluxe, but would take either), would people recommend using a DSU to get into a confirmed OV Suite first? Or would they (likely) offer me the same cash upgrade from a standard room and to just save my DSU.

​​Also, ​​​billycwhatup , do you mind sharing how much you paid for the AI option and if you did that before arriving or at check in?
Sorry for the slow follow up....I believe it's $250 per person, per day for adults 18+. Again, it may seem like a lot, but if you are planning to spend any amount of time at the hotel, it's a no-brainer. I gave them a "heads up" in advance and was prepared for it to be painfully slow at check-in, but it literally just involved me telling them that I wanted to do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.