Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bellevue REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bellevue REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2006, 10:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by 168
Lucky you! My diamond comp suite up grade ended after the remodel. 4 stays this year, all on Saturdays, never once see XX20 rooms again!

For the price they are charging on weekdays, I am amaze people are actually booking there.
The only reason I was staying there was that my employer has a corporate rate and I am here on business - wouldn't spend my own money to stay there. Staying at the Seattle GH tonight - hope it's better
Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:15 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
The only reason I was staying there was that my employer has a corporate rate and I am here on business - wouldn't spend my own money to stay there. Staying at the Seattle GH tonight - hope it's better
The GH Seattle is great - should almost be classified a Park.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:23 am

Programs: AA, HH, Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott
I stayed there one night this weekend, as it is the first time that I could afford it (at $119). It rarely drops below $269ish, I think I recall. And since I DON'T have a corporate rate, it's just not an option for me, unfortunately. I did indeed LOVE the property though. I've been hopping all over town for the past two months looking for some place to call home, and it is the first one that has really flipped my switch. So I'll be squeezing in a few stays there and the Grand Hyatt Seattle over the next 3 or 4 weeks when the rates drop below $170. Like every Sunday night. But then I have to move out because I can't afford the remaider of the week. Sad really. I think I have a total of 10 planned before year end, though, and looking forward to it.

Also unfortunately, I started travelling late this year, so I won't hit Diamond. So if any of you regulars there want to guest me into the club lounge, I'll buy ya a bagel!

BTW, if you haven't already done so, check out Joey's restaurant downstairs (across the motor court) for the most amazing mushroom soup you will EVER lay a lip on.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 2:27 pm

Update on the Bellevue Expansion

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsourc...02&query=hyatt
Old Dec 18, 2006, 6:31 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I haven't done a stay here since they finished renovating the lobby area, bar, etc so I thought I would post an update. This is really a great hotel now, the rooms are nice and modern as others have noted, but with the huge redesigned lobby this has much more of a bigger city hotel feel. The location is also great, right in the center of shopping/eating. It's also quite festive around here with the Christmas decorations etc.
And the service at the hotel has really been stepped up. We came home for xmas from Singapore on Saturday to find our house without power, somehow we were able to find one night here, then have added another each day. First day was a cheap weekend rate ($109), successive days have been either points or FFN (actually a pretty good use of these in the scheme of things and considering hotel is selling out each night at a high $$ rate). The place is filled each night with refugees from the power outage and the concierge has been working all day getting folks reservations for dinner, etc. The hotel staff has really stepped up to help folks out.
First night we were in a great south facing room on high floor, then were told we had to move ("a regular guest who is also a diamond stays in that room each week") so they put us in a south facing suite on the top floor. We've been able to just stay here by extending each morning with points and FFNs. We'll probably stay the rest of the week, I found at least one night with the $109 rate.
As for the competition (the Westin down the street), this Hyatt compares well. Right before we moved out to Singapore int he fall we spent a few nights at the Westin with our pets (that is a great perk of *wood). It's a nice new Westin, has solid service and clean modern rooms. I am top tier at both *wood and Hyatt, and generally get a better upgrade at *wood-- the Westin hooked us with suites while we were there. The bar at the Westin was nice, very friendly younger guys tending bar. We havent tried the new Hyatt wine bar, that's on tap for tonight, but it looks nice, even had a live 5 pieve brass band in there Sat night.
Finally, the RC seems like it has been slightly tweaked, a bit more couch seating then I recall and the attendant this weekend is a great improvement over the one from last visit. Nothing stellar in terms of food, but good bagels, cream cheese, salmon, fruit etc. I think the free breakfast at the Hyatt gives it a slight edge over the Westin next door in my mind.
Bottom line, Bellevue has come a LONG way in the last few years, the area around the hotel is really being developed nicely and the Hyatt itself has completely transformed itself.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:52 am

Programs: AA, HH, Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott
Stephem ~

I probably saw you guys in the wine bar if you made it in. I was there Sunday and Tuesday nights this week (maximizing stays, and the amazing Shopping Package rate deal). I've stayed at the Grand Hyatt downtown a few times, as well. But I like the Bellevue property a LOT more. I like the atmosphere, great shopping, great dining all within walking distance. Downtown has that as well, of course, but it's just a little "lighter" feeling in Bellevue, IMO.

If you didn't get a chance to check out The Twisted Cork yet, DO. It is now my favorite restaurant in Seattle. I've not ordered off the main dinner menu yet. But for lite fare (bar / appetizer menu) with a huge selection of wines by the glass, and live music, it can't be beat. I especially like the jazz trio (actually a bass, keyboard and vocalist - think Natalie Cole meets Diana Krall) on Sunday nights. The crab cakes are the best in town (of the 20 or so that I've tried so far). And the wine stewards are very personable, helpful and NON-pretentious. The wine list is even light-hearted. Sorry I'm blithering on about this place, but I'm rarely so impressed with a new place. Not many of the hiccups so often found in nascent operations. Oh yeah, and most all of the wines come in 2 oz "tasting" sizes as well. Gotta love it.

