Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:06 pm

Question GH Concierge

Can anyone tell me how good GH's concierge is with landing reservations? I've use both Andaz and PH in Tokyo and they both seemed to be OK--can be hit or miss. Was wondering if GH is similar, thank you!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:33 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by soojin
Can anyone tell me how good GH's concierge is with landing reservations? I've use both Andaz and PH in Tokyo and they both seemed to be OK--can be hit or miss. Was wondering if GH is similar, thank you!
About the same more hit than miss
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Originally Posted by soojin
Get the chief concierge on it and you'll get results. Some restaurants are just out of their hands due to past guests' poor behavior. Adrian at PH has always been phenomenal for me and Ms. Abe here too.

Last edited by Aventine; Mar 3, 2019 at 11:56 pm
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:04 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Aventine
Get the chief concierge on it and you'll get results. Some restaurants are just out of their hands due to past guests' poor behavior. Adrian at PH has always been phenomenal for me and Ms. Abe here too.
Well said good tip!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:47 am

Thank you for your response, Aventine!

When I stayed at PH last year, I was in contact with Adrian and then it seemed like he would only reply when his subordinates weren't available. I'm assuming when you say, "Get the chief concierge..." you mean to contact them to their individual Hyatt e-mail address?

I've heard good things about Ms. Abe as well, so I'm wondering how I should go about contacting her directly for my next visit.

Thanks again!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:49 am

Wink

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thank you for the reply!

My SO wants to try spending a few nights at GH since we've already stayed at the Andaz and PH last year, so I'm doing my research beforehand--reading some good things about it so far!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:00 pm

...Adrian at PH has always been phenomenal for me and Ms. Abe here too.
You’ve just mentioned two of Hyatt’s very best long time employees in Tokyo^
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

You’ve just mentioned two of Hyatt’s very best long time employees in Tokyo^
Assuming he's still there, Kitano-san is my #1.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone know if it's possible to purchase the new Grand Hyatt exclusive Chichibu whisky to go, or is it only for consumption in Maduro lounge? They are selling it by the bottle so it's a little confusing.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Anyone have comments on GH vs. Prince Gallery? This would be an award stay at GH (paid at PG). Only Explorist, but could use club access award at GH. Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think that Prince Gallery has recently opted out of offering club access to Marriott elites that aren't staying in a club room.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I think that Prince Gallery has recently opted out of offering club access to Marriott elites that aren't staying in a club room.
Yes, they have. They offer breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, they have. They offer breakfast in the restaurant.
In that case, PG breakfast will be a massive upgrade from GHT club breakfast.

Locationwise, I am not a fan of PG.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just checked into the GH Tokyo for a 2 night stay, on a Prive rate. 41k yen/night, which is certainly not "cheap"... but definitely worth every penny. I got upgraded to an executive suite, which is beautiful. Amenity waiting for me in the room when I arrived.

I wish I was going to be here for longer. But I'm only in Tokyo for 4 nights and I had some cat 1-4 certs that were about to expire so I'm doing my last 2 nights at the HR. I'm looking forward to spending time in Shinjuku though -- I didn't make it there last time. So it's not all bad.

I seriously love this hotel though. Last time I "only" got a deluxe king, which I was very happy with. This suite blows it away though. I really will be sad to leave after only 2 nights. Next year I'm gonna do a whole week here and use a TSU.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Next year I'm gonna do a whole week here and use a TSU.
Methinks those two conditions are going to be mutually exclusive. The chances of stringing a suite upgrade with a TSU for five nights at the GHT are very, very low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.