Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2024, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
I can understand why someone would book this for 30k points straight as not to have to pay any cash out of pocket, but why would someone choose 15k points + $405 over $384 + 9k points (where both points and cash amounts are lower)? I'm not getting why they are even stupid enough to show that option unless I'm missing something that you're getting with that rate over the lower one that makes it worth it?
The reason is because these are all automated rates. "Points + Cash" for a premium suite is half the points cost of a premium suite + half the standard rate cost. "Premium suite points upgrade" is the standard rate for a base room plus 9000 points. Yes, often one is a better deal than the other (for higher priced properties the points upgrade is usually a steal). Hotels do not have to make either of these rates available. And certainly a hotel could make one available and not the other on a case-by-case basis. I suppose it's just not worth the bandwidth to do so if they're already ok with the better deal being available...maybe some sucker will book the wrong one on accident.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.