Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by hedoman
Then you should stay on the 12th floor on your next visit to Incline.
The Hyatt Incline is not near an airport or a highway. We usually don't open the windows there anyway.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 1:33 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Is the F&B situation still a voucher for a cold meal (sandwich, side, drink)?
Old Jul 16, 2021, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Is the F&B situation still a voucher for a cold meal (sandwich, side, drink)?
As of about 2 weeks ago, yes. However, they do have hot paninis which I find delicious and are covered by the voucher. Same with several breakfast items.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 8:57 pm

Will be here in a couple of weeks, happy to answer any questions.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 9:25 pm

Am staying at the hotel now and will be happy to answer any questions. There are a lot more people staying here now but not crowded. The bar is open and serving drinks and food. Restaurant is still closed.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Am staying at the hotel now and will be happy to answer any questions. There are a lot more people staying here now but not crowded. The bar is open and serving drinks and food. Restaurant is still closed.
How's globalist recognition nowadays?
Old Aug 4, 2021, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
How's globalist recognition nowadays?
You are given a choice of points or vouchers for an appetizer (hot & cold sandwiches or salad and drink) and breakfast (hot & cold) at the 360Market (take-away). Globalists are also given upgrades to jr. suites when available.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:49 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Experienced a DYKWIA moment at the market about a week ago. Two globalists using breakfast coupons took like 10 minutes to order and backed up the line around the corner. Cashier lady told the person behind them that if they were ready she could check them out while the globs were looking at the menu — to which the globs responded “are you seriously going to let someone cut in front of ‘VIP’ guests?”

You would’ve thought that the shared guest experience of herniating a disc on the shuttle from the airport to save $40 over the Grand Hyatt would elicit some friendly camaraderie among us line-waiters, but alas it appeared not as these globs continued to hold up the line debating the merits of adding an off-menu side of avocado to their pancakes.

That wasn’t the worst of it, though.

They then proceeded to order a ton of entrees. When the lady behind the counter clarified that they’ll have to pay for additional entrees beyond one a piece and asked for their room numbers, one of them piped up, somehow taking it as an offense, and proceeded to say “Lady, if it was $300, I could afford it. I don’t even need this coupon. I’m a f**king globalist. I could buy this entire hotel if I wanted to.”

The whole time I was just thinking to myself — bro, I paid like less than $90 for this room and felt guilty about asking for extra washcloths last night. Plus, I’m pretty sure the fellow globalist behind me is a traveling shower curtain ring salesman who’s highlight of the week was when he was upgraded to an intermediate sedan at the Avis counter . We ain’t that special! Really wanted to speak up and say tone it down a notch, but then thought better of starting an argument first thing in the morning lol. I hadn’t had my coffee yet!

Felt bad for the lady behind the counter so I gave her a decent tip and quietly added that “we aren’t all like that.”

I know that this is kind of off topic but just wanted to share a funny anecdote haha. I’ve had other DYKWIA experiences but none at an airport hotel before!!
JIMCHI, mcgahat and MSPeconomist like this.

Last edited by blahmeh14; Aug 5, 2021 at 2:03 am
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by blahmeh14
Experienced a DYKWIA moment at the market about a week ago. Two globalists using breakfast coupons took like 10 minutes to order and backed up the line around the corner. Cashier lady told the person behind them that if they were ready she could check them out while the globs were looking at the menu — to which the globs responded “are you seriously going to let someone cut in front of ‘VIP’ guests?”

You would’ve thought that the shared guest experience of herniating a disc on the shuttle from the airport to save $40 over the Grand Hyatt would elicit some friendly camaraderie among us line-waiters, but alas it appeared not as these globs continued to hold up the line debating the merits of adding an off-menu side of avocado to their pancakes.

That wasn’t the worst of it, though.

They then proceeded to order a ton of entrees. When the lady behind the counter clarified that they’ll have to pay for additional entrees beyond one a piece and asked for their room numbers, one of them piped up, somehow taking it as an offense, and proceeded to say “Lady, if it was $300, I could afford it. I don’t even need this coupon. I’m a f**king globalist. I could buy this entire hotel if I wanted to.”

The whole time I was just thinking to myself — bro, I paid like less than $90 for this room and felt guilty about asking for extra washcloths last night. Plus, I’m pretty sure the fellow globalist behind me is a traveling shower curtain ring salesman who’s highlight of the week was when he was upgraded to an intermediate sedan at the Avis counter . We ain’t that special! Really wanted to speak up and say tone it down a notch, but then thought better of starting an argument first thing in the morning lol. I hadn’t had my coffee yet!

Felt bad for the lady behind the counter so I gave her a decent tip and quietly added that “we aren’t all like that.”

I know that this is kind of off topic but just wanted to share a funny anecdote haha. I’ve had other DYKWIA experiences but none at an airport hotel before!!
How gross - some people really don't know how to act in public. Life is a whole lot easier when you go through it being nice to others (and not being a pompous jerk).
Old Aug 6, 2021, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
What's the situation for the Lounge? Open or closed, and if open, what are the offerings currently?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's the situation for the Lounge? Open or closed, and if open, what are the offerings currently?
Regency Club is closed. I don't see it reopening until the hotel has a lot of business travel back again. As I mentioned above, in lieu of the club, the hotel gives Globalists vouchers for an appetizer +soft drink and also breakfast from the takeout place next to the bar.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 7:21 pm

I'm here now, and I have to say I'm horribly let down. Was proactively upgraded to a business Suite before checking in and I thought my trip was going to get off to a great start. Unfortunately the business Suite has no desk which is a no-go for me since I have to work as this is a business trip. Also the TV Chromecast is not work.

I call down to the front desk and they move me to a business King facing outward so I have a much better View oh, and there is a desk, but once again the Chromecast does not work.

also there are no vouchers for dinner appetizers or soft drinks. I asked specifically about that and they said no the vouchers are only for breakfast. I don't know what happened between when JIMCHI stayed and I did but apparently standards dropped.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 7:37 pm

Stayed here recently as well. I asked about the vouchers for the evening and was told I could go purchase something from the market. Used the breakfast voucher but it took an hour to get a simple breakfast. Waited in line for 15 min then waited 45 min for the food to come out.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 8:34 pm

Wow ! I'm surprised ! We stayed there 10 days ago and had no problems. I don't know what Chromecast is and don't use it so can't comment on that, but we did have appetizer and breakfast vouchers. The vouchers even said "Globalist" on them.I'm looking online and the "business suite" shows a desk and the description even says it has a "spacious workstation". If you get a survey after your stay (I always do) make a big complaint about your issues. Technically a hotel doesn't have to give you any appetizers or soft drinks, only breakfast if the Club is closed or if there is no Club. Maybe they are going to stick to the rules now. I don't understand the delay in getting breakfast. The voucher is only good for things they have right there at the 360Market which they just heat up in an oven right behind them- maybe 1 minute or so. I guess they can't control much if 20 people all show up at the same time. We've never had that happen.

Last edited by JIMCHI; Aug 16, 2021 at 8:41 pm
Old Aug 16, 2021, 9:01 pm

So it took 3 room changes to get a room where a chromecast worked... Smh...the engineer was nice but he worked in my room for like 40 minutes while he was trying to get it to work... Just not a nice stay...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.