Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Perth REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2000, 3:42 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr

A terriffic hotel. Great service. Outstanding Regency Club staff. A wonderful setting for club with great views of the river. The breakfast in club is as expected, however do not expect anything at all like other RC's in Hyatt's at Perth. The poo-poos are crackers and dip most nights. A few nights you get a plate of a couple canape's. Very unfair.

Dinner at the top was very good. Dinner out in the leased space at ...(a womans name) was even better. Four of us had six entrees (not main courses!) including splitting two ceasar salads. Our new friends from Melbourne even ate the salad first in our honor! Easy to make friend traveling in Australia and no better place to do that than the Hyatt Regency Club!

I recommend Perth for vacationing, but reserve 10 days a the very minimum. Our 7 leaves us with having to go back (yeah!) to do many other things that we just could not fit in!!!
Old Apr 9, 2000, 8:52 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Regarding The Perth Hyatt
As a frequent stay
Hyatt Diamond member I agree with the member above this Hyatt is a winner!I have stayed twice when I was a Platinum member and they treated myself and family like long lost /family friends it wasn't just a stay but an emotional one too!
Just when you thought the Australian hospitality could not get any kinder or more friendly/ caring.The Regency Club staff would go into our rooms and leave fruit and cheese,water while we were out.They killed us with kindness from great location rooms&views to kind consideration at resevations.EVEN MAKING EXCEPTION TO GIVING US SOLD OUT SPACE When availabilty did not permit.Can we clone this management and staff
and bring them to the U.S.! Say Hi to Brian and Emma if still in the Regecy Club this guest never forgets wonderful service thats above and beyond Cheers.............
Old Apr 7, 2002, 4:07 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Perth Hyatt a bargain

We made our second stay at the Hyatt Regency Perth last month (proir stay 2 years ago). At only 5000 points per night it is a really deal.

Check in is great. Parking is A$10 self park and A$15 valet. Call 20 or more minutes before you want your car as service demands are sometime overpowering for the staff. They also act as the bellmen and concierge. They do an average minus job ot the latter.

Last trip we were given a suite (wife Diamond) but we only swang a normal Regency room this trip on a non smoking floor (6, RC on 8). Room was average, but with a spectacular view of the Swan. Two robes. Water pressure excellent. Bed very comfortable. Quiet.

The core are of this hotel is really quite elegant. Piano player, water elements, nice seating, good service and lots of open space. As part of a larger structure, there are eateries both in the hotel (3)and in the adjoining buildings.

We ordered room service twice. Service was prompt and as ordered.

The Diamond amedity was a dish of a few nice candies and two bottles of water.

The Regency Club was redone since our last stay. The furniture wes upgrade materially, as was the accessories. The breakfast service is full continental. The evening is a bit more of a disappointment. Only two nights a week do they have hot food. The other nights you get a couple of bread types brought to you or three canapes. Drinks are free. They are brought to you. It is almost impossible to make your own, therefore you might have to wait a few minutes when they are busy. The view from the club is, again, the Swan River. RC is on 8 and requires a special key for access on the elevator. You can also walk down from 9. During the day they have cookies, orange juice, cold water and coffee. Sodas are not available during the day.

The hotel is not as close to the action as many, so I suggest a car. For things to do in Western Australia, look for my trip report to be posted in a couple days. Note this is our second trip, so many of the things that were of greatest value to us were done two years ago.
Old Mar 13, 2005, 3:49 am

Perth Hyatt

Sorry to start a new thread, but I'm pretty new to Hyatt, and I can't seem to make a search. Mr. honu and I have an award reservation at the Perth Hyatt. Is it a nice place or is it the very bottom of the barrel (a' la Ricky's in Palo Alto)? Also, is there a self-parking option and roughly how much does it cost? And finally, what happens after we make the award reservation? Do we get a paper cert in the mail or are the points deducted when you check in? (As you can see, we're pretty green when it comes to Goldpassport... )

Last edited by honu; Mar 13, 2005 at 4:39 am
Old Mar 13, 2005, 4:47 am
MGR

Programs: CO Gold, AA PLT, HYATT PLT
Perth Hyatt

Originally Posted by honu
Sorry to start a new thread, but I'm pretty new to Hyatt, and I can't seem to make a search. Mr. honu and I have an award reservation at the Perth Hyatt. Is it a nice place or is it the very bottom of the barrel (a' la Ricky's in Palo Alto)? Also, is there a self-parking option and roughly how much does it cost? And finally, what happens after we make the award reservation? Do we get a paper cert in the mail or are the points deducted when you check in? (As you can see, we're pretty green when it comes to Goldpassport... )
Hey there. I stayed at the Perth Hyatt in September, and thought it was OK...definitely nothing special, but not as bad as some of the Hyatts in the US. The Regency Club is a bit of a disappointment although it has beautiful views of the Swan River. I tried to park on the street the first day (it was a weekend day) but the parking around the area is a pain, and I ended up succumbing to valet...
Old Mar 14, 2005, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Just stayed there recently and have been meaning to post a review. Its just fine for Perth, though a bit out of the way compared to some of the other hotels. The staff was exceptionally nice and professional, the facilities okay but not liek a park Hyatt or anything - dated. Don't get you expectations up too much, you'll be just fine.

I stayed in the "Swan River Suite" on a 8K points suite award after agreeing to throw down A$200 a night for it - one of the two penthouses (the other being the "Margaret River Suite"). Very nice, very spacious
Old Mar 16, 2005, 9:15 am

Location: Lahaina,HI USA AA PLT 9 Million Miles+, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz No. 1 Club Gold, Starwood Platinum,OnePass Gold Elite,+++
I stayed there last month with my wife and it was quite nice. The RC served a very good breakfast, but we missed cocktails.

