Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2023, 2:35 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Stayed here recently. We didn't get the card mentioned by randomj1995 in #268, it was more like the experience of parrotheadmjb in #264 where whatever we ordered was taken off. We didn't go too crazy though, we just ordered what we could eat which was about an item or two per person plus a beverage. While it is true that New Orleans has some of the best food around, we didn't find the breakfast abysmal: it was perfectly serviceable. For example, we weren't mad about the beignets. The coffee/cappuccinos however, were pretty bad. Bar has some reasonable looking happy hour specials (3-6pm M-F).

The renovation as mentioned by 59Impala in #269 turned out quite nicely in the common spaces; our room however seemed drab, dark, and the furniture was no more than functional. The pool is nothing special either. Staff was friendly and a highlight of the visit. We had an inner-courtyard room and could still hear a bit of the noise from the neighborhood; not bad enough to disturb sleep though. In other words, if you're a light sleeper, the property might still be passable (in our opinion). HVAC was just fine. Hot water wasn't very hot, but you can live. Toiletries were Bee Kind, which seems HC brand-standard.

We'd probably be willing to stay at the HC again, but we're not chomping at the bit. The Eliza Jane might actually be more suitable to us; quieter neighborhood, better designed and more interestingly furnished common spaces.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 10:29 am

Any Globalists stay here on days when they serve brunch (Fri, Sat, Sun)? How does that work? Can I order, just as an example, a Po Boy sandwich off the brunch menu at 1pm and have it count as my Globalist breakfast? Thanks.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fly2fish
Any Globalists stay here on days when they serve brunch (Fri, Sat, Sun)? How does that work? Can I order, just as an example, a Po Boy sandwich off the brunch menu at 1pm and have it count as my Globalist breakfast? Thanks.
I came to this thread looking for the answer to this question.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 5:43 pm

Here now and apparently they said because the destination fee is waived for globalists that we don't get the welcome drink? Is this correct?
Old Feb 20, 2024, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
I came to this thread looking for the answer to this question.
I ordered off the brunch menu last month (po boy was actually pretty good for a hotel) and everything was waived when I checked out.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Littlehamsterz
Here now and apparently they said because the destination fee is waived for globalists that we don't get the welcome drink? Is this correct?
I received two drinks tickets at check in last month. They were in my welcome letter.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Littlehamsterz
I've had a tough time getting anything included in the destination fee as a globalist for this exact "reason" - I'll be there next week and can give another data point
Old Feb 29, 2024, 3:17 pm

Checked in today no issue getting any of the resort fee benefits. They gave me an envelope with the drink coupons etc. and details on the breakfast benefit (entree, juice, coffee, no room service) attached.

Somehow got automatically upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite despite the hotel being sold out and booking on a guaranteed rate. The concept of the room is a little weird, both rooms have their own keys and you have to set it up as an adjoining room from inside. The "living room" (which is huge), clearly can't be a standalone room, so not sure why they're marked as two rooms.

Service has been phenomenal thus far, from the doormen to the front desk.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 10:46 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by skydelt
Service has been phenomenal thus far, from the doormen to the front desk.
I had the same experience in January - was really well orchestrated. Kudos to the team there.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 5:30 pm

Checked out today, an enjoyable stay and would stay there again I've had a lot of bad Centric experiences and pleased to report this broke the streak

Service was top notch across the hotel from bellhops to front desk to Holmes and was very responsive via text too which I appreciate

Globalist breakfast never made it to my bill, which I also appreciate, and was pretty solid each day.

​The two free drinks are nice, but if you're paying for it, the resort fee inclusions are particularly ridiculous.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by skydelt
Checked out today, an enjoyable stay and would stay there again I've had a lot of bad Centric experiences and pleased to report this broke the streak

Service was top notch across the hotel from bellhops to front desk to Holmes and was very responsive via text too which I appreciate

Globalist breakfast never made it to my bill, which I also appreciate, and was pretty solid each day.

​The two free drinks are nice, but if you're paying for it, the resort fee inclusions are particularly ridiculous.
Just finished a stay here and they refused to give me a suite despite having used a Suite Upgrade Award, which was confirmed for several weeks in my account and also the email that was sent prior to my stay. No explanation, no apology, no excuse, just "I see it in the reservation but you lost it". I asked the next day again, and same result. Manager wouldn't even come out of the office to tell me themself, when the clerk went back and apparently discussed it with them for several minutes. Also couldn't or wouldn't give me the suite award back, "call Hyatt". Bizarre.

I've stayed here 5 prior times, so know that a suite is not a big deal here, but I've already mapped out my stays for most of the year and doubt I'll be able to use this elsewhere. And i would have used my cat 4 certs here if I wasn't using a suite upgrade, super irritating.

I love the location, but the first room they gave me was on the bourbon street side and there was a pickle drummer kid under my balcony for 3 hours the first night. Ask for an interior room.
Regarding some of the recent data points, I did get the 2 free drinks. I only had the breakfast once as we didn't want to eat that early the other days, it was pretty good and never showed up on the bill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.