Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:58 pm

A couple more questions:

1. I booked two rooms under my name at HR Tokyo – one with me and one friend – and the other with two other friends. Will they let me extend my Diamond benefits to both rooms?

2. I called GP to upgrade my rooms to a suite using a suite upgrade award for the time I’m traveling but the rep said that none are available during my stay. Is it possible to upgrade my standard twin room to either a view deluxe twin or a club twin using a suite upgrade award?

3. Finally, it seems as though for sure the Club rooms are all renovated. Are the View Deluxe rooms renovated as well? I’ve seen a post that said they are and I’ve seen other posts where they say they aren’t.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by golfdegenerate
A couple more questions:

1. I booked two rooms under my name at HR Tokyo – one with me and one friend – and the other with two other friends. Will they let me extend my Diamond benefits to both rooms?

2. I called GP to upgrade my rooms to a suite using a suite upgrade award for the time I’m traveling but the rep said that none are available during my stay. Is it possible to upgrade my standard twin room to either a view deluxe twin or a club twin using a suite upgrade award?

3. Finally, it seems as though for sure the Club rooms are all renovated. Are the View Deluxe rooms renovated as well? I’ve seen a post that said they are and I’ve seen other posts where they say they aren’t.
1. Maybe, but they are not obligated to do so.
2. No, but you can use points to upgrade to club room.
3. Some are, some aren't.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:19 pm

Would you use points to upgrade to a club room from standard? Or is there a good chance that they'd upgrade my room to club since i'm Diamond?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:34 pm

Would you use points to upgrade to a club room from standard? Or is there a good chance that they'd upgrade my room to club since i'm Diamond?
As a diamond, you get club access even if in a standard room. I would keep the points since the difference between a club and regular room is usually small.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 6:44 pm

As Diamond, they've upgraded me to a renovated club room the three times I've booked a standard room (once on points, twice with cash).
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:44 am
She

Any luck with late check out for platinum members at this hotel?
Staying in a club room if that matters
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You're in Japan... they tend to follow the rules.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
You're in Japan... they tend to follow the rules.
100% +1

Maybe for extra money.
They will store your bags. Shower at the club?

Easy enough to email/call and ask.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by She
Any luck with late check out for platinum members at this hotel?
Staying in a club room if that matters
Platinum members should be able to stay until 2pm, as per the Platinum benefits.

I have had no problems at all staying until 4pm as a Diamond.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:47 pm
She

Good to know you've been able to extend check out, thanks! I've done the 2pm check out at Hyatt hotels in the US but wasn't sure if the same benefit extended to here. Agree with what posters above have said about them being very rule oriented.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
You will get upgraded anyway. No point of wasting any instruments in that regard.

For some reason this hotel seems to be very solidly booked off their suites. When I called they haven't had any for 2 months available for Upgrade.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:38 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
You will get upgraded anyway. No point of wasting any instruments in that regard.

For some reason this hotel seems to be very solidly booked off their suites. When I called they haven't had any for 2 months available for Upgrade.
As a Diamond, I've always gotten Club access, but not necessarily a Club room. The Club rooms are the same size as regular rooms, but the décor is dramatically more pleasing.

I understand that the hotel doesn't have very many suites, and the few they have sell, so it doesn't seem to be possible to use suite upgrades here. A better use of your suite upgrade might be to book a paid room at the Park Hyatt, and upgrade there They do seem to have plenty of suites. I wonder if you can apply a suite upgrade to a cash&points rate.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by seacarl
I understand that the hotel doesn't have very many suites, and the few they have sell, so it doesn't seem to be possible to use suite upgrades here. A better use of your suite upgrade might be to book a paid room at the Park Hyatt, and upgrade there They do seem to have plenty of suites. I wonder if you can apply a suite upgrade to a cash&points rate.
Have three nights here in a few weeks. Had no problems upgrading to the Atrium Suite, though I did it about 8 months out.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:33 am

I've always received rather mediocre upgrades at this property and although the lounge is very pleasant to sit in the food in there is essentially garbage. Every night the same hard cheese. Anyway it's better than nothing.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
I've always received rather mediocre upgrades at this property and although the lounge is very pleasant to sit in the food in there is essentially garbage. Every night the same hard cheese. Anyway it's better than nothing.
The dim sum they serve on some nights is excellent, and the fried chicken I ate there on my last stay was every bit as good as the fried chicken I ate in the Ritz Carlton lounge the following evening.

It's no Grand Hyatt, and it's a stretch to ever make a meal out of it, but to call the evening presentation "essentially garbage" is way out of line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.