We went to dinner at Coco's. You might enjoy it. We did.

Have a great time!
Old Apr 26, 2005, 2:32 am

Hyatt Perth

Hi - here is my review of the Hyatt in Perth.

Bit of a background on me - Hyatt Diamond, first time to stay at this property in Perth. Had 5 nights here in March/Apr 05.

As a Diamond, emailed through and asked if they comp upgrade to suites, was responded to quickly (within hours) and told for an extra A$50/night I could get a suite (these are huge) on floors 1-3, or A$100/night for a suite on a higher level floor, otherwise, they would be upgrading my two rooms to the regency club.

Hotel has a distinct 80s feel to it with the bricks, but the lobby is spacious and spectacular, complete with water feature, limestone elephants and live music on weekends. this property regularly is frequented by wedding functions with crowds of people around and many airlines stay here (ie Air NZ, South African Airlines, etc).

The location isn't the greatest, it is on the far end of town, near the WACA (Cricket Ground). And isn't as central as say the Hilton for business, northbridge, etc. But in terms of quality, it walks all over the Hilton.

The rooms are spacious, with bathtubs, the standard hyatt toiletries (conditioning shampoo, moisturiser, bath gel, plus a scrubber, soap and sewing kit.

Diamond amenity was a bottle of nice red wine and some apples on a plate. This was only provided to one room, on the day of arrival. TV is about a 23". work desk, comfortable bed (not too hard, not too soft). fridge, tea/coffee, iron, robes, nice embroidered hyatt slippers and a magazine selection. High speed internet is available through a cable for A$25 per 24 hours period (not noon to noon) - this is about US$18.

Phone calls I think are about A$1.00, and untimed for local.

Turn down service was included on the regency club levels (8 and 9). Unsure about others. Only access to levels 8 and 9 is via card access.

Gym is small, with weights and machines, but both running machines were almost always busy. Adequate gym. Pool area is great, wide, plus a sauna and great tennis court (floodlit). No charge for pool, gym, sauna. They also provide you with a free raquet and balls if you want. Available free for all guests.

Around the area - it's great for a jog along the riverside up to the narrows bridge, rather than jogging in the gym anyhow.

The regency club lounge was great. And the service was superb, with the exception of Saturday night, where it was very busy and the staff (not the regular ones) were under the gun and super busy.

Evening included a great selection of dishes including salmon on cucumber, antipasto, prawns, tuna, nuts, vegetables, sweets including various declious pastries, plus free wine, spirits, champage, beers (limited choice - crown, hahn - no local beers).

They have cookies and apples available throughout the day.

For breakfast, they have a cold selection - but it is superb, bircher museli, egg frittas, salmon, cold meats (ham, turkey, pepperoni), danish pastries, muffins, breads, 4 juices (apple, orange, tomato, grapefruit), yoghurt, fruits, etc - enough to completely fill you up - but you can get a breakfast downstairs if you want (with hot dishes) for A$15 for regency club guests, per person instead if you want.

Had meal one night in the buffet restaurant - food selection was excellent and the quality was good to better. Was A$42 for the buffet. Which was reasonable. Drinks (alcoholic) are amazingly expensive in the buffet, so be careful! (I think a bloody mary came out at A$14!).

Will definitely stay here again and plan to in a few months. The lounge staff are excellent and very friendly. Room service is quick and professional.
Old May 1, 2005, 10:33 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Stayed there twice in the last three weeks. First time for one night and then returned for a two night stay. Stayed on 5k points per night and thought it was excellent value.

Both times upgrades to RC and found the cocktail and breakfast and service in the RC very good. The first stay was not given wine, just apples. On the second stay received a nice letter a bottle of wine and apples.

As I was there on the weekend took advantage of free street parking behind the hotel without too much difficulty. You would need to pay if you had the car there between 8:00 am and 12:30 on Saturday but is free Saturday afternoon through Monday morning.

The hotel is a little off the beaten path, but there is an excellent free bus service in the city that gets close to the hotel; unfortunately, the bus near the hotel doesn't run into the evening.

Definitely no regrets about staying here. Enjoy.
Old May 4, 2005, 5:37 am

We were likewise happy with our stay. Mr. honu is only Platinum this year, but we still got a nice riverview room, with water and apples as amenity (not sure if it's standard, but much welcome). We also tried the lunch buffet, reasonably priced with decent food. I agree, for 5000 points, this hotel is a good value!

How long does this property normally take to post points to one's account? We used a couple of 1000-points bonus certs and after 10 days (or so), no points have posted yet.
Old May 4, 2005, 8:13 am

You might want to send an email to Gold Passport CS if they haven't credited them after 2 weeks. Last time I stayed there took about a month for points to post, and 2 months and an email to acknowledge FFN eligibility.
Old May 6, 2005, 11:57 pm

points...

I was owed about 10,000 points and after waiting for about 5 weeks for these to post, i gave up and contacted the property directly. After about 2 days, they were credited.

I suggest you email them at:

Gadi Hassin
Director of Rooms
Hyatt Regency Perth
[email protected]
Old May 7, 2005, 7:46 am

Thanks Kawoh, I'll follow your advice and email them directly. It's been a bit over 2 weeks now; is it long enough to write, since the points haven't posted?
Old May 7, 2005, 5:27 pm

no harm in emailing them

there's no harm in shipping them an email. i'll let you know how quickly my upcoming august stay goes crediting with them without having to remind them.
Old May 11, 2005, 7:00 am

Programs: QF Gold
There's a wonderful restaurant downstairs - Joe's Oriental Diner - furnished in a colonial trading style. The Singapore Noodles will blind you. (The Chili Icon against some menu items really must be acknowledged.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.