Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Pier Sixty-Six (Ft Lauderdale, FL) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Leaves 12 Oct 17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pier Sixty-Six (Ft Lauderdale, FL) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Leaves 12 Oct 17)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I wish I had thought to take pictures of the supports that looked similar to this every few feet on the sidewalk/walkways on the 2nd floor of the two story marina building rooms and which appeared to be crumbling at the corners. And, while I'm not in construction, it didn't appear they were working on them, just propping them up.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ladyjaneMN
DH and I stayed here last winter and while I wanted to be positive about the place, it was the first Hyatt we've stayed at where we felt let down. The lobby is beautiful with very high ceilings and you can see out to the pool area which is very nice. We used our free annual nights with the Hyatt CC so we didn't pay anything so I can't really complain, but I was happy we didn't pay for the room. We were not in the tower - we had a room facing the parking lot on the first floor. The air conditioner was really loud all night going off and on. The location is a bit strange as it's about a mile from the beach (walkable on the sidewalk). We were told there used to be a stop for the hop on hop off boat, but that was discontinued so if you want to do the boat tour you need to walk up and over the bridge. We had a car so it was easy to go off property to restaurants. I wouldn't have wanted to be stuck there without a car. We did enjoy the pool area.
I definitely would not have chosen this hotel to use CC free nights. So many other places that would have been a better redemption. However if they were expiring or you knew that you wouldn't need to use them elsewhere, it makes sense.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Fort Lauderdale Pier Sixty-Six Resort and Marina expected to sell for $200 million.

The iconic Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Resort and Marina in Fort Lauderdale is for sale — for buyers who can afford a likely nine-figure price tag.

The 22.7-acre property, owned by global investment firm Blackstone, has been put on the market and is expected to sell for $200 million, which would rank it among the largest local hotel sales in recent years. Broker CBRE Hotels is handling the sale.

Included in the sale will be city-approved plans to build two 11-story, 58-unit residential towers on the property, as well as a three-story parking garage with rooftop pool and 30,000 additional square feet of retail and office space. The new owners will also be able to attach a new brand and management to the property.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/busi...#storylink=cpy
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Just came back after a couple of nights stay.

Diamond breakfast is breakfast buffet for up to 4 ppl. Breakfast is ok selection.

Not a bad place to take the kids to. The pool closest to the tower building is heated. The other small pool shaped like a + sign is a hot tub. Would return if price is right.

Last edited by seawolf; Feb 19, 2016 at 9:25 pm
Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:46 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
the sale has moved forward:
http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...-66-hotel.html

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. Once got the Presidential Suite, other times was pretty disappointed, then again positively surprised.

I have an upcoming stay in March, and the main reason for staying is that I have a great coroporate rate. Never knowing, if it will be reflagged or not... I have now made a backup reservation at a HP, almost double the price of my corporate rate at Pier 66.

Last edited by 59Impala; Aug 13, 2017 at 8:09 am
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any updates?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:49 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
1 night stay in March. With my corporate rate I had booked a "Marina Limited View Double". Got upgraded as an Elephant to a Junior Suite in the tower. Its not a true Suite, simply a very large room. nice though, and oceanview.
it is an old hotel, bathroom was big, but hotel does need an upgrade in my view. Maybe this will happen under the new owners.

Upon check-in I got breakfast vouchers to be redeemed in the restaurant. Good buffet, wide selection. Extremely friendly service and clearly superior as I was recognized as a Globalist. Waiter did a fantastic job.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Sounds like it could be worthwhile as a one night stay near the airport.

Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Just got this e-mail:

"On behalf of the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six, thank you for your past and present business. We would like to inform you that the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six will no longer be a Hyatt-branded or affiliated property as of 11:59 PM on October 12, 2017. The hotel will be rebranded as an independent hotel called Pier Sixty-Six Hotel at 12:00 AM on October 13, 2017.

<Snip>

After October 12, 2017, World of Hyatt members will not be eligible to receive World of Hyatt program benefits when staying at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel, including earning World of Hyatt points and redeeming World of Hyatt free nights.
Hyatt appreciates your business, and we look forward to serving you again in the future at other Hyatt hotels in our system."

Move our reservation to the Hyatt House - too bad was looking forward to trying this out, but not as a non-Hyatt.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:17 pm
formerly a193991

I almost knew this would happen... hence had a backup reservation already or my March stay, although not needed then...too bad, a pity.

Originally Posted by 59Impala
the sale has moved forward:
http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...-66-hotel.html

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. Once got the Presidential Suite, other times was pretty disappointed, then again positively surprised.

I have an upcoming stay in March, and the main reason for staying is that I have a great coroporate rate. Never knowing, if it will be reflagged or not... I have now made a backup reservation at a HP, almost double the price of my corporate rate at Pier 66.
Originally Posted by Neric
Just got this e-mail:

"On behalf of the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six, thank you for your past and present business. We would like to inform you that the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six will no longer be a Hyatt-branded or affiliated property as of 11:59 PM on October 12, 2017. The hotel will be rebranded as an independent hotel called Pier Sixty-Six Hotel at 12:00 AM on October 13, 2017.

<Snip>

After October 12, 2017, World of Hyatt members will not be eligible to receive World of Hyatt program benefits when staying at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel, including earning World of Hyatt points and redeeming World of Hyatt free nights.
Hyatt appreciates your business, and we look forward to serving you again in the future at other Hyatt hotels in our system."

Move our reservation to the Hyatt House - too bad was looking forward to trying this out, but not as a non-Hyatt.

Last edited by 59Impala; Sep 17, 2017 at 1:28 pm
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Just got this e-mail:

<Snip>

It's still bookable on the App, lol. South Florida is one area I've noticed where the Hyatt selection is limited. The Confidante was not our cup of tea and other Brickel area properties were outdated. That Hyatt Centric cannot open quickly enough.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:50 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Just got this e-mail:

<Snip>

I got a similar e-mail from Hyatt but it was much more mysterious, saying I needed to call them. When I called, I was told that the Pier 66 hotel would no longer be a Hyatt hotel as of my January stay..

How convenient is it to get from the Hyatt House to the cruise piers? We are sailing on Royal Caribbean..
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Anybody been there recently who might comment on the current state of the rooms? Suppose I could run on one last time just to revisit the quirkiness of the 1960's. But that seems to be the last time it was remodeled unless it has happened in the last couple of years.

Kind of enjoyed the place, was willing to overlook a lot, and will miss it. But it fits the pattern of an old FS Hyatt that has fallen off the brand standards and ownership does not want to spend the money to get back on. So by mutual agreement the flag is lowered.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
How convenient is it to get from the Hyatt House to the cruise piers? We are sailing on Royal Caribbean.
It depends on your mode of transportation. If you're driving, it's about 15 minutes to the entrance of Port Everglades. (I've never been on a cruise, so I don't know how much further into the Port the parking garages are located.)

If you're taking a cab, it's probably going to be much more expensive than if you were starting at Pier 66.

According to their website, the Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port offers transportation via a third party. It's $12 per person.

Information: https://fortlauderdaleairportsouth.h...verglades.html
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:53 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
It depends on your mode of transportation. If you're driving, it's about 15 minutes to the entrance of Port Everglades. (I've never been on a cruise, so I don't know how much further into the Port the parking garages are located.)

If you're taking a cab, it's probably going to be much more expensive than if you were starting at Pier 66.

According to their website, the Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port offers transportation via a third party. It's $12 per person.

Information: https://fortlauderdaleairportsouth.h...verglades.html
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.