Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
" This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in December 2018." from the Hilton Website when I just now checked rates for January.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:24 pm

Hyatt Regency Montreal will undergo a brand change, effective 12:00 a.m. EST December 19, 2018 and at this time, its name will change and it will no longer be affiliated with Hyatt. The hotel will continue normal business operations throughout this brand transition and remains dedicated to providing exceptional service to our guests during the process. Reservations for all future dates will be honored and may be made through Hyatt channels until December 18, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST.

Also effective 12:00 a.m. EST December 19, 2018, World of Hyatt members will not be eligible for program benefits when staying at this hotel, including earning and redeeming points. World of Hyatt members with award reservations for stays at this hotel December 19, 2018 and beyond may contact Hyatt’s Global Reservations Center at 1-800-344-9288 or visit hyatt.com for alternative redemption locations.

Source https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...rm/news-events
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
FWIW - Front desk tells me Hilton elite breakfast will be continental in the current Regency lounge and not in the restaurant.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
The breakfast in the Regency lounge features a whole ham each morning off of which slices are carved, like a Sunday dinner! I wonder if this will continue into the Doubletree days?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Brendan
The breakfast in the Regency lounge features a whole ham each morning off of which slices are carved, like a Sunday dinner! I wonder if this will continue into the Doubletree days?
Seems like the ham would be the first to go.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:01 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by seawolf
FWIW - Front desk tells me Hilton elite breakfast will be continental in the current Regency lounge and not in the restaurant.
And I think that says a lot about the mindset of the property’s management. While Doubletree is indeed incredibly inconsistent within the Hilton portfolio, the one good thing about the flag is that a number of North American properties go above and beyond and allow Hilton elites full access to the restaurant buffet for breakfast. With a number of North American Hiltons offering a meager continental breakfast in the lounge or a $10-15 voucher for the lobby Starbucks, those Doubletrees that go above and beyond have been a minor bright spot in the North American portfolio.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:16 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by dw
And I think that says a lot about the mindset of the property’s management. While Doubletree is indeed incredibly inconsistent within the Hilton portfolio, the one good thing about the flag is that a number of North American properties go above and beyond and allow Hilton elites full access to the restaurant buffet for breakfast.
Fully agreed. I rarely see any kind of Hilton-family hotel where Diamonds cannot have free (full) breakfast in the restaurant. That is actually one of the strong point of the Hilton chain relative to Hyatt, Marriott, Starwood, and Fairmont (Accor). If DT Montreal limits breakfast in the lounge, it will stand out, not in a good way. Even when it was Hyatt Regency, Globalists could have breakfast in the restaurant despite the existence of the lounge.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:56 pm

Wow! It's already Dec. 13 & rooms still cannot be booked on hilton.com for stays on/ after Dec. 19 !
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:30 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Brendan
Wow! It's already Dec. 13 & rooms still cannot be booked on hilton.com for stays on/ after Dec. 19 !
So it is not only "bad Hyatt IT", also other chains have "bad IT"
I must admit, Hyatt IT has improved in my opinion, but that is another topic.
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:25 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Please continue discussions on this property in the Hilton forum!!

thanks!

peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Wow! Good thing that I am also a HHONORS Diamond for 2019.

Wondering if I should cancel with Hyatt and rebook under Hilton?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Take it for what it is worth. Was told by a staff at Doubletree that an Andaz will be coming to Montreal.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:22 am

Indeed

http://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Hyatt-...in-Montreal,QC
Old May 22, 2019, 11:03 am

Wow! If true, this would be absolutely amazing. Andaz Montreal is very fitting. They did a great job with Andaz Ottawa. I'd love to see this brand expand on Canada.

Crossing fingers. Thanks escape! The job posting expired so I'm hoping that is good news!
Old May 22, 2019, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Wow! If true, this would be absolutely amazing. Andaz Montreal is very fitting. They did a great job with Andaz Ottawa. I'd love to see this brand expand on Canada.

Crossing fingers. Thanks escape! The job posting expired so I'm hoping that is good news!
I agree, Montreal would be perfect for the Andaz brand and would be a significant upgrade over Hyatt Regency. This is also a competitive space that Andaz can thrive in because Hilton only has an HGI, Embassy Suites, and now the DoubleTree, but no Conrad or Hilton. Marriott has a Ritz Carlton but that is not what Andaz would be directly competing with, below that there is an aging W and middling Sheraton + Marriott. I guess Renaissance would be comparable to Andaz in a way, same for Accor with Fairmont and Sofitel. But I can see a moderate void to fill and Andaz could build a following in Mtl. As you pointed out, the Andaz in Ottawa is fantastic and my favorite hotel in Ottawa by a long shot, way better than Westin and Fairmont.
cruisingmickey likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.