Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
There's also a water fall that took me years to figure out. You have to turn the crank around many times.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Pickles
It's 3. A wet sauna (more like a steam room, but not quite), a high-temp dry sauna, and a lower-temp dry sauna.
The high temperature dry sauna is much too hot for me. I use only the other two.

I like that they have a cold plunge pool as well.

In nearly 25 years, I do not think any hotel has bettered the Park Hyatt for bathing, sauna, relaxation, and locker room facilities. Others like Ritz-Carlton are very nice as well, but none have surpassed the Park Hyatt’s.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: RVT 1K
Hey all, been about 4 years since I stayed at the PHT, taking an older family member on their first trip to Japan and arriving late afternoon at NRT. I know it is covered in the wiki, but is a taxi at around 7k yen much faster then two limo bus passes for nearly the same money? Looking for the smoothest and quickest route to hotel after the flight and to maximize time there.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Pickles
USD 50 grand for the ante and JPY 4K to enter as a non-Globalist guest is why you only see old rich Japanese dudes and Globalists in there.
IIRC, entry is free all day if you purchase a spa treatment.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by RS250Racer
Hey all, been about 4 years since I stayed at the PHT, taking an older family member on their first trip to Japan and arriving late afternoon at NRT. I know it is covered in the wiki, but is a taxi at around 7k yen much faster then two limo bus passes for nearly the same money? Looking for the smoothest and quickest route to hotel after the flight and to maximize time there.
7K for a taxi would be a very good deal. I thought it was roughly 25K JPY last time I checked. Narita is not Haneda; it's a long ways from Shinjuku. You can take a bus or train to the station and get a taxi from there or just take the limo bus.

Fastest, smoothest, definitely a taxi. But expect to pay a lot more.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RS250Racer
I think the taxi will be closer to 20000 yen or more than 7000 but it will definitely be faster and more comfortable than the airport limo bus.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:46 pm

NRT can be substantially more than ¥20,000. I would never do that, as the hotel car service even at approximately ¥50,000 would be a better deal.

The fastest way to go is the N’EX train and then taxi to hotel.

The Limousine Bus is my preferred option for arrival if I am not in a hurry, and want to avoid carrying bags through train stations.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
When I took a street hail taxi from the Park Hyatt to NRT last year, it cost 28,540 yen. Fortunately, my company paid for it. It was super convenient, but for that price I’d rather deal with the train - which I’m doing this year since this time it’s all for fun
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
NRT can be substantially more than ¥20,000. I would never do that, as the hotel car service even at approximately ¥50,000 would be a better deal.

The fastest way to go is the N’EX train and then taxi to hotel.

The Limousine Bus is my preferred option for arrival if I am not in a hurry, and want to avoid carrying bags through train stations.
Wow! The cost of the hotel car service is almost as much as the cost of a room at the PHT???
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by sapguy
Wow! The cost of the hotel car service is almost as much as the cost of a room at the PHT???
Yes, and believe it or not that isn’t too much more than a taxi will cost. In that sense, Tokyo hotel car transfers are more reasonably priced relative to a taxi than they are in most major cities. Still very expensive. As I said, my preferred options for NRT are N’Ex train, or the limousine bus. At under 6’, I have never been uncomfortable on the bus, and it gets me to my hotel or Shinjuku station conveniently without having to carry bags through train stations.

For departure with luggage, my preferred option is N’Ex green car, using Yamato Ta-kyu-bin baggage forwarding service to the airport. It’s comfortable, basically time definate, and not expensive.

For HND, I usually just take a taxi or hotel car. Sometimes limousine bus. Public transportation is okay, but again a pain if you have bags - a problem that can similarly can be solved with Yamato takyubin service.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Yes, and believe it or not that isn’t too much more than a taxi will cost. In that sense, Tokyo hotel car transfers are more reasonably priced relative to a taxi than they are in most major cities. Still very expensive. As I said, my preferred options for NRT are N’Ex train, or the limousine bus. At under 6’, I have never been uncomfortable on the bus, and it gets me to my hotel or Shinjuku station conveniently without having to carry bags through train stations.

For departure with luggage, my preferred option is N’Ex green car, using Yamato Ta-kyu-bin baggage forwarding service to the airport. It’s comfortable, basically time definate, and not expensive.

For HND, I usually just take a taxi or hotel car. Sometimes limousine bus. Public transportation is okay, but again a pain if you have bags - a problem that can similarly can be solved with Yamato takyubin service.
The hotel car is expensive but you'll usually be treated accordingly as a VIP and be able to go straight to your room, get a bigger room or suite, etc. I agree with Mike that Tokyo's prices are not badly priced for the ease and convenience. You could also splurge for a once in a life Rolls transfer at RC for 70000++.

I think coming in that the airport taxi or transfer is just a godsend in this kind of sweltering summer. Might as well start Tokyo in cool style!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:00 pm

I just took the Park Hyatt car service last week. I got a Toyota century as the transfer car and the driver was waiting just after customs with a sign, it was a fast 50-60 min car ride to the hotel.

Oh and no upgrade past the park suite I booked.

It’s 55000 yen for the normal car or 31000 for a upgraded taxi.
caliform likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I also used the car service (admittedly from HND) but didn't get upgraded past a suite, nor did I expect to. Are car services now a hidden upgrade vessel? That's news to me. It was an excellent service, well worth paying for.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ghzhammer
Oh and no upgrade past the park suite I booked.
It's a seller's market for luxury hotels in Tokyo now. I expect it will remain that way up through at least the Olympics.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
It's a seller's market for luxury hotels in Tokyo now. I expect it will remain that way up through at least the Olympics.

I was upgraded last fall to the diplomat suite as a globalist and having booked it with a free night award. I was also upgraded to the prince gallery suite at the prince gallery tho that was due to the hotel having it on the list of upgrades with the sna on Spg.

Last edited by ghzhammer; Aug 21, 2018 at 9:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.