Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

My first experience getting "walked" as a diamond.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM

Arrived at 2:00 am to the Hyatt Boston Harborside to be greeted by name by thenight manager as I walked in the front door and asked if we "could sit down"

He then explained that the hotel was fully committed and that they could either send me to the Courtyard Marriott or put me up in a conference room with a cot. I choose the cot.

They offered to not charge me for the stay and added 15k points as a kicker.

All in all, they did the best they could with a difficult situation.

I am not sure what the mandate is for being walked but their offer seemed very fair and I would imagine better than standard.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Vinodavid
Arrived at 2:00 am to the Hyatt Boston Harborside to be greeted by name by thenight manager as I walked in the front door and asked if we "could sit down"

He then explained that the hotel was fully committed and that they could either send me to the Courtyard Marriott or put me up in a conference room with a cot. I choose the cot.

All in all, they did the best they could with a difficult situation.

I am not sure what the mandate is for being walked but their offer seemed very fair and I would imagine better than standard.
IMHO, 15k is a good compensation. What a great job for the property in handling such problem
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Was the room next to the kitchen and was their a dog show going on at the hotel?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
While the manager is to be commended for not hiding behind a FDC being forced to sing and dance around the issue, I assume you had not checked in by phone or online earlier, (in which case I might think you would have had a right to be very upset)? Of course they shouldn't charge you for sleeping in a conference room (and its been tried), but I think stay credit is still in order.

Last edited by jayer; Apr 21, 2012 at 2:46 pm
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Vinodavid
This sounds like a very fair compensation. What category is the Hyatt oston Harborside? SPG's guideline is for enough points for 1 night stay at the same category as the offending hotel.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jayer
Of course they can't charge you for sleeping in a conference room, but I think stay credit is still in order.
Yes, you should also receive credit for the stay, 1 stay and 1 night.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat, lots of miles but no status w/ usual *A, OW & ST suspects
where'd you shower?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 1:40 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds to me like the manager was implicitly admitting that a Courtyard was the equivalent of his hotel. So much for the great reviews here of Hyatt Harborside, which I've never thought was that spectacular a hotel.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Sounds to me like the manager was implicitly admitting that a Courtyard was the equivalent of his hotel. So much for the great reviews here of Hyatt Harborside, which I've never thought was that spectacular a hotel.
Same here. I did not give a good review of this hotel. Dirty rooms and poor service both times I tried it. I will take a makeover in management for me to want to try again.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
IMO OP's situation was handled very well.

Sounds to me like the manager was suggesting that a Courtyard was the equivalent if a cot in a conference room in his hotel. (about right IMO )

It's a solid HR and a great airport hotel where i always received good service but i don't expect any airport hotel to be "spectacular".
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by azepine00
IMO OP's situation was handled very well.

Sounds to me like the manager was suggesting that a Courtyard was the equivalent if a cot in a conference room in his hotel. (about right IMO )

It's a solid HR and a great airport hotel where i always received good service but i don't expect any airport hotel to be "spectacular".
While I think this was handled well, I probably would have gone to the CY. Not a huge cot fan.

15K and stay credit, in addition to not paying would be the fairest compensation.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I would be happy to be walked for 15k points......unless it was my 16th night for the current promo.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kevino
I would be happy to be walked for 15k points......unless it was my 16th night for the current promo.
No kidding.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by JoshC
Same here. I did not give a good review of this hotel. Dirty rooms and poor service both times I tried it. I will take a makeover in management for me to want to try again.
Certainly not my experiance. I had a fantastic stay there last summer and I was treated quie well. I'll definitely com back.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I think they should have held your room for you and walked a non-Diamond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.