Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2024, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by yoflyma
Access to all areas.
The discussions about “All Areas” was relevant to the Gym/Pool/Lockers. For Grand Club you will need to satisfy one of the following:
  • Book a room designated as having club access
  • World of Hyatt Globalist
  • Use Club Access award
  • Booked as Guest of Honor
Old Mar 10, 2024, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
The discussions about “All Areas” was relevant to the Gym/Pool/Lockers. For Grand Club you will need to satisfy one of the following:
  • Use Club Access award
  • Be invited by a guest satisfying one of the above and paying an access fee (variable depending on the time and not offered during periods of peak access)
Old Mar 10, 2024, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
  • Use Club Access award
Ah ok, that makes sense now. With grand club access I can get a free breakfast, tea and snacks.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
  • Be invited by a guest satisfying one of the above and paying an access fee (variable depending on the time and not offered during periods of peak access)
Good catch. Though to be honest, I didn’t think about that option since I think it would be mostly used if say you wanted to invite a friend over to hang out with you during happy hour. But I could see if you could use that for a friend that was also staying at the hotel.

Originally Posted by yoflyma
Ah ok, that makes sense now. With grand club access I can get a free breakfast, tea and snacks.
Also evening canapés and drinks.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:56 am

This hotel just released a ton of award availability for the upcoming summer (at least the days I was looking at in July) when previously my dates had zero award availability. I got the suite I wanted, good luck!
kaiotes likes this.

Last edited by miadeals; Apr 2, 2024 at 10:36 am Reason: I meant this upcoming summer, not next summer
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
I was expecting mayhem and a completely overrun club lounge last weekend but despite a fully sold out hotel the club lounge was never really full.

Veuve Clicquot is still the champagne of choice during cocktail hour and they pour generously.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by miadeals
This hotel just released a ton of award availability for next summer (at least the days I was looking at in July) when previously my dates had zero award availability. I got the suite I wanted, good luck!
Thanks for the heads up! Applied a SUA for the executive king for July.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by miadeals
This hotel just released a ton of award availability for next summer (at least the days I was looking at in July) when previously my dates had zero award availability. I got the suite I wanted, good luck!
you mean THIS July, right?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by jbandy10
you mean THIS July, right?
Yea that's what I meant, I'm tired all the time lol. I had a refundable reservation for this July at the Conrad but didn't have much hope a suite would become available here and couldn't believe my luck last night. Sounds like they opened the awards up!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:45 pm

Check your reservations!
My upgraded booking now shows they are now charging me cat 7 rates for my stay
Old Apr 16, 2024, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77
I was expecting mayhem and a completely overrun club lounge last weekend but despite a fully sold out hotel the club lounge was never really full.

Veuve Clicquot is still the champagne of choice during cocktail hour and they pour generously.
The lounge was a zoo last weekend for the breakfast when we got there at 8:30. We only had to wait 5-10min for the table, though. Way better if you can get there shortly after opening.

Cherry blossom still going strong at Roppongi Hills, as of a few days ago. The night light up was beautiful.

This is just a great hotel in a beautiful complex. Stayed at PH for the first time, but I like the GH better.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:53 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Meh, found the hotel decidedly middling on our recent stay. The standard rooms just have such a poor layout. Club lounge breakfast is weak compared to similarly positioned hotels (say, GH Fukuoka, IC Strings/Osaka) and evening hour is a zoo. Veuve is flowing freely, but the food offerings are nothing to write home about, and it's just so, so busy, with other guests and staff bumping into you around the buffet. Different strokes for different folks, so if you like the place, enjoy. I haven't stayed here with appreciable frequency since 2015, and this recent stay reminded me of why. I wonder if there's anyone who pays those rates of 300,000 yen they post on busy weekends, for the standard room, or 400,000 for a club room? Should make the move to Cat 7 more palatable, at least; honey, we saved $14,000 on our 4-night stay, what a smart redemption!

On a practical note, we took the Limousine Bus to NRT. I've never been a fan of the Limousine Bus, just find it maddening how it trundles from one hotel to the next for half an hour+ before getting on the freeway. Post-Covid, the schedule has been reduced significantly. The bus from GHT now calls at the usual area hotels, then gets on the freeway and heads to TCAT, where in our case it sat for 22 minutes and filled up completely. I had assumed that -like in the past- a scheduled 12:25 arrival would get in no later than 11:45, but nope, we arrived pretty much on the dot.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
Meh, found the hotel decidedly middling on our recent stay. The standard rooms just have such a poor layout. Club lounge breakfast is weak compared to similarly positioned hotels (say, GH Fukuoka, IC Strings/Osaka) and evening hour is a zoo. Veuve is flowing freely, but the food offerings are nothing to write home about, and it's just so, so busy, with other guests and staff bumping into you around the buffet. Different strokes for different folks, so if you like the place, enjoy. I haven't stayed here with appreciable frequency since 2015, and this recent stay reminded me of why. I wonder if there's anyone who pays those rates of 300,000 yen they post on busy weekends, for the standard room, or 400,000 for a club room? Should make the move to Cat 7 more palatable, at least; honey, we saved $14,000 on our 4-night stay, what a smart redemption!

On a practical note, we took the Limousine Bus to NRT. I've never been a fan of the Limousine Bus, just find it maddening how it trundles from one hotel to the next for half an hour+ before getting on the freeway. Post-Covid, the schedule has been reduced significantly. The bus from GHT now calls at the usual area hotels, then gets on the freeway and heads to TCAT, where in our case it sat for 22 minutes and filled up completely. I had assumed that -like in the past- a scheduled 12:25 arrival would get in no later than 11:45, but nope, we arrived pretty much on the dot.
This this this 1000 percent. I agree completely with every single thing here. As I posted in an earlier post a while back, I'm mystified by the obsession with this hotel beyond the standard "oh my god free champagne" that seems to permeate reviews. It's a fine enough huge business hotel but that is about it. Given the prices, location and what is on offer, it's my least favorite Tokyo hotel of the ones I've stayed at over my 10 trips to Tokyo (HRS, PH, HCG, GH). I don't "dislike" it but it's not a choice I would pick again over several others unless the price was significantly lower to compensate for the other aspects I find unattractive or just not adding value.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:35 pm

Had a 1 night stay here last month as a Globalist, booked Grand Executive Suite King for 40k points before the category increase.
Cash rate the suite was about $1500/night. Standard 1 king room was $600-700/night, I wouldn't want to pay those rates. Not worth the money.

Room may be dated with a CD player and a ipad on top of a speaker for music but in great condition.

Spa and pool facilities were top notch.
Evening spread in the Grand Club was good. No wait for a table.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
We're staying here now and it's been a great experience so far. The king executive suite is very spacious and isn't dated at all. The staff is beyond friendly and helpful, and similar to the post above, there has been no wait in the mornings or evenings in the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.