Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2022, 3:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by azepine00
Thank you - sorry i was not very clear in my post... on the second topic - are masks required inside hotel? (not even remotely trying to bring any controversy - just want current status info)
Yes they are.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 3:29 pm

Planning a stay for spring break next year. My personal situation: parents, 2 elementary-aged kids, and a baby. Managed to snag a TSU suite for all but one night of a stay (concierge was able to split the booking and apply the TSU to just the first segment). We'd have to change rooms on the last day -- but that doesn't seem undoable.

Been reading up on the other Tokyo threads, but given the 5pax+Globalist+Suite combination I've got -- it really doesn't make much sense to stay anywhere else, right?
Old Oct 27, 2022, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AllThePants
Planning a stay for spring break next year. My personal situation: parents, 2 elementary-aged kids, and a baby. Managed to snag a TSU suite for all but one night of a stay (concierge was able to split the booking and apply the TSU to just the first segment). We'd have to change rooms on the last day -- but that doesn't seem undoable.

Been reading up on the other Tokyo threads, but given the 5pax+Globalist+Suite combination I've got -- it really doesn't make much sense to stay anywhere else, right?
Depends on availability but they might let you stay in the suite for all of the days. I wouldn't move to another property because this hotel is as good as it gets.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by azepine00
Thank you - sorry i was not very clear in my post... on the second topic - are masks required inside hotel? (not even remotely trying to bring any controversy - just want current status info)
Yes, face masks are required inside the hotel's public areas.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Depends on availability but they might let you stay in the suite for all of the days. I wouldn't move to another property because this hotel is as good as it gets.
Yeah - I'm nonplussed either way. I've got fingers crossed the suite opens up for that final day and I can just have my concierge extend the TSU cert period -- but even If we had to pack up and shift rooms the last day I imagine that's a good opportunity to sort through our acquired schmutz over the week and prep for the journey home anyway.

Think I'm not going to over-think it and just stick with the current plan. Suite upgrades don't seem to be available at any of the other properties for that time, and playing the game with having 2adults+2kids(+1 baby in the notes) and crossing fingers that there isn't a showdown at checkin -- when the PHT just lets you book 5 peeps with no argument -- feels like I can't really do much better.

Currently trying to convince other peeps to come on the trip with us -- but if they do they're just gonna have to fend for themselves and slum it at the Regency down the street.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:04 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steveholt
It's a ten-minute walk from one of the biggest train stations in the city. There might even be worse-located Hyatts in Tokyo, to be honest.
Shinjuku can claim a loftier declaration than that -- it is the busiest train station in the world!

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...the-world.html

Last edited by RichardInSF; Oct 27, 2022 at 6:29 pm
Old Oct 29, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: hyatt globalist
Globalists get room service breakfast comped- is there a specific limit to how much of it gets comped?
Old Oct 29, 2022, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by jlee132132
Globalists get room service breakfast comped- is there a specific limit to how much of it gets comped?
I stayed by myself and ordered the Japanese breakfast, fruit plate, and muesli. I did not see additional charge on my card. So I think the limit is pretty high.
jlee132132 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I stayed by myself and ordered the Japanese breakfast, fruit plate, and muesli. I did not see additional charge on my card. So I think the limit is pretty high.
Across any Hyatt worldwide I don't think I've ever been charged an overage as long as the order is broadly in good faith.

Even when we've attempted to stretch the order across 3 adults - usually we just load up on sides, and typically one person will have coffee, somebody else prefers OJ. It works out.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jlee132132
If there is a limit, I've not found it. The three of us ordered around 30,000 yen worth of items one day, and it was all good.
luvFclass and jlee132132 like this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by drnilescrane
Across any Hyatt worldwide I don't think I've ever been charged an overage as long as the order is broadly in good faith.
Alila Napa Valley charged us exactly $1.44 for our overage on the $70 globalist breakfast allowance for 2 people. We ordered 2 entrees, 2 breakfast beverages, and one side of bacon. I agree this isn't a problem at most properties.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Lomic
Alila Napa Valley charged us exactly $1.44 for our overage on the $70 globalist breakfast allowance for 2 people. We ordered 2 entrees, 2 breakfast beverages, and one side of bacon. I agree this isn't a problem at most properties.
PH Tokyo wants Globalist guests to enjoy and be comfortable. Won't be charging 144 yen.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:28 am

I’m planning a trip in April 2023 and excited about returning to Japan and to the hotel. I was able to book a 8 night stay with points and then used a suite upgrade award for a Park Suite King. Has anyone been upgraded beyond that when using points and an upgrade award as a Globalist? I just became a Globalist a couple of months ago and was curious.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Lomic
The one time that hotel tried doing that to me I made sure to check out in person and have them “take look over the folio” - they did take it off proactively.

That property really suffers from very green staff and unfortunately it’s not getting better.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by drnilescrane
The one time that hotel tried doing that to me I made sure to check out in person and have them “take look over the folio” - they did take it off proactively.

That property really suffers from very green staff and unfortunately it’s not getting better.
Yeah, admittedly they did take it off eventually... after I had to call in and ask why they'd charged us ~$900 for a 100% points booking. Didn't even make sense because we stayed 2 nights where the cash rate would have been $700 a night. It was like they just made up a random number and added it to our folio. Anyway, I'll stop complaining about other properties in the PHT thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.