Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park - Toronto (Old) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - (closing for renovation 12/1/17-09:21

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park - Toronto (Old) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - (closing for renovation 12/1/17-09:21

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:46 pm

Curious if anyone has any info on the progress/reopening here?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
bump... anyone know reopening date?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I was in Toronto a couple of weeks ago and stopped by to see the progress. There is definitely lots of progress, but there is also a lot of work to be done.

If I had to guess, I don't think there's any way they will open before Summer 2020 (and possibly even later). But we'll see...

This is one of my favorite Hyatt properties so I can't wait for the hotel to reopen, too!
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:50 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
The unwritten goal is prior to the Toronto Film Festival which is 10 September 2020..... So a soft opening by end of July / early August.
macguitar likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:02 pm

Opening Date-ish

My globalist rep really went above and beyond to track down the answer.Dear JuicyJosh,

Thank you for our interest in the Park Hyatt Toronto. Currently, the hotel is undergoing an exciting evolution and transformation. The Park Hyatt Toronto set to October 2020, this expansive renovation and the hotel’s design plans include a significant reconstruction, resulting in a re-invented Park Hyatt luxury hotel with 219 guestrooms including 40 well-appointed suites, a new 6,146 square foot ballroom, The Residence Meeting space, as well as a fully refurbished Stillwater Spa, lobby restaurant and 17th floor cocktail bar. The new design incorporates all of Park Hyatt amenities and services offered today

For the most updated information and availability you may visit (url removed, first post)

We look forward to welcoming you to Hyatt soon!

Best regards,

My Rep
Guest Care Support
Hyatt Global Contact Center
escape4 and RMZ2006 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 5:52 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
This hotel was the biggest dump and a disgrace to the Park brand before it closed for renovations. Musty old rooms and facilities. I certainly hope the engineers can do something about the noise from the trains in the subway below rumbling up and down the building at all hours. It was so bad that after I complained I was given nearly the cost of my stay back in points.

Look forward to the new iteration. Until then it's the tired Hyatt Regency.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
This hotel was the biggest dump and a disgrace to the Park brand before it closed for renovations. Musty old rooms and facilities. I certainly hope the engineers can do something about the noise from the trains in the subway below rumbling up and down the building at all hours. It was so bad that after I complained I was given nearly the cost of my stay back in points.

It should be done better considering it's pretty much a new build.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 2:48 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet

Had the pleasure of staying in the brand new shiny and clean prototype suite for a week sometime before the closing of the Park Hyatt Toronto
It was certainly 5 star standard though some of the decor wasn’t to my own taste as it was bit ornate
I always received quiet rooms and suites thankfully even with their older room inventory
I’m ok with the Hyatt Regency Toronto though the accommodations can-also be tired
They do have some very good suites but they aren’t the inventory they make available to Globalists sadly so YMMV unfortunately
Old Dec 19, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I recently heard that they are closed now until June 2021... This must be a very very extensive renovation.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cfabar1
I recently heard that they are closed now until June 2021... This must be a very very extensive renovation.
Considering its practically a new build from scratch.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Considering its practically a new build from scratch.
I wonder if it'll still be a cat 4
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:08 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
It continues to be listed as a Cat 4. Right now rates for Toronto hotels for next Summer are quite low... For example Sheraton can be had for $200 or so a night.... I'm not sure going up to Cat 5 or higher, at least initially, is a viable strategy whilst Toronto hotel rates are so depressed generally.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1
This must be a very very extensive renovation.
Or just a result of COVID-19?
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 1:34 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Daftryan
I wonder if it'll still be a cat 4
It just moved up to cat 6.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by valdor
It just moved up to cat 6.
Wow...that's a steep hike.
I don't think I've seen a hotel jumping 2 categories at once before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.