Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The selection is wider than just highballs, but after the service returning to prepandemic levels, you will have to mix and pour yourself. Such service during the pandemic when everything was served at your seat.

There is also a pretty good champagne, used to be Louis Roederer.
Baron de Rothschild now.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Aventine
Baron de Rothschild now.
Which is not too bad either. Though a step down.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriot Gold
Is there a limit to how many people I can bring into the lounge?
Old Feb 24, 2023, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by wh333
Is there a limit to how many people I can bring into the lounge?
Up to two additional visitors in addition to the room guest. 4,500JPY for breakfast and 6,500JPY for evening cocktail fee necessary for each additional visitor.
For using meeting room, up to 8 people accepted with 13,000 JPY/hour.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by cozysuite
Up to two additional visitors in addition to the room guest. 4,500JPY for breakfast and 6,500JPY for evening cocktail fee necessary for each additional visitor.
For using meeting room, up to 8 people accepted with 13,000 JPY/hour.
Got it thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2023, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
You can make something yourself with whatever is available. There isn't anybody there to mix drinks for you though.
Just for a data point, I was trying to make my own drink and the workers jumped in and wanted to make it for me. Maybe half offering and half insisting to. I don't speak great Japanese so hard to communicate but they offered high ball which was just club soda and any of the liquors of choice. Hard to say if they would've done something different if I spoke fluently. Their English is very good but still hard to communicate certain things in English.
ainternational likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 10:00 pm

As far as breakfast goes, The Club has far exceeded my expectations. The teas are delicious and they always offer to make for you or you can just ask. They really seemed to want to make it for everyone as opposed to self serve. The fruits are great My absolute favorite are the pastries, in particular the croissants. Among of the best I've had and I've been to Paris (although that was 10 years ago so maybe my memory evades me). Regardless as far as hotel breakfasts go I thought it was great. For reference I've had breakfasts at Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal and Conrad Maldives and these are all around the same quality imo, excelling in different areas. I didn't hear great things about this club so I was pleasantly surprised.
ainternational likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by hailstorm
You can make something yourself with whatever is available. There isn't anybody there to mix drinks for you though.
Completely false. Have you ever even stayed here? Or perhaps the staff knows to avoid you. Please stop giving out incorrect information to fellow readers. If you want to qualify your own experience or opinion then mention that but general statements such as above are simple wrong and not appreciated as you’re spreading lies without rhyme or reason.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Any suggestions on where to do laundry when staying at the GHT?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ainternational
Completely false. Have you ever even stayed here? Or perhaps the staff knows to avoid you. Please stop giving out incorrect information to fellow readers. If you want to qualify your own experience or opinion then mention that but general statements such as above are simple wrong and not appreciated as you’re spreading lies without rhyme or reason.
I stayed there quite recently and no one offered to make a cocktail. They did offer to pour wines and bring additional glasses to our table. It seemed to be self pour and mix only (liquors).

Some of the Grand Club wine selection.

Last edited by Aventine; Feb 27, 2023 at 1:35 am
Old Feb 27, 2023, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Any suggestions on where to do laundry when staying at the GHT?
Just key in dry cleaner to Google maps when you are at the hotel, options will pop up. I see 4 neighbourhood shops within 10 minutes walk. They are perfectly adequate, and quite cheap and do both dry cleaning and laundry. Language might be a bit of a barrier, as they likely will have little to no English skills. But unless you have very specific instructions, it is probably fine.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Just key in dry cleaner to Google maps when you are at the hotel, options will pop up. I see 4 neighbourhood shops within 10 minutes walk. They are perfectly adequate, and quite cheap and do both dry cleaning and laundry. Language might be a bit of a barrier, as they likely will have little to no English skills. But unless you have very specific instructions, it is probably fine.
Thank you!
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:15 pm

Noticed there is a link to “Operational Changes” for the Nagomi Spa & Fitness:

https://www.tokyo.grand.hyatt.co.jp/...kyo-Nagomi.pdf

They mention wearing a face mask inside the facility. Do they mean even when you are on an exercise machine? Or just the common areas like the checkin, locker room, etc.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Noticed there is a link to “Operational Changes” for the Nagomi Spa & Fitness:

https://www.tokyo.grand.hyatt.co.jp/...kyo-Nagomi.pdf

They mention wearing a face mask inside the facility. Do they mean even when you are on an exercise machine? Or just the common areas like the checkin, locker room, etc.
They mean while on an exercise machine. Or at least they did until recently. Has been a bit since I was there, but the text has not changed. 13th of March and 8th of May are the two next steps of changed recommendations and regulations from the government, so expect it to go away within that time out look.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I stayed there last November and except for the check-in area and walking to/from the pool/gym/locker room areas, nobody wore masks, the text notwithstanding. Also, the pool and the locker room/spa area had (has?) a timed reservation system, but once you signed up you could stay as long as you'd like, nobody checked on you.

In other words, high-concept kabuki, the Japanese are good at that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.