Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (reopening 10 Jul 2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (reopening 10 Jul 2024)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2024, 7:17 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
This property is now accepting bookings for the dates of my next stay. However, rooms cost more then the Andaz and there are no standard suites available yet. If there are further delays, they'll likely move everyone to Andaz anyway. Will probably pass.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 11:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Marriott Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
There's a "Hotel Renovation Notice" on their website, which pops up this message:

A New Chapter of Iconic Experiences, Coming Soon – Following a multi-year transformation, Grand Hyatt Singapore will gradually unveil its transformed spaces and guestrooms in Terrace Wing from Q3 2024, with guestrooms in the Grand Wing slated to open in 2025.

Our hotel accommodation booking system is now operational, and ready to accept reservations for stays starting 1 August 2024. To check availability and book your stay, click on the “BOOK” button located at the top of the hotel’s website. For a limited time only, take advantage of savings of up to 15%!
It does seem like the night of Aug 1 is bookable, we'll see if that continues to be true but for now I've edited the thread title accordingly.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 2:06 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by gravii
This property is now accepting bookings for the dates of my next stay. However, rooms cost more then the Andaz and there are no standard suites available yet. If there are further delays, they'll likely move everyone to Andaz anyway. Will probably pass.
I'd love to check out the GH on my upcoming August trip, but seeing rates of SGD428++. Even though that signifies "easy luck" as a local friend tells me, it's a bit rich for my tastes for a hotel that's likely to still have some teething issues, with club lounge and suites closed. Andaz about 20% less for my dates and IC Bugis less than half, so yeah, unless the GH offers a full dinner as lounge replacement benefit, I'm gonna wait for rates to drop a bit, if they ever do.
kevino likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 10:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jpdx
I'd love to check out the GH on my upcoming August trip, but seeing rates of SGD428++. Andaz about 20% less for my dates and IC Bugis less than half, so yeah, unless the GH offers a full dinner as lounge replacement benefit, I'm gonna wait for rates to drop a bit, if they ever do.
IC Bugis less,than half eg 214SGD++? Where? Website showing 324SGD++ even for Sundays?
Old Jun 11, 2024, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Richey66
IC Bugis less,than half eg 214SGD++? Where? Website showing 324SGD++ even for Sundays?
Redeeming 33k points (which you can purchase at .5cpp) = USD 165 all-in.

More appropriate for this thread, and deserving a big thumbs down, it appears that in the last couple hours, Hyatt sneakily moved GH Singapore from Cat 5 to Cat 6. It was showing up at 20,000 points for regular season, now it’s at 25,000 points.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 8:49 pm

Exactly. I was about to hit the button for a 20,000 redemption when the figure looked a bit different.

The Grand Wing ie the block that faces the road and all associated fixtures eg Club Lounge, bar, and the previous standard suites started renovations later so it's not unexpected that it will open later, in 2025.

I think I will wait a bit for this one...
Old Jun 11, 2024, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

More appropriate for this thread, and deserving a big thumbs down, it appears that in the last couple hours, Hyatt sneakily moved GH Singapore from Cat 5 to Cat 6. It was showing up at 20,000 points for regular season, now it’s at 25,000 points.
This was extremely shady.
I was going to do a GOH and it went up by a considerable bit.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 7:08 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Can someone send me a reliable email address I can use for a special request? Thank you in advance.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 5:31 am
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Marriott Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by 54austin
Can someone send me a reliable email address I can use for a special request? Thank you in advance.
The contact email posted on the website is [email protected]

In the past I have received email from [email protected] but they also listed the previous address in the footer, so I suspect they end up in the same mailbox or are handled by the same team.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Zorak

In the past I have received email from [email protected] but they also listed the previous address in the footer, so I suspect they end up in the same mailbox or are handled by the same team.
Thank you! I somehow missed the email on their website. I'll try both.
Old Jun 14, 2024, 2:39 pm

They are selling club access rooms for September dates I'm looking at, so they must have some kind of lounge
Old Jun 14, 2024, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond

Where can you get points for 0.5cpp? With the 20% bonus on the Hyatt site, 33,000 is US$672.
Old Jun 14, 2024, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Where can you get points for 0.5cpp? With the 20% bonus on the Hyatt site, 33,000 is US$672.
Might be getting confused with IHG points, IHG points are that much they have the 100% bonus
Old Jun 15, 2024, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Did you read the post I responded to? I quoted it in my response, so shouldn't have been rocket science to figure out the context. Richey66 was asking about IC SIN, which of course one would redeem IHG points for.

Last edited by jpdx; Jun 15, 2024 at 2:13 am
Old Jun 15, 2024, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Zorak

FYI, I received a response from [email protected].

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.