Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Baku: Hyatt Regency (was Park) andRegency (no longer Hyatt) JOIREVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baku: Hyatt Regency (was Park) andRegency (no longer Hyatt) JOIREVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2002, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Talking Baku: Hyatt Regency (was Park) andRegency (no longer Hyatt) JOIREVIEW - MASTER THREAD

I am planning to stay in Baku for two night in September. Haven't tried any of the Hyatts there yet.

The Hyatt Regency appears to have no RC, Park Hyatt does, but is also twice as expensive. Would like to seek your advice on value for money. Is the Park Hyatt worth it? Quality of RC? Location?

Thanks for your advice.
Old Aug 12, 2002, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
No experience with either of them. Park
Hyatt is newer, more expensive and should of course have Park standards. Both seem to be in walking distance so why not splitting up your stay to both hotels?

Muerz

Of course you should also write a review for my Hyatt review website at www.union.lu/hyatt
Old Aug 13, 2002, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Nice idea, Muerz, maybe I'll do as you suggest and split my trip.

As regards a review for your website, I'd be pleased to do that. If you are interested, I did write a short review of the Istanbul Hyatt Regency for another website a year ago. The target audience there was general interest / travel, thus the review may not be detailed enough for regular Hyatt hoppers. But I could elaborate on that if you wish. Here is the link:
http://www.igougo.com/planning/journ...7&EntryID=6577
Old Aug 30, 2002, 5:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
@ HajoFlyer:

I have been on holidays so I could not comment work on your review of the Hyatt Regency Istanbul. On my return I went to the IgoUgo site, read your review and worked a bit on it to fit your comments in my categories. To post it on my website I need three more things:

Some lines of review on Dining
Your personal appreciation/opinion on this hotel
And the ratings:

Rooms out of 30
Public Spaces out of 25
Service out of 25
Dining out of 20

Greetings

Muerz
Old Feb 9, 2003, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
I wanted to bump this one up as I might me be in Baku for a couple nights in late March. Does anyone have any information about these properties or for that matter the city itself? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 7:04 pm

Baku, Azerbaijan Park Hyatt review

The hotel complex is unique: three unconnected buildings sitting side by side, one a Hyatt Regency, the second a Park Hyatt, and the third a Hyatt conference center with rental apartments. The Park Hyatt is obviously the nicer of the two hotels and has a regency club which serves the top two floors, one restaurant (very good), a large lobby lounge like those typically found in other european and asian properties (with copious amounts of cigarette and cigar smoke), and a large, three-level fitness center in a separate building. Rooms are large and well-appointed. Good security. Hotel transportation from the airport is pricy and runs $70.00 USD one-way for a Nissan SUV and $40.00 for a smaller Nissan. but well worth it to avoid the hassle of airport taxis. The hotel will assist in providing the confirmation necessary to secure a visa. Extremely helpful staff, especially in the club. Internet access in rooms costs around $10 per hour, while the fitness center has an internet cafe with two computers, which run around $4 per hour. Baku is not well-known, but is an interesting city to visit, and the Park Hyatt has the nicest accommodations in town.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 10:53 pm

Thumbs up which hyatt in baku?

Will be there 4 days. where is the best place to stay?Regency or Park Hyatt?is there abetter hotel?

Last edited by martino; Jan 15, 2006 at 7:53 am Reason: incomplete
Old Jan 15, 2006, 9:07 am

Baku Hyatts

Originally Posted by martino
Will be there 4 days. where is the best place to stay?Regency or Park Hyatt?is there abetter hotel?
Both hotels are located adjacent to each other so location is not a decising issue. Using my corporate rate, the Park Hyatt is $35 more. However, the Park Hyatt has a Regency Club. There is not a dramatic difference in the rooms.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:56 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
RU going 2 Baku for work/ business?

Why does Hyatt Corp. need 2 hotels in Baku, Azerbaijan--esp. next door to each other? Are there any fun vacation reasons 2 go 2 Baku, other than experiencing Azerbaijani culture?

BTW, I notice that the rates are published in US$ per night. For information on Azerbaijani currency, including the heavy-money reform of 2006 where 1 new manat = 5000 old manat = US$1.09, go here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manat_(Azerbaijan)
Old Jan 15, 2006, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
Both hotels are located adjacent to each other so location is not a decising issue. Using my corporate rate, the Park Hyatt is $35 more. However, the Park Hyatt has a Regency Club. There is not a dramatic difference in the rooms.
thanks.
we almost never stay ay hyatt. What is the regency club?
Old Jan 16, 2006, 6:43 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by martino
thanks.
we almost never stay ay hyatt. What is the regency club?
RC is basically a lounge for guests who pay for the lounge privileges or Diamond Hyatt members who may get these lounge privileges when they stay even if not on the Club floor/rate. The lounge is basically a room that provides "complimentary" food usually some sort of a continental breakfast and appetizer type stuff in the early evening along with beverages through most of the day (different properties do have different offerings though).
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:50 pm

I believe you will be happier in the Park Hyatt. The restaurants, lounges, and public areas are much nicer than the regular Hyatt, the P.H. has a large fitness center, and it also has a very nice, albeit sometimes smoky, regency club, which is worth the extra bucks. (The P.H. has a more spacious feel to it.) I haven't seen the rooms in the regular Hyatt, but I feel confident the rooms in the P.H are nicer. One other option is a relatively new Radisson SAS, which has a superior location (center of town with views of the Caspian Sea); the P.H. is about 2 miles or so from the city center. Perhaps others can comment on that property.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 7:09 pm

Go PH

My suggestion would be for the Park Hyatt. I stay at both frequently and to be honest, there isn't that big of a difference, however I do find the rooms at the PH bigger. The hotel are literally next to each other and guests in one can use the facilities of the other. The pool/gym at PH is great. Restuarants/room service in both are great, too. RC is worth the extra. A cab ride from the hotel costs around $2 (they'll ask $5+) and takes about 5-7 minutes. Staff at the hotels are all very nice.

Enjoy Baku!
Old Apr 19, 2009, 7:17 am

Programs: TK*G, LH FT, Hilton Gold, IC Ambassador
Baku Hyatt or Park Hyatt?

Does anyone have any recent experiences of either of the two Hyatt properties in Baku? Am going there for a few nights and was wondering what they were like, if they were worth using or staying elsewhere. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 1:30 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by Humshee
The pool/gym at PH is great!
u can use it regardless of you stay at PH or HR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.