In any case, if you're not a big seafood or wine fan, there's always Joey's downstairs. Some of the best Mushroom soup you'll ever taste. It's even featured in Gourmet magazine this month, as I recall. Try the diva salad too.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 4:18 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I am booked here tonight (matress run), glad I did it before the storms. Hotel is full and the hyatt.com rate is now 169 a night.

Of course, this hotel does not have a web check in.

Having grown up on the east side, I find it quite unpleasant now. It looks more like Bethesda than anything mildy resembling Bellevue of the past - just one chain eatery after another followed by one chain store and then really bad drivers.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 8:55 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
In the middle of a 3 night stay - be sure to research your rates carefully, as I ended up booking 3 different res due to 3 different rate availabilities.

Easy to find off the 405 - EZ & quick on/off if you willl be traveling via car while you are here. Valet parking available. Self parking is easy and is in an underground garage; very well lit and appears quite safe. Little difference in price, except on the weekend, when self is free. (^) Remodel is complete; now has web check in. Check in at desk was quick & pleasant. Placed on the RC floor; which is key coded. IMO, room is spacious for a "midtown" hotel. Bath is not, but is adequate. Typical Hyatt "browns". Got in extremely late after a long flight, room service is available until midnight (^) and was excellent. Order came in a timely manner and special requests were handled correctly. In room safe is large enough to hold a laptop; mini fridge in room. extra plugs built into desk. Spare chair allows desk to be turned into a dining table if one so desires. (like to have a room service breakfast or dinner overlooking the city).

AM RC club offered normal brekkie items, including oatmeal, which I haven't been seeing much of lately, as well as one "speciality" item (waffles one day, potato pancakes the next) All was fresh, replenished promptly, and hostess was quite pleasant. Mid-day offerings were nuts, oatmeal bars, fruit etc. Evening was cheeses, crackers, canapes, nuts and trail mix - pretty much all the normal offerings -again with one "speciality" item. Again, staff was pleasant and greeted everyone upon entry. One thing I particularly liked is that they put desserts out at 5PM with the other food. The set-up area for the food is attractive and different. There is a gorgeous view from the club, as well as an outdoor patio that would be great on a pleasant day.

Have been impressed with the entire staff. I have a sister who is coming here in a few weeks to celebrate her b'day. She has no status with Hyatt, and was booked at a rate of $139. They are running an anniversary special of $55; (20 years in business, was their opening day rate) At my request, agreed to change her rate, but then also upgraded her to the RC floor, and made special arrangements for her birthday dinner at Daniels. Very very nice of them, and much appreciated. (as a single Mom of 3 kids under 12 this will be a great treat for her....) Certainly above and beyond.

I did not eat in any of the restaurants, but know quite a few people who have, and they rave about them. Daniels is particularly nice with a great view, but the Twisted Cork is fun with live music. As others have stated, there are multiple chain resturants and shops within easy walking distance. Personal choice as to whether one thinks that is great or not. The gym and pool facilities are a health club directly across the street from the hotel. The new tower is not quite complete (this summer I think)

Overall, an excellent stay, and I can certainly recommend.

Last edited by sophiegirl; Mar 16, 2009 at 11:23 pm
Old Apr 4, 2009, 4:29 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Having stayed here on the anniversary rate during the last month I am very impressed with this hotel. As a long time Starwood Platinum member I can really see a lot of differences (positive) with this Hyatt compared to some Starwood properties.

The room is large, nice windows, and comfortable bedding. I like the Heavenly Bed and Sweet Sleeper, but sometimes I feel as though all of the bedding is going to "choke me"

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Even the housekeeping staff greets me with a "hello; have a nice day. . " There was an issue with one of my stays not posting and when I mentioned it to the front desk person (he turned out to be the manager) he emailed Gold Passport and took care of it immediately. He also followed-up with me via email.

I like the Twisted Cork. The wine selection is good and reasonably priced along with the snacks and good live music. Daniel's is one of those restaurants that just does everything "right" and makes you feel special. Other restaurants and shopping are within a short walking distance from the hotel.

I am a big believer that what differentiates each hotel is service. All hotels have rooms, beds, but this hotel has really become one of my favorites due to the EXCELLENT service that all of the staff members provide. It's just the little touch of "hello, how are you, how may I be of assistance?" that makes the big difference in a stay. So far I am very impressed with the Hyatt.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 5:51 am
In memoriam

After staying here 6 times in the last 4 weeks, I think I have a pretty good review of the hotel. As a Diamond the room upgrades are just a higher floor with access to the Regency Club (which is very nice except there are a LOT of people who just dump their suitcases, families, etc. and leave ). The staff at this hotel is amazing. Truly. They are consistently helpful and make a guest feel as though they're staying at a 5* hotel. Nothing is an issue; nothing is a big deal; it's just taken care of.

Parking is $16 for self-park overnight; $18 for valet. There is definitely enough to do in the area within walking distance. I am very pleased with this hotel and if all Hyatts are the same way then I'm looking forward to my other stays.
Old May 18, 2009, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Thumbs up Back from Bellevue

Yes, Bellevue HAS a Regency Club on 23rd with a patio BUT the second tower is opening at the end of July and the Regency Club is moving to the Evergreen Room on the second floor and apparently no patio or views

On the upside, the Lounge is supposed to be very spiffy with new furniture, fireplace and be quite a bit bigger.

The service on this stay was phenomenal. Check-in great, 2 * $50 GC for shopping (one per night and I needed those big time ) Upgraded to RC and the ladies there were also awesome and knowledgeable about the area. Great views of Mt. Reinier, apparently not all that common! Received both the G2 and PNW 5K bonuses (had to call GP) so this was one awesome deal. Hotel was also booked solid for both nights - they are doing well (I am sure most don't know about these bonuses)

The gym is now a full Hyatt facility in the same location. Nice new treadmills and otherwise full machine variety, both cardio and strength. Spotless and cleaned very regularly. Pool is adjacent to the gym. Parking in the garage is still free on weekends

Well done Hyatt!

PS - Hyatt is apparently moving 100% to the white ginger variety in bath amenities which I personally love ^ Also got a $400 bumb voucher from United and got to SEA 3 hours earlier than scheduled - let's just say the stars aligned on this trip!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 4:51 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Yes, Bellevue HAS a Regency Club on 23rd with a patio BUT the second tower is opening at the end of July and the Regency Club is moving to the Evergreen Room on the second floor and apparently no patio or views

On the upside, the Lounge is supposed to be very spiffy with new furniture, fireplace and be quite a bit bigger.
I was given the same info re. the RC moving. I was told they may have some hot food, possibly an omelet station. But it sounds like it's still a work in progress so don't salivate, yet. The new RC is tentatively supposed to open in mid-August, but I didn't get the impression that was a firm date. It will be an improvement as it has got to be roomier than the current cramped Club. Downside, it will be further.

FYI, the new tower is scheduled to open 7/31 (some premium rooms may be delayed). Note that, until the new RC opens, if you are in the new tower, it will take two elevator rides to get there.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN
Bellevue

What type of upgrades do Diamonds usually receive at the Hyatt Bellevue? I'm thinking of possibly using one of my confirmed suite upgrades.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 7:44 pm
In memoriam

Love this hotel! Private tour of the new tower

The new tower opened today at 10 AM. It is absolutely lovely! The front desk manager gave me a private tour. They should be very proud of this property; for somebody who has seen Bellevue "grow up" over the years, the transformation is amazing. This hotel is wonderful. The new Regency Club doesn't have a patio or view, but it is about 4 times bigger than the other club (I was told it was going to open in about a month). The furniture is lovely - very modern/contemporary. Additionally, they will have a chef who will cook hot food. There is also a new martini/raw bar going into the new hotel space as well. What differentiates this hotel from many others is how great the service is. I continue to be impressed with this property and now with the addition of the tower they will be able to gain more convention business as well.

As far as the room; I didn't care what kind of room I had - it had a king bed, and AIR CONDITIONING First good night's sleep I've had in 5 days!

Checked in tonight with the 73 per night rate. Was upgraded to a junior suite in the new tower. Lovely sitting area, bedroom, and bathroom. Two flat panel TVs in the room. No mini bar or fridge in the room. Nicer views from the other tower imo (but I have always been on floor 20 or higher). They have 50 rooms open in the new tower as of now.

Last edited by ldsant; Aug 1, 2009 at 7:26 pm
Old Aug 6, 2009, 6:26 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by ldsant
The new tower opened today at 10 AM. It is absolutely lovely! The front desk manager gave me a private tour. They should be very proud of this property; for somebody who has seen Bellevue "grow up" over the years, the transformation is amazing. This hotel is wonderful. The new Regency Club doesn't have a patio or view, but it is about 4 times bigger than the other club (I was told it was going to open in about a month). The furniture is lovely - very modern/contemporary. Additionally, they will have a chef who will cook hot food. There is also a new martini/raw bar going into the new hotel space as well. What differentiates this hotel from many others is how great the service is. I continue to be impressed with this property and now with the addition of the tower they will be able to gain more convention business as well.

As far as the room; I didn't care what kind of room I had - it had a king bed, and AIR CONDITIONING First good night's sleep I've had in 5 days!

Checked in tonight with the 73 per night rate. Was upgraded to a junior suite in the new tower. Lovely sitting area, bedroom, and bathroom. Two flat panel TVs in the room. No mini bar or fridge in the room. Nicer views from the other tower imo (but I have always been on floor 20 or higher). They have 50 rooms open in the new tower as of now.
I stayed here the same night on the $73 rate. Appreciated the AC (could have used it a couple days earlier when it hit 103°F), but didn't receive a suite -- never have as a Diamond.

The new tower area is very earthy with some nice art work in the lobby and ballroom area. I peered through the glass at the new RC. It is huge compared to the current space (but that isn't really saying much). The proof will be in how efficient it operates. They've had the opportunity to build this proper from the ground up, so I will be interested to see if they have really thought things through. The chef creating hot food sounds nice, but if it creates waits, that's not so good.

Although I'm skeptical, I remain hopeful for a new, better experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.