FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/134217-grand-hyatt-seattle-review-master-thread.html)

westcoastman Sep 13, 2005 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by srodr
I'm looking at a weekend this fall at the GH. They don't have any photos or diagrams of the different room types, so I'm looking for opinions from those that have seen the rooms.

My options are a standard room at $128, corner suite $158, emerald suite $203, or executive suite $228. I'm only a platinum so don't expect any free upgrades. Initially I was leaning toward the corner suite as the description sounded good, but then I noticed that it really isn't much larger in sq ft than the standard. And I don't see much difference in the emerald and executive rooms size. Any opinions on which would be the best deal?

Wow. A $128 rate? I have seen over $300 for most of this fall so I am not sure where you found that rate. Personally I would book the $128 simply because it is so cheap. The corner suite is not much bigger but has a small sitting area with couch, TV and desk with a short hall connecting to the bedroom (which just fits the bed and TV). I think all the rooms have the oversized bathtub with seperate shower. As a hotel elite I could never see paying over twice as much for a room upgrade but if it is for just one day or something.

Threy Sep 14, 2005 1:35 am

For only $ 30 more I would go for a corner suite...

Stayed in one in May and it was really nice, for an US property actually a nice , spacious bathroom.

lalala Sep 16, 2005 11:07 am

128 is standard state gov't rate for the Elliott GH or that is what I pay. FWIW, be prepared to show credentials. If you are diamond, you will be upgraded to a corner suite.

Great suites, not too crazy about the 03 side of the building (loud and great freeway views). My only beef is the furniture isn't as comfy as the regular exec. suites and breakfast in the RC is terrible.

lala

srodr Sep 16, 2005 10:37 pm

I'm not diamond so I guess I'll pay the $30/nt extra. The exec suite does sound nice, but another $70 on top of that...probably not worth it.

MFLetou Oct 14, 2005 11:48 pm

Just to clarify on the government right, a standard gov ID is fine right? You don't need any proof you're there on official business or anything, do you? My visit would be pleasure, but I am a fed gov employee and have an id...just want to make sure I can use this rate, which is extremely low...

My only other trepidation is with parking--apparently the self park does not have in/out priviledges, which means I'd need to do valet...not my cup of tea.

kevino Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am

You do not have to be on official government business to receive the government rate.

kevino Oct 16, 2005 12:13 am

Originally Posted by srodr
I'm not diamond so I guess I'll pay the $30/nt extra. The exec suite does sound nice, but another $70 on top of that...probably not worth it.

I think it's worth it. You might try it for one night. You know those spicy Hyatt commercials where they push a button and the shade comes down in the bedroom? That's the GH Seattle.

ldsant Dec 24, 2005 8:13 pm

Hotel Report - 12.23-24.05

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt Seattle last night (23rd) for one evening. Had never stayed here and wanted to "indulge" for the holiday season. I am a "Starwood girl" and have been for the last 8 years or so. If every stay is like this one I'm ready to switch! :D

Check-in with Marcos was professional, friendly, warm, and welcoming. He addressed me by name, welcomed me, provided a map of downtown Seattle, and asked if there was anything I would need. I had a room with a water view. #2118. The room was lovely. Best night's sleep I've had in months :)

When I returned from the spa (I was exhausted! :)) I asked the Concierge (Scott) if there was any way I could get garlic mashed potatoes at Ruth's Chris which is the restaurant in the hotel. He made arrangements with the restaurant although the kitchen was already closed. When I arrived I was seated immediately and then was told it was Happy Hour - Happy day! Martinis for $2.50 :)

The check-out was nice and friendly. I was out after noon ~12:30 and there wasn't any hassle factor at all. I was very impressed with this hotel and the staff that I encountered.

lalala Dec 25, 2005 7:31 am

This hotel rocks, lots of upgrades, friendly staff and a great RC view wise and personnel wise. They even know now not to put me on the 03 side of the building. :D

I know you were/are a Seattle girl, so skip the coffee at the hotel and walk across the street to Cafe Lladro for a decent cup and free wifi.

:)

Hmm, I think I'll go on Jan 1 for my first stay of the year.

lala

jkc22 Dec 25, 2005 9:35 am

GH Seattle....Truly at "Grand" Level...

As with everyone here, I think this property is outstanding, and arguably the only true "Grand" Hyatt brand property in the US.....most of the other ones, SF, DC, and Atlanta just simply got a "Grand" name slapped on the front door without truly offering the added amenities and services of a real "Grand" property......

I think in the cities mentioned above Hyatt just ran out of names to give to the hotels so Hyatt names each hotel under each different brand to minimize confusion.....well, it certainly caused me a LOT of confusion when I expect true "Grand" level of service at SF and DC..... :td:

I wish every "Grand" property in the US was like GH Seattle.....seems like it's are keeping its excellent history!

SEA_Tigger Dec 25, 2005 10:04 am

It's one of my favorite Grand Hyatts in the world. They really understand service and professionalism.

MFLetou Jul 26, 2006 8:29 pm

Just wanted to check in here for an update.

I've reserved a Corner Suite room...I'm particularly interesting in getting a nice view, so any advice would be appreciated. I hope I made the right decision in terms of room choice.

I BELIEVE that this hotel is where the Boston Red Sox stay when they are in Seattle...I'm hoping that indeed is the case.

Parking situation concerns me some...

Any updates/advice would be appreciated.

lalala Jul 27, 2006 12:04 am

Originally Posted by MFLetou
Just wanted to check in here for an update.

I've reserved a Corner Suite room...I'm particularly interesting in getting a nice view, so any advice would be appreciated. I hope I made the right decision in terms of room choice.

I BELIEVE that this hotel is where the Boston Red Sox stay when they are in Seattle...I'm hoping that indeed is the case.

Parking situation concerns me some...

Any updates/advice would be appreciated.

I park on the street. No problemo.

Avoid the 03 room and you should be okay.

MFLetou Jul 27, 2006 11:58 am

Is it easy to park on the street, even for a full 24 hours? No meters or rules?

Thanks for the tip.

lalala Jul 27, 2006 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by MFLetou
Is it easy to park on the street, even for a full 24 hours? No meters or rules?

Thanks for the tip.

Er, not for 24 hours, but for the night on a weekend yes. If not, there are lots of surface lots that are close by and cheaper than the GH.