Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Dearborn Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - Left 31 Oct 12-Now Adoba hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dearborn Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - Left 31 Oct 12-Now Adoba hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2009, 6:46 pm

Hyatt Dearborn ?

I noticed that the elevator goes up to 12 with open atrium hallways for each floor but then theres a 14 and 15 floor that are after the elevator goes in the tunnel?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 7:54 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
There is no floor 13 at this hotel (bad luck, I guess), and floor 14 is the regency floor. Access to floor 14 is by keycard only.

Note that one elevator (the right-most elevator as you look at the bank of elevators) also goes a bit higher, to the Rotunda restaurant, which is now only open for special events.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 7:58 pm

i stayed there once and they had a PH floor and then a 14 and 15th floor with Rotunda at 16
Old Jan 5, 2009, 6:23 am

Programs: Hilton-DIA, IHG-Plat Amb, Hyatt-DIA, SPG-Plat & 3 star, Marriott-Gold, Nat'l-Exec, NWA-Sil
bostonbali is right - they also use to have a monorail that went to the mall....back when the mall was a bit better
Old Jan 5, 2009, 5:41 pm

is the PH floor still there along with floor 14? Also I remember the monorail. I stayed at this Hyatt in '86 when I was a kid.

Last edited by SURGEADDICT; Jan 6, 2009 at 2:19 pm
Old Jan 5, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
If you're Diamond, and can get upgraded, ask for the Petite Suite which has a wonderful Jacuzzi shower stall/sauna.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 7:48 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I got married nearby (at the Henry Ford Estate), and got upgraded to the Presidential Suite at this hotel not too long ago.

Besides being HUGE, I found the Prez Suite to be pretty outdated, and not that fancy. It did, however, have a jacuzzi.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 6:31 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Worth noting that much better food than the mall offers can be found by driving ~5min west down Michigan Avenue. You'll find yourself in the heart of West Dearborn's unofficial "restaurant district." There's a partial listing here:

http://www.dearbornwestonline.com/bu...=Search+%3E%3E

Not listed, but very good, is La Pita for middle eastern food, just east of Outer Drive.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Good if Nothing to Get Excited About

Room spacious, clean, and well furnished. Bathroom had lots of beautiful old marble but tight (and I'm not that large a person). For those of you that care about such things, not a flat panel TV, and not facing the bed.

First floor is dark and cavernous, and the desk is oddly way far away from the door. Club is closed for months. Diamonds were given coupons for a hot buffet in the flagship Italian restaurant, but if was a small interior space and sort of like eating in a cave. (I liked the old space balcony better, but its now the De Soto Foyer meeting room). Buffet offerings, especially hot offerings, were fully OK, no better no worse, if limited.

Close to the airport, but no shuttle. The driving directions are far easier than the website makes if sound. Quite near the Henry Ford Museum complex, which was why we were there. Near old downtown Dearborn, which was sort of frozen in time and interesting in its own way. Several interesting if not gourmet places to eat there that even had windows.

Last edited by jayer; Apr 4, 2010 at 4:28 pm
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Slvr, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5star
FYI - Stayed on 8/26 and was informed that the Regency Club is now permanently closed and that the 2500 bonus points (due to the temporary closure of the RC) would no longer be given.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:49 am

Stayed there on 8/21 and was told that the hotel is having major financial difficulties. Given how hard the economic downturn has hit Detroit, it isn't surprising that this hotel would be struggling.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
Originally Posted by GenieFlyer
FYI - Stayed on 8/26 and was informed that the Regency Club is now permanently closed and that the 2500 bonus points (due to the temporary closure of the RC) would no longer be given.
Thanks for the update. I was planning on a stay next month to get that bonus. Now, I'll need to consider. Would you remember if you still received coupons for breakfast or dinner at the buffet in house?
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
Originally Posted by mangoflyer
Stayed there on 8/21 and was told that the hotel is having major financial difficulties. Given how hard the economic downturn has hit Detroit, it isn't surprising that this hotel would be struggling.
Funny you should mention that, as this news recently surfaced. One hopes that the new ownership will be as stable as some are touting...
Old Aug 30, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: status-less.
Originally Posted by GenieFlyer
When I stayed on 8/23 the front desk said the club was closed- likely permanently - but the web site still said temporary. HyattConcierge on Twitter had said the club was still open about a week beforehand. I was given the points.

My review on the property is that the room was nice, but as jayer said, the bathroom was a bit small. Front Desk had an envelope with my breakfast coupon ready at check-in but did not offer either points or F/B amenity. I was planning on taking the points anyway so obtained them through a call to customer service after the stay. Was put on the 14th floor (basic room, nothing fancy) and things were pretty quiet. Only a one night stay - and a short one at that (about 9 hours...) so saw absolutly no reason to ask about upgrade.

Wireless internet did not work at all (no signal) but found working wired connection. A call to the desk prior to use confirmed that wired connection would also be free for this Diamond and it worked fine.

Bathroom had standard Portico White Ginger products. Breakfast buffet was a B+. Nice pastries, but darn, no banana nut muffins (my personal favorite). Oatmeal tasty but a bit runny. Eggs/bacon/juice/melon all good. Used a couple Costco certs and they were accepted quickly and easily.

Last edited by jtaft; Aug 30, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Old Sep 24, 2010, 2:45 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I recently checked in to this property for about seven hours. Arrived at 6AM after a long night out with friends/driving in from South Bend (I'm a bit of a travel masochist ). Check-in clerk was a bit clueless, but friendly, and I was given a room on the top floor (business level). I left around 1PM the same day to drive back to South Bend, so did not check out any facilities other than the room to sleep so cannot comment there but below are some pictures. Oddly enough, I didn't check out when I left the hotel, so that it would spur a stay credit, but I was never charged for the stay nor did I receive any credit for it, and the authorization hold was $1. When I contacted the hotel, they weren't sure what had happened either, but I've still yet to be charged .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.