Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Sydney Park Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - Pre-Renovation 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Park Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - Pre-Renovation 2011

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Arrive in Sydney on the 27th Dec for 9 nights. Hoping the property will re-open in time and I might even get a decent rate as it will likely not be a full launch initially.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by surryson
Arrive in Sydney on the 27th Dec for 9 nights. Hoping the property will re-open in time and I might even get a decent rate as it will likely not be a full launch initially.
Decent rate over New Year's ? I think it's wishful thinking
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by surryson
We are having zero luck for the 28th and the hotel says they will open on Feb1, but then release teasers in the travel press that they maybe will open early December. We ring every other day, as we are locals anyway, and like you would like to stay there. The photos released for the Business Traveller magazine are fantastic, love the look of the refurb.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 9:45 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Just look at the property. There is no way it will open in December, it is still under construction! I think they will do everything for February, and if possible, start accepting reservations for late January. Any earlier is completely doubtful.

As for NYE, the PHS has always charged RACK over NYE, and required a minimum 5 night stay.

Another Hyatt GM in Australia has told me that their new prices will reflect the new product, i.e. they will certainly be much more expensive.

Last edited by m0hamed; Nov 13, 2011 at 5:21 am
Old Nov 13, 2011, 5:16 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
From SMH

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...109-1n6j7.html

So it appears Christmas is a possibility, though I don't see how. Rates start at $795 which is around $200 more than previous rates for their Park King (facing Hickson Rd with no views).
Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:51 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I have made some reservations for a opera room in feb and march. I'm reading thru the amenities and it says round-the-clock-butler service. I checked all the rooms and they all say the same. I'm wondering what this means? In my book someone will be either outside or close to the room I ask for anything he/she does it. I.e I feel like a big Mac they go get it, I want a bath they run the water. I need extra milk they go grub it. I need a foot massage they take off my shoes . Just kidding about the last one but is they how things work with a private butler never had the opportunity
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:44 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I have made some reservations for a opera room in feb and march. I'm reading thru the amenities and it says round-the-clock-butler service. I checked all the rooms and they all say the same. I'm wondering what this means? In my book someone will be either outside or close to the room I ask for anything he/she does it. I.e I feel like a big Mac they go get it, I want a bath they run the water. I need extra milk they go grub it. I need a foot massage they take off my shoes . Just kidding about the last one but is they how things work with a private butler never had the opportunity
I wouldn't get to excited.
Have never met one in all the years I have stayed at the property regardless in a luxury suite or a guest room. It looks good on paper/in advertising though
The butler service I would assume may be possible by request though.

It's typically from the hotels that really offer it unpacking, and other things like garment pressings, milk and cookies, or other such similar assistance/amenity delivery. Where hotels seriously have them like the former Sheraton Southgate in Melbourne (now a Langham) The butler would ring the door of my suite and introduce themselves snacks already in hand. They would be assigned to me during my stay and a back up butler when the other one went off duty.

The Park Hyatt Sydney probably has some of these folks available however the hotels service in recent years has been very good overall even if a butler never actually showed up
Many random acts of kindness during my past few stays.
I expect even more greatness in the new relaunch
Cheers
Old Dec 4, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
...I need a foot massage they take off my shoes...

Made my week.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: QFWP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Got an e-mail directly from the hotel on Friday confirming the opening date will be 1st Feb 2012. Just missing our wedding night. Good thing I booked a back-up room at the Shangri-La, but still, was really looking forward to the PH.

Going to be a fair bit of lost revenue for them over the Christmas/NY period. I hope their contracts provide for adequate compensation!

Cheers,
- Febs.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:47 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

The PH Sydney has a butler on each floor, i.e. he or she will unpack your clothes, and deliver anything to your room rather than the concierge. In years gone by they were also cooking for Christina Aguilera so I imagine you could ask anything!

I was at an event last week in Circular Quay and parked right outside the loading dock. It would appear tradesman are working around the clock as they were still working at 11PM. Waking back to the hotel I could see that most of the rooms have no furniture. They would have to be working double time to get the property open by 1 Feb.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:17 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by m0hamed
The PH Sydney has a butler on each floor, i.e. he or she will unpack your clothes, and deliver anything to your room rather than the concierge. In years gone by they were also cooking for Christina Aguilera so I imagine you could ask anything!
Interesting. The few times I have stayed there, this service was never mentioned. But then, I am not Christina Aguilera!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed

I was at an event last week in Circular Quay and parked right outside the loading dock. It would appear tradesman are working around the clock as they were still working at 11PM. Waking back to the hotel I could see that most of the rooms have no furniture. They would have to be working double time to get the property open by 1 Feb.
At $15,000.00 dollars a night plus tax per night for the new top luxury suite
I would want the butler cooking dinner and chasing cob-webs 24/7
Don't expect your butler to show up shaking your hand summon them should need arise

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Dec 5, 2011 at 12:21 pm
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Interesting. The few times I have stayed there, this service was never mentioned. But then, I am not Christina Aguilera!
I can confirm that I am not Christina Aguilera either but on one stay there was a butler introducing himself offering his services. I didn't really used the offer though - I think you will never have the same level of comfort with someone who is assigned to you for a couple of days over someone who has worked with you for years and knows you in and out. Too much effort to get the new one up the curve in that short period of time.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77
I can confirm that I am not Christina Aguilera either but on one stay there was a butler introducing himself offering his services. I didn't really used the offer though.
Same, we had a butler introduce himself on the stay where we got upgraded to the diplomatic suite. We didn't hear from him on the stay in the opera view room.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by camw
Same, we had a butler introduce himself on the stay where we got upgraded to the diplomatic suite. We didn't hear from him on the stay in the opera view room.
Please
Do share how you got upgraded to the Diplomatic suite?
Though I like this hotel in most regards and many of the nice folks that work on property I find this property over the past years to be the stingiest of any full service Hyatt Hotel in the world when it comes to suite upgrades.

This isn't an issue with breakfast, service or view all of which the hotel does exceedingly well for top elites. From my own experience this is not a suite upgrade friendly hotel at all.

In fact they bar suite upgrades for Diamond members in the program and go deaf dumb and blind anytime the word suite and upgrade is used in the same breath. Sell you a suite at full rack rate thats a different story.They become real friendly then

Suite redemption for points is also barred and so is paying up from an award room to a suite as other Hyatt luxury properties have kindly allowed elsewhere.

It’s also why I do two nights here historically and weeks in Starwood and Hilton hotels when in Australia each year.In fact it is the only hotel I can think of globally where I stay as a top tier member and suite upgrade is simply not in their vocabulary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.