Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I just completed a 4 night stay here. I used a DSU which moved me to a Jr suite. There were problems with wifi reception that apparelntly could only be solved by moving me to a regular room. After two frustrating days with no wifi, I was ready for any solution.
A couple of comments on the renovation. The desks are so thin to be unusable. They hung the tv right over the desk making it impossible to sit at the desk and watch tv, in my opinion.
That lady that worked in the Regency Club sure wasn't very friendly. The RC needs refurbishment and redesign badly. The bar situation in the RC there is a bit weird. You have to tell her what you want and she goes and gets it. Is this because they need a better set up or because they're paranoid about folks sneaking drinks. I suspect it is the latter.... just a vibe I got. Now the signs about no taking out food or beverage gave me this vibe.
Not my best stay that I've had here.... I'd go back just because it is the only hyatt
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Renard
I just completed a 4 night stay here. I used a DSU which moved me to a Jr suite. There were problems with wifi reception that apparelntly could only be solved by moving me to a regular room. After two frustrating days with no wifi, I was ready for any solution.
A couple of comments on the renovation. The desks are so thin to be unusable. They hung the tv right over the desk making it impossible to sit at the desk and watch tv, in my opinion.
That lady that worked in the Regency Club sure wasn't very friendly. The RC needs refurbishment and redesign badly. The bar situation in the RC there is a bit weird. You have to tell her what you want and she goes and gets it. Is this because they need a better set up or because they're paranoid about folks sneaking drinks. I suspect it is the latter.... just a vibe I got. Now the signs about no taking out food or beverage gave me this vibe.
Not my best stay that I've had here.... I'd go back just because it is the only hyatt
Probably the latter and she never did her job without serious shade...

There's plenty of StarRiott ones though.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:32 pm

cancellation policy

I was looking at random days in September and all their rates are non-refundable, including all points reservations.

Out of curiosity, anyone know why? Is there a major festival in September?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kevneerg
I was looking at random days in September and all their rates are non-refundable, including all points reservations.

Out of curiosity, anyone know why? Is there a major festival in September?
I would give Hyatt a call. Chances are whoever loaded the rates messed up. No reason why a rack rate or points would be Full Prepayment/No Refund/No Changes.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:00 am
Original Member

Was actually upgraded this time due to Glob but only after prodding.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Was actually upgraded this time due to Glob but only after prodding.
did they upgrade you to the jr suite/executive suite? is it one of the newly renovated ones? any photos? curious to see how the new rooms look. i was there a few years ago. good location, but the entire place needs updating.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:14 am
Original Member

Suite is near elevators and not listed on hotel site. It’s one bedroom renovated.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
HR Montreal

Just finished another consecutive weekend, run 3 of 5, stay at this property last night. I was upgraded to the newly renovated Junior Suite every single weekend so far. I have to admit I am liking this benefit the most of all the changes (good and bad) made to the "Diamond" program in 2017. All rooms have been renovated now with the exception of the large Suites, and I have to say, IT LOOKS Magnifque!

Jr. Suite has a very spacious living room with a large open space in the middle for any small child to freely roam without fear of bumping into things. There is a powder room located in living room, and the full service bathroom located in the most comfortable bed in any hotel I have slept in, KING en suite. I have never experienced the Hospitality Suite on an upgrade, but was told by Dan the Asst FOM, that it is just a larger room with more seating areas, and separate eating area when describing the room.

DIA/GLOB breakfast in the Saveur Restaurant Buffet is pretty good, with plenty of hot and cold options including cold cuts ala EUR/CDG style, along with an Omelette station present. Regency Club Lounge is located next to the restaurant on the 6th Floor around the corner from the check-in counters. Open from 7am-10pm, coffee and non-alcohol beverages (sodas and bottled waters) available throughout the day with cookies served while there when light foods are not available until the evening 5pm-8pm hours. Note children under 18 are not permitted entry after 5pm daily during prime cocktail hours. Booze is not free, but wine is available on order or self serve bottles with blank receipts on the honor system and you fill out and I submit to the lounge attendant.

Overall, a very stylish looking hotel room design in the heart of Montreal. All within walking distance, to Chinatown, Old Montreal, Sherbrooke Street shopping & museums, Rue St Denis with their amazing restaurant selections etc......... (sorry for the YUL bias as it was my birthplace). One of the finer central hotels in the heart of the big city in summer that ranks up there now with the likes of the HR BOS in terms of overall location, service and feel to it.

Self parking in nice big spaces is $12 for 24h with no in/out privileges, valet is $32+tax with full in/out privileges included. On a FULL 8000 point stay, valet parking is comped as part of the DIA benefits, so it's worth considering for people traveling with cars.

Enjoy and see any FT'ers in the lounge as I will be there the next 2 weekends again.

LFC

Last edited by luvFclass; May 7, 2018 at 11:46 am Reason: typos
Old May 7, 2018, 3:55 pm
Original Member

The weekday self-park rate is $21/day. The suites by the elevators have spotty WiFi service.

The property "manages" the number of standard rooms available by reclassifying them as Regency Club access rooms despite no designated Regency Club floors.

They've also changed the breakfast policy. Previously you sat down and flash your Regency Club keycard, sign and go. Now they check you in against a guest list before sitting you down.
Old May 9, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
I am batting 1.000 on "standard rooms" availability at this property the last 2 years when I needed to be in YUL, so overall I am happy their inventory controls don't effect me for my mostly weekend stays. There is 2 parking lots across the street on Jeanne Mance in front of the main car entrance into Hotel. Their rates were $15 for overnights or $3 hourly when I inquired one time.

Very true about the revised breakfast policy, as I just gave the receptionist at Saveur my name & room# . I was not asked to sign anything upon exiting the last 2 weeks when I inquired about the check. 3 weeks ago I was asked to sign for my zero $ invoice. Only time I found the WIFI to be an issue was near the restaurant/club but in front of elevators I never checked my phone so I cannot compare.

There is quite the mix guests here from family tourists, business travelers, and a flight crew from AF / CDG over the weekend. Even the Regency Lounge was packed on Saturday afternoon of all the times. I am just happy to have a Hyatt option in Montreal for all my stays/visits here. The hotel is not perfect, but it works for me.
Old May 10, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Liquor is available in the lounge as well. The cognac is quite drinkable, some local brand.

Wonder if they'll keep the flight crew contracts after the reno is done. Winter is doable for sure, but this place can be very popular in the summer.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:46 am
Original Member

Pretty much all the major hotels will be sold out in the summer. Even the Ritz and Saint James sell out.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I reserved a stay for June 22--26 at HR Montreal, 3 nights standard room @ (4000 points + C$70) per + the 4th night RC room @12K because standard rooms were unavailable. On arrival, the receptionist probably noticed that I had stayed there a few times before, so he upgraded me to RC for all 4 nights ! Even though my Discoverist status had expired May 31!
Due to flight delays, I stayed one more night @ 12K, then flew home on June 27 without incident.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:38 pm

Just got a call From Hyatt canceling my Hyatt point redemption stay for July of 2019. This hotel is changing to a Hilton Doubletree starting Dec 2017 and will not honor Hyatt Point redemption reservations....

Should note they are honoring Paid reservations but not Points reservations. They offered to let me book a cash stay for $389/night CAD. Pretty annoying as I had a reservation for 8K points a night.
Brendan likes this.

Last edited by Trinob; Aug 31, 2018 at 6:42 pm Reason: More info
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:36 pm

Just got a VM on this, asking for me to call back. I almost rather just cancel than to call back if the only option is to book a paid rate.
Brendan